PDA

View Full Version : polysyllabic

Bob Barker
20th Nov 2003, 23:19
polysyllabic

Having more than two and usually more than three syllables.
Characterized by words having more than three syllables.

examples: exciting; wonderful; fantastic; irregular; unnecessarily; wickedly

I don't understand warrens use of that word in the video interview from the DXIW web site

Also did anyone else notice/think the Playstation 2 version of Deus Ex had the same guns but they were more powerful

Random
21st Nov 2003, 01:52
There were too many scientific terms that no one understood. Personally I didn't mind it; if there was a plot hole, I could just say, nah, it because of biomolleculareurathanellecules. ;)

GuyBrush-Threepwood
21st Nov 2003, 01:57
personally i liked that aspect of original dx

Sci
21st Nov 2003, 04:55
I loved listening to those scientists argue at the meeting table in the Versalife building, and all those other times when scientists are talking about nanotechnology and stuff. Even if I don't undestand a word of it.

Bob Barker
21st Nov 2003, 17:41
Yeah I really felt it added atmosphere and depth to the DX world

anyone here played both the PC and Playstation versions ?

I didn't like on P2 that the main cutscenes were CGI as opposed to in game engine ,

Sci
21st Nov 2003, 17:54
I own the PS2 version of Deus Ex. It's one of the main reasons that I'm worried about IW, because a lot of the changes that they are making on IW (specifically, slot-based inventory and no player hit zones) were also changed in the PS2 version of the original, and in my opinion it turned out worse. I think it's pretty obvious that it was done for the sake of the console, since it makes the UI more streamlined for use with a controller. However, this also suggests that the reason they are doing it on IW is because of the simotanious Xbox release. A tetris inventory would certainly be hard to manipulate with an Xbox controller. I point the finger at the consoles for necessitating detrimental changes to Invisible War.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Nov 2003, 17:57
Originally posted by Bob Barker
I didn't like on P2 that the main cutscenes were CGI as opposed to in game engine ,

how did they do that, if you could choose different character skintones?

or maybe you oculdn't, on the PS2 version?

sci, do you have to turn EVERY thread into a Console/PC war thread?

Bob Barker
21st Nov 2003, 18:08
perhaps Gaming Forums are THE FUTURE WAR ON TERROR

I think We're all NSF ( not stupid ****ers )

things like the intro were CGI not so much ingame

J.theYellow
21st Nov 2003, 19:57
Originally posted by Sci
I loved listening to those scientists argue at the meeting table in the Versalife building, and all those other times when scientists are talking about nanotechnology and stuff. Even if I don't undestand a word of it.

I liked jumping up on the meeting table and clog dancing while they jabbered. Then I liked shooting a WP GEP round onto the table and splattering them into kibble, then hiding when the guards came.