PDA

View Full Version : Grey Mouser/Red Legg please comment: UK Release date

Jong
20th Nov 2003, 21:29
OK, first sorry to start another release date thread but the official thread is locked and I'm worried just another post in the unofficial thread will get missed.

Grey Mouser, you promised to give us an update when the UK release date was available. Is there any news? At least for the PC version now the US release date is confirmed.

Frankly, a lot of us need to know whether to order from North America.

Red_Carnage
20th Nov 2003, 21:31
Grey Mouser, you promised to give us an update when the UK release date was available. Is there any news? At least for the PC version now the US release date is confirmed.
He'll give a date,when a date is official.
Don't get me wrong here...i'm as eager to get my hands on the game,but i have to wait like most europeans.
No news is good news,considering what happened to the demo...

Jong
20th Nov 2003, 21:38
I agree, no point in saying anything till its official, but Grey Mouser specifically mentioned the UK and RedLegg said nothing about country/region. Not all games publishers ship a Pan-European version to the UK. Some ship a single English version worldwide.

We could assume the new PC release info is for the US only but hey you never know, we may be lucky. It would be good to get it clear.

Don
20th Nov 2003, 21:41
Ok, the UK release date does not matter.
Go to www.dvdboxoffice.com and order it from there. Delivery is FREE anywhere in the world. It's actually cheaper than buying on the high street and you will get it way sooner.

Red_Carnage
20th Nov 2003, 21:43
Optimistic as i may be,i doubt if the game reaches europe before next year.
As u might have noticed...90% of europe manages english well enough to play the game.
But Eidos chose to do it this way,and we can't argue at all..
Wish they would let us choose wether to get a "europe" version or a "US" version.
I'm running a site,and running behind for 3 months is NOT a good thing...
Let's pray all goes well from now on.

Jong
20th Nov 2003, 21:44
Don,

Not always quite that easy. Sometimes there may be keyboard mapping problems. Won't stop me if the UK release is delayed, but I'd prefer to buy a proper UK version.

Also, the price may be cheaper than the high street, but is much higher than UK web store prices.

Catman
21st Nov 2003, 14:36
When news is available, it will be posted in the official thread at the top of the forum.

Patience.