PDA

View Full Version : Updated Gamespy Preview (No Demo...Yet)

Volition
20th Nov 2003, 08:17
Updated Preview (http://www.gamespy.com/previews/november03/dxinvisiblewarpc/)

Characters and Organizations (http://www.gamespy.com/articles/november03/dxinvisiblewarchars/)

(the latter link has pictures of JC and Paul)

El Padrino
20th Nov 2003, 08:50
NO! Why did they take away JC's shades and make his eyes purple!? This is BLASPHEMY!

sandman441
20th Nov 2003, 08:58
i think they had to make him a little different because

they had him merge with helios

Woggy
20th Nov 2003, 09:20
Hahahaha, hes still wearing the same clothes from 20 years ago :P
KICK ANUS
If theres a JC denton faction - IM WITH JC DENTON

comreak
20th Nov 2003, 09:24
Originally posted by Woggy
Hahahaha, hes still wearing the same clothes from 20 years ago :P
KICK ANUS
If theres a JC denton faction - IM WITH JC DENTON

Heh, wouldn't want to meet him in a dark ally... :cool:

Five.Pointe.O
20th Nov 2003, 09:50
Wow JC looks pretty ****in cool. What a P.I.M.P.

Esquire
20th Nov 2003, 11:04
Nice one Volition!

That has to be the greatest information on DXIW i've recieved so far. Pictures of JC AND! sadly the comatosed Paul. Poor Paul.

DarkForge
20th Nov 2003, 11:22
Thanks for the heads-up Volition, some nice info there. Strangely though, Nicolette DuClare isn't mentioned anywhere in that list.

And I wonder exactly how NG Resonance gets unprecedented access to top-secret info such as the type that it mentions... :eek:

Hwarang
20th Nov 2003, 13:08
JC looks wierd, cool, but wierd, almost Vampire like in that picture.

Chad Dumier now presides as chairman of the WTO.

I thought that was cool, he's definitely come a long way since the days of Deus Ex. Looks like WTO's foundation was built off Silhouette

Check out the Templar armour bot, looks like an updated version of the MJ12 commandos.

Hwarang.

Random
20th Nov 2003, 13:31
'I like goth chicks.' (http://www.gamespy.com/previews/november03/dxinvisiblewarpc/23.jpg)

Esquire
20th Nov 2003, 13:50
Originally posted by Volition
Updated Preview (http://www.gamespy.com/previews/november03/dxinvisiblewarpc/)

is it only my computer that can't open this page?

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Nov 2003, 13:52
I think it's your computer. on mine it's OK

First, the interface has been made much simpler -- clearly catering to the control necessities of the Xbox version of the game. Yet, rather than feeling restrictive (as so many console conventions on PC do) DX: IW's interface feels clean and uncluttered. It presents a minimal barrier between the player and the world, it's a snap to control in keyboard-and-mouse mode, and since it only offers a certain number of inventory slots for equipment, requires players to make serious decisions about what they absolutely need to carry.

that should ease some complaints.

Unfortunately, Invisible War's graphics are a little square and crude, as are the in-game character models. The actual art and design work, though, is beautiful in a dystopian sort of way. I also experienced a bit of graphic stutter that may be fixed in the final version. The real attraction, though, is the totally interactive universe that lets you solve problems in ways that could never be scripted.

like in DX1, in other words

In one mission to clear a room of toxic gas, I could have gone in, guns blazing, against some rogue security bots. Instead I decided to sneak through some air vents. The problem was that the vents were blocked by a heavy wooden pallet and the pallet was blocked by a guard who wasn't going to move. I didn't want to kill the guard and risk antagonizing his faction, so I let the rogue bot see me, fire its guns at me through a window, and moved so that the guard was between me and the bullets. Bang! The guard drops, knocks over the heavy pallet, and lets me open the grate to the air ducts -- probably one of my best gaming moments this year.

I WANT this game NOW!

Esquire
20th Nov 2003, 13:55
haha, it's working now! must of been something you said.

DarkForge
20th Nov 2003, 14:20
In one mission to clear a room of toxic gas, I could have gone in, guns blazing, against some rogue security bots. Instead I decided to sneak through some air vents. The problem was that the vents were blocked by a heavy wooden pallet and the pallet was blocked by a guard who wasn't going to move. I didn't want to kill the guard and risk antagonizing his faction, so I let the rogue bot see me, fire its guns at me through a window, and moved so that the guard was between me and the bullets. Bang! The guard drops, knocks over the heavy pallet, and lets me open the grate to the air ducts -- probably one of my best gaming moments this year.

That sounds nifty. :) Hopefully you won't still get the blame for it though, like in DX1's Battery Park subway where the terrorists blew up their own TNT - Manderley had it in for me from Day 1, I swear... :mad:

Quillan
20th Nov 2003, 14:58
Hmmmm

Name: Her Holiness
Affiliation: Order
Sex: Female
Birthplace: Biarritz, France

Once a member of the Parisian high society, Her Holiness is now revered worldwide as leader of the Order. She is a mysterious spiritual leader who communicates with her followers mostly with recorded sermons and epigrams, which play continuously on streetside holocomms around the world.

Nicolette DuClare, perhaps? Same age as Chad, born in France, once a member of Parisian high society? Sure seems to fit.

Sci
20th Nov 2003, 15:04
Nicolette would be getting on in years by the time of the sequal. Perhaps Her Holiness is her daughter. Perhaps her name is Beth Denton ;)

Thanks for putting the spoilers tags in on that post, Random. Unfortunately, I already saw it (plus I already knew. Damn other people who don't know how to use the tags)

Random
20th Nov 2003, 15:04
Quillan, I added spoiler tags because I think you're onto something there. ;)

Random
20th Nov 2003, 15:06
Originally posted by Sci
Nicolette would be getting on in years by the time of the sequal. Perhaps Her Holiness is her daughter. Perhaps her name is Beth Denton ;)

DX:IW is set around 20 years after DX1, so if Nicolette was about 25 then, it fits.

Sci
20th Nov 2003, 15:08
Oh, I know that. I was just doing a fun brainstorm :)

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Nov 2003, 16:19
no, Nicolette is Her Holiness, NG resonnace is her daughter

AlteredGlyph
20th Nov 2003, 16:24
Well, I'll just say this. JC looks so freakin cool, I'm going to shoot him just for fun:D

Sci
20th Nov 2003, 16:28
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
no, Nicolette is Her Holiness, NG resonnace is her daughter

I KNEW it, I knew it all along!

I didn't know that NG Resonance was Nicolette's daughter, but I predicted that she DID have a daughter

... man, now I wish I had never read that spoiler. THEY'RE SO TEMPTING! I'm gonna drink some alchohol now. There are brain cells that will remember these facts, and I want them destroyed.

However, this new information about the game has renewed my faith somewhat. A pleasant relief from tortureous knowledge of the game's many changes for the worse.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Nov 2003, 16:44
sci, you don't have to get drunk

it is only a supposition.

(feel free to drink if you want to, though)

Jitan
20th Nov 2003, 16:51
I found this funny "Paul has over the years faithfully directed the operations of ApostleCorp"

Oh, and I love cheese.