PDA

View Full Version : Billie Adams in intro movie

stormeagle
19th Nov 2003, 21:31
Billie Adams (http://www.polarhome.com:793/~insomniacity/billie.jpg)

Are all the pictures of the same person? I think they are, which makes me ask:.
[list=1]
Why is she featured so prominently in the intro movie?
Why did she wait behind when the two other students run for the chopper?
Why is she wearing different clothes to the other students?
Why did she wait until the last chopper had left and the nanite goo closing in before she made the jump for the chopper?
Why was she chosen as the person to be shown at the Seattle base at the end of the movie?
[/list=1]
Probably the devs wanted someone to tie the whole intro movie together and chose a student, but maybe theres more. What do you think?

And is that the voice of Walton Simons? It sounds a lot like him.

Oli

ps yes that is Linux... yes I boot to Windows to play DeusEx.

Esquire
19th Nov 2003, 22:39
She's shown a lot cos they cant show alexd since alexd has various appearances. Also, she plays a prominent role in DXIW. She's alex's homie.

IMO, this was because she was in awe by the whole situation. She lived in Chicago and it was being destroyed before her eyes. She wanted to remember Chicago how it last looked etc. (hah blowing up, or was it melting?)

She was the only student we saw! Everyone else were scientists.

IMO, this was because she was in awe by the whole situation. She lived in Chicago and it was being destroyed before her eyes. She wanted to remember Chicago how it last looked etc. (hah blowing up, or was it melting?)

Cos she's the only student we see in the movie and she plays a prominent role in DXIW. She's alex's homie.

Since the voice of the Scientist talkin to Dr. Nassif sounds like simons', it's possible this person is the clone of simons from a51. Or it could just be that the Simons' voice is being used for a random person in DXIW

9of9
19th Nov 2003, 23:18
The question is: how come she got biomods before you did? :)

coldblue
19th Nov 2003, 23:50
The question is, does Tarsus Academy have a prom? I love a woman with glowing purple eyes.

IconoclastDX
20th Nov 2003, 00:00
who was billie Adams?? I dont remember her, and ive played it twice.

Proxy
20th Nov 2003, 00:03
You sure about that??

They are talking about DX2, not the first one.

lyra
20th Nov 2003, 00:10
The question is, does Tarsus Academy have a prom? I love a woman with glowing purple eyes.

AHAHAHHA thats a good one. i second that cold blue....wish i could play as her. go billy go. (im gonna support her in whatever she does though. shes my beacon of light in the invisible war :) )

Volition
20th Nov 2003, 00:26
She's evil and is most likely going to destroy the planet.

Esquire
20th Nov 2003, 00:38
she breaks into peoples offices....

http://firingsquad.com/media/article_image.asp?fs_article_id=1383&pic_id=14

she's a bad one this Billie. and she influences alexd into thieving too. for shame billie, for shame

lyra
20th Nov 2003, 02:31
awwww....she seems nice. anyways im still following her no matter what she does/is lol "bad billy" ahahahha

Esquire
20th Nov 2003, 11:00
Originally posted by 9of9
The question is: how come she got biomods before you did? :)

She probably stole them

El Padrino
20th Nov 2003, 12:40
Ha. That's probably her omitted reference in the character description. I'd imagine it woudn't be an easy decision to take someone out of the program after they've been biomodified. Kinda like how you get great job security with the See Eye A after being exposed to so much.

stormeagle
21st Nov 2003, 16:05
Sure she might be trying to remember Chicago... but look at the expression on her face... I dont know... no really I don't. Perhaps someone who got a preview could post something in spoiler tags for us.

Dr Strangelove
21st Nov 2003, 16:37
One thing I don't think she looks in the intro movie is frightened or overcome (alright, two things). She may well have wanted a last look at her home town, but she was confident and casual enough about what she was doing.

She's alex's homie.

At the risk of sounding phenomenally stupid, what the hell does that mean?

p-i
21st Nov 2003, 16:53
Originally posted by Volition
She's evil and is most likely going to destroy the planet.

i bet you say that to all the girls.

p-i
21st Nov 2003, 16:55
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
At the risk of sounding phenomenally stupid, what the hell does that mean?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=homie

XoIoX
23rd Jan 2004, 20:26
Originally posted by stormeagle
Sure she might be trying to remember Chicago... but look at the expression on her face... I dont know... no really I don't. Perhaps someone who got a preview could post something in spoiler tags for us.

A "homie' is someone from your hometown, or someone you grew up with.

FlatFoot
24th Jan 2004, 02:54
YEA! LINUX, BABY! W0000!!!

Okay I'm all right now. :)

Billie was the one who helped 'em in destroying the Chicargo Tarsus so I'm guessing she was hanging about until the last moment to be sure the job had been completely done.

My guess is the Chicago Tarsus director and Walton Simons are played by the same voice actor.

*wave*

xarax
24th Jan 2004, 17:16
Yes, the "Stan" character that speaks with Nassif during the evacuation (the guy in the Mako bio lab) is the same voice actor that did Walton Simons.

pooch
24th Jan 2004, 17:42
[i]Billie was the one who helped 'em in destroying the Chicargo Tarsus so I'm guessing she was hanging about until the last moment to be sure the job had been completely done.

Yes, you are correct - I remember either reading this or it was told to Alex by Saman. I was always wondering why Billie took so long to get into the chopper, and why she didn't seem phased by the total collapse of Chicago. After playing the game, it all made sense.:D

NickPausback
25th Jan 2004, 05:31
I think that she was feeling conflicted about destroying her hometown. In her mind it was necessary, but that's still got to make someone a little somber.

Also, I'm pretty sure that she SAYS she stole her mods when you're talking to her through Nassif's door.

lagoleer
25th Jan 2004, 09:39
>>The question is, does Tarsus Academy have a prom? I love a woman with glowing purple eyes.

Which leads to the question, "How many girls have you seen with GLOWING, PURPLE eyes?!?!" :D

Take me to your leader......

LOL