PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Okay let's see If I final have this down*Spoliers*

BrokenAntiMatter
17th Nov 2003, 21:11
Release date wise the games came in this order;
Blood Omen
Soul Reaver
Soul Reaver 2(I love the dialog in this game some much I have a cd of it playing in my car)
Blood Omen 2
Defiance

Correct? ^_^ Good

Now Any Fan of the series knows that these release dates have no impact on the time line in the game.

A brief explanation of each game;
Blood Omen: The beginning marks the creation of Kain and the end the destruction of the Pillars of Nosgoth.

Soul Reaver: This game starts somewhere around 1200-1500 years after the destruction of the pillars (Maybe Later I can't really remember of the top of my head) and ends 2200-2500 after the destruction of the pillars.

Soul Reaver 2: Starts at the death of Ariel and corruption of the Pillars of Nosgoth and ends some 5000 years prior to the corruption of the pillars.

Blood Omen 2: Some 200+ years after the ending events of Blood Omen.(I never beat this game because of glitches but I was able to rip the sound track and thus have a decent understanding of the game)

Defiance:
Kain Story: Starts where Soul Reaver 2 left off and ends in the same era as Raziel's story.
Raziel Story: Starts 500 years after the closing events in Soul Reaver 2 and ends in the same era.

So Time Line Wise it is

Ending Events of Soul Reaver 2
Then 5000 years later is
The Ending events of Blood Omen and Defiance coincide
Then some 200+ years later are the
Ending Events of Blood Omen 2
Then some 1200-1500 years later
Is the Start of Soul Reaver
Then a millennium later is the end of Soul Reaver.

Is this right?

Tesla
17th Nov 2003, 21:23
Originally posted by BrokenAntiMatter

So Time Line Wise it is

Ending Events of Soul Reaver 2
Then 5000 years later is
The Ending events of Blood Omen and Defiance coincide
Then some 200+ years later are the
Ending Events of Blood Omen 2
Then some 1200-1500 years later
Is the Start of Soul Reaver
Then a millennium later is the end of Soul Reaver.

Is this right?

not sure on dates but i'd add that Defiance begins immediately after ending of SR2.

that's where Kain is, and Raziel starts, but he's trapped in spectral for 500 years, thus the 500 year gap between the two.

Kazael
17th Nov 2003, 22:00
Hmm... I think you need to change your 5000's to 500's.

Morcilla
17th Nov 2003, 23:34
Yeah, 500, not 5000. Raziel in Defiance is in BO1 time period, and it is said very plainly that Janos had been dead for 500 years, and that was at the end of SR2.

Let's use some arbitrary system of years for Nosgoth so we can arrange a timeline - I suggest CP for Collapsed Pillars, meaning that year 1 is when Kain refuses the sacrifice. Before that could be SP (Standing Pillars), working the same way as BC.

So then
-500 SP- is the Vampire purges end with the death of Janos by the Sarafan inquisitorsand their deaths at the hands of Raziel (SR2), and Vorador slaughters 2/3rds of the circle(BO1)
-50 SP- King Willy gets killed by some vampire with the Soul Reaver. Moebius starts his crusade.
-30SP- Mortanius murders Ariel, Nupraptor goes psycho and takes the circle with him, pillars are corrupted.
-1CP- Kain gets killed and raised as a vampire, and does everything in BO1 at this time except for taking care of Willy. Refuses sacrifice, pillars fall.
-200CP- Kain is defeated by the Sarafan Lord when attempting to siege Meridian and left for dead, SL gets the Reaver (BO2)
-400CP- Kain awakens and kills SL, reclaims Reaver, and gets back to building his empire(BO2)
-500CP- Kain raises Raziel, Turel, Dumah, Rahab, Zephon, & Melchiah as vampires (according to timeline in SR2 bonus materials)
-1500CP- Raziel grows wings and is executed (SR1 opening)
-2500CP?- events of SR1. Not exactly clear though about the time between Raziel's last death. they allude to it being a millenium, but are never specific.

How does that sound?

BillyTheSortOfJust
18th Nov 2003, 00:07
Originally posted by Kazael
Hmm... I think you need to change your 5000's to 500's.

You're both right. It just depends on whose version of the timeline you accept.

According to the official info for BO1 info from the creator of Kain and Nosgoth, Denis Dyack, the vampire purge, Vorador wiping out most of the circle o' nine and killing Malek, etc. all happened 5000 years before the beginning of the game.

But the story as written in SR2 & LOKD by Amy Hennig, has those events ocurring 500 years before BO1. Apparently she didn't do her homework or just doesn't care about being absolutely authentic to the details of the story as originally written.

So it just a matter of whether you go with the original or the current incarnation of the story.

Morcilla
18th Nov 2003, 00:12
Silicon Knights don't matter. For their part, there wouldn't be anymore Legacy of Kain and the Reaver would've popped up in some ridiculous cyber-punk setting.

BillyTheSortOfJust
18th Nov 2003, 00:33
Originally posted by Morcilla
Silicon Knights don't matter.

Them's fightin' words. :D

Silicon Knights doesn't matter?

If it weren't for them, the story doesn't exist, BO1 doesn't exist, and therefore the entire LOK series doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Crimson_Pain
18th Nov 2003, 01:44
What I don’t get is why Nosgoth changed soo much between the time of Raziel’s execution and resurrection? Right before Raziel got thrown into the Abyss, Nosgoth didn’t seem that decrepit and the time between he’s execution and resurrection is only a few centuries not a millennium.

Morcilla
18th Nov 2003, 02:02
Silicon Knights don't matter because they aren't making the games anymore. They could say that the Hylden don't exist, Janos was a human before a vampire, that there was no ancient blue-skinned winged vampire race, that Hash was the only real enemy, and that Kain did make the sacrifice and Nosgoth is fine and vampire free because of it. And it would all follow BO1 sensibly.

But would it make ANY difference in the future games? And would anyone playing them care? The games have moved a great distance from BO1's corniness of opening the game with an Aliester Crowley quote. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed BO1, but as soon as there was another game in the LoK series, there was a better game in the LoK series. And if it were up to Silicon Knights, then we wouldn't have gotten the 4 LoK games we have since then. And for all the faults any of them have, I still like all those games, and enjoy actually playing any of them more than BO1.

Crimson Pain, Do you know of anywhere where it is clearly stated how long Raziel was in the abyss between SR1's opening and the actual game? Cause all I am going on is EG's vague comment of something like "a moment or a millenium".

BrokenAntiMatter
18th Nov 2003, 02:22
Originally posted by Crimson_Pain
What I don’t get is why Nosgoth changed soo much between the time of Raziel’s execution and resurrection? Right before Raziel got thrown into the Abyss, Nosgoth didn’t seem that decrepit and the time between he’s execution and resurrection is only a few centuries not a millennium.

Raziel says "Has a thousand years truely past?" or something along those lines.

It didn't change that much scince Raziel was thrown into the abyss. Raziel served a thousand years under Kain and then a thousand years in the abyss.
Think how much we changed in 2000 years as a people.

Dace
18th Nov 2003, 02:32
Also keep in mind that Nosgoth was dieing at this time. Likely at a rate that continued to excerlate. It's a wonder that there was a world left to go back to.