PDA

View Full Version : SR2 vs Defiance confusion [SPOILERS]

Morcilla
17th Nov 2003, 03:19
OK, from SR2 I figured there was no connection between the Hylden and EG, just the EG was connected to the demons he sicked on Raziel in the Sarafan era, and by obvious extension, Hash'Ak'Gik.

Now in defiance we get almost the opposite. The Demons and Hash'Ak'Gik(beyond Turel) actually are the Hylden themselves, who should according to their history, hate EG, whom they didn't accept and fought their war with the Vampires over. And yeah, EG was the God of the vampires before their blood curse & immortality. It was for him that they fought the Hylden in the first place. It seems to make no sense for them to not only be aligned with EG as they appear to be, but to also help EG in trying to kill their prophesized savior.

If I am missing something please let me know. This has me confused and I can't imagine a resolution like the Hylden and EG being in league together, considering the history.

Tesla
17th Nov 2003, 03:26
Originally posted by Morcilla
OK, from SR2 I figured there was no connection between the Hylden and EG, just the EG was connected to the demons he sicked on Raziel in the Sarafan era, and by obvious extension, Hash'Ak'Gik.

Now in defiance we get almost the opposite. The Demons and Hash'Ak'Gik(beyond Turel) actually are the Hylden themselves, who should according to their history, hate EG, whom they didn't accept and fought their war with the Vampires over. And yeah, EG was the God of the vampires before their blood curse & immortality. It was for him that they fought the Hylden in the first place. It seems to make no sense for them to not only be aligned with EG as they appear to be, but to also help EG in trying to kill their prophesized savior.

If I am missing something please let me know. This has me confused and I can't imagine a resolution like the Hylden and EG being in league together, considering the history.

The Hylden and EG are in league together to crush the vampires. When the vampires were granted immortality, they fell from the EG's power because they were no longer part of the life and death cycle. By helping the Hylden defeat the vampires, the EG is bringing them back into the cycle and that's what he wants. Also, I believe when Moebius is talking to the EG at the end, he says that they'll deal with the Hylden later. so he was using them and was planning on destroying them next.

Morcilla
17th Nov 2003, 03:37
It makes sense somewhat for the EG to want to use the Hylden, despite that the Hylden also seem to be immortal (remember that they even could refuse the wheel). What doesn't make sense is why the Hylden would join with EG. He was exactly what the Vampires tried to force on them, but now they would willingly accept EG?

Dace
17th Nov 2003, 04:13
the Demon realm corrupted the Hylden. We are told this in BO2. The demons serve the Hylden because the Hylden subjicated them.

The EG and Hylden alliance is one of convince. Even Moebuis admits that they will be dealt with in time.

Deathbunny
17th Nov 2003, 04:16
the hylden are desperate to get back to the real world where life isn't constant agony and madness any more. In exchange for help getting back from the EG, they've agreed to join the wheel.