PDA

View Full Version : Euro Release Date Discussion Thread

fneh
2nd Oct 2003, 07:52
(sorry if this has been said in another thread but I just have to say)

I got an email from legacyofkain.com about the website update (I'm guessing for the american version seeing as it mentions pre-ordering at stores that aren't even IN the UK to get a free copy of the comic (2 covers available too!)

anyway. It says the official release date is november 18th!

I'm just hoping that UK date for nov 30th is true!

LoK#1
2nd Oct 2003, 15:17
theres also an opportunity for people in the uk to get in on this deal at last (i think so anyway $15.99 for shipping tho)but if i did order this would it work on a U.K ps2 or Xbox? as its a total of $66 basically and i aint paying that just for the damm comic!

look here (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280790)

Omega
2nd Oct 2003, 16:22
Yeah, it's so not fair.

The game is like, a little over £29... but with that high shipping cost (around £9.50) it's going to be around £40 all in all.

I'd love to, I mean, hell, all new games are at least over £40 here anyway, but, whats the point in getting it when we can't even play it due to the incompatibility between NTSC and PAL :(

Dark_Child
2nd Oct 2003, 21:42
I could play it:) I've got a chip for playing import games. But i want a completely dubbed version. Ok, for English people it doesn't matter.

But the 30th of November can be true. The German Release is dated for the same time.

LoK#1
2nd Oct 2003, 22:26
ok now im mad ,im trying to order the game over the internet but it aint accepting my creditcard details ive tried 2 now and no joy are they trying to p#*s me off or what ,dangling thier free comic offer in the air then when i try to grab it they real it back in:mad: :mad: :mad:

EDIT:wayhay finally got it working after going through 6 different cards:confused: :D

Fury
3rd Oct 2003, 00:09
Well I do hope its released sometime this year in the UK, I must have it :) :) its very important! :D

Unholy Messiah
3rd Oct 2003, 02:16
I wanna pre-order it for the comic, but I want the game the day it comes out... that won't happen if I pre-order it... it'll get shipped on the 18th, but won't be here for a couple/few/or more days... :(

darien_specter
3rd Oct 2003, 05:31
Well, at least console players CAN preorder it... this stupid sales practice here in the US of never announcing a PC version and not doing presales of it is really annoying. PC players never get any of the promotional deals, like soundtracks or comics - and I can't think of any reason why!

fneh
3rd Oct 2003, 08:44
It won't work on a UK PS2 unless it's modded. Mine is but I don't know if it'll run imports. It's supposed to. I use the magic swap disc that's supposed to worfk with imports.

- SpiritShift -
3rd Oct 2003, 15:05
I'll toss my lot with darien_specter. So true that PC players miss the good deals. :(

Hmm, I was talking to a guy in my local EB store, he mentioned Defiance having a release date of November 2. Somehow, I don't think he had the right game.

And Omega, if you think your shipping cost was high, mine was about $47. Plus the two games (BO2 and SR2 because again, the great guys at the EB store swore they sold the PC versions of BO2 and SR2 but really didn't) makes a grand total of around $250 dollars. Heh, you gotta be devoted, I'll say that now...

NoobSaibot
3rd Oct 2003, 17:56
PC players may not get the deals but currently thay do have one thing over us 'home consol' only players. Star Wars Jedi Acadamy is out already on PC. X-box people have to wait until Nov 18. And evry one on this forum knows the other significance of that date

Defiance comes out that day. This kind of sucks----but that by no way means that I want Defiance delayed just to get tham on different days.

moose562
3rd Oct 2003, 19:39
as far as i know, US, asia, Canada run on NTSC and the UK and the rest of europe and everywhere else are on PAL.

I would never buy a game from outside the uk cos i would be too worrie it wouldnt run on my ps2...unless you have yours chipped - but i am way too scared to do anything like that! :)

wait! there will be loads of the comics on eba i bet and maybe forbidden planet might get some OR befriend an american who works in a gameshop who can grab you a copy for free and send it to you! :) ;)

fneh
4th Oct 2003, 11:30
I hear the UK release date of defiance if nov 28th......

as well as Europe, Australia also use PAL so if you import from there or go over there you can bring back the games and run them fine.

star wars or legacy of kain????? I really don't see how anyone could even consider for a moment which one to buy first....:rolleyes: :confused:

PeopleAreFood
4th Oct 2003, 13:52
i pre-orderd my copy of Defiance on september 6th at my local EB store....will i get my comic when i pick it up?

~yours in blood~

Quicksilver
4th Oct 2003, 16:20
(and do you have to have preordered from EB to get the comic? As opposed to amazon or whatever...)

fneh
5th Oct 2003, 10:08
We don't get the comic in the UK.....

The UK never get all these special pre order items. At best you get double reward card points in game (woopdedoo!) or a slight discount from amazon compared to the normal price.

If you want the comic in the UK all I can suggest is to go down to your nearest comic store or forbidden planet's website or something and order it there. I would be doing myself but I can't STAND going in comic shops anymore. The one where I live is full of.....well geeks. They sit there playing their stupid WWF/WWE card games over the counter and ignore customeres that aren't in wih their crowd. Talk about good image eh? If you're a new customer you get ignored.....THIS IS A LOCAL SHOP!!! FOR LOCAL PEOPLE!!!! ARE YOU LOCAL!?:rolleyes:

Omega
5th Oct 2003, 12:39
Originally posted by fneh
THIS IS A LOCAL SHOP!!! FOR LOCAL PEOPLE!!!! ARE YOU LOCAL!?:rolleyes:

lmao! "We'll have no trouble here!" ;)

Yeah, I really hate the fact that we never get anything with our games, pre-ordered or not. Sure, the odd Store (or even Chain of) may offer something, but it's nothing official :(

Umah Bloodomen
5th Oct 2003, 16:45
Local or Loco? :D

That would be *crazy* for those not very fluent in Spanish. ;)

fneh
5th Oct 2003, 17:05
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

local. It's a reference to a BBC comedy program, League of Gentlemen. You Americans wouldn't get it seeing as you probably don't get much british TV.

edit: Krap spelling

fneh
5th Oct 2003, 17:08
Originally posted by Omega
lmao! "We'll have no trouble here!" ;)

Yeah, I really hate the fact that we never get anything with our games, pre-ordered or not. Sure, the odd Store (or even Chain of) may offer something, but it's nothing official :(

don't forget that the original version of soul reaver came with a hologram cover! Those americans lost out that time!

MGS2 had an extra disc too. And Final fantasy X had extra material not in the USA version. Silent hill 2 got a 2 disc version exclusive to us too. We don't get it that bad, we just don't get all these amazing pre-order things you get in the rest of the world.:(

Unholy Messiah
5th Oct 2003, 17:18
I believe that the US Greatist Hits version of Silent Hill 2 is the same as the 2 disc one you guys got... :)

Sayel
5th Oct 2003, 17:38
if they would stick to that date, it would be 7 years and 3 days from then when the original Blood Omen was released.

fneh
5th Oct 2003, 17:40
Originally posted by Unholy Messiah
I believe that the US Greatist Hits version of Silent Hill 2 is the same as the 2 disc one you guys got... :)

did you get the extra DVD with the making of on it and a few other things? I thought the greatest hits version was just the same a the UK platinum version. Just the directors cut version the same as the Xbox one?

Azazel
5th Oct 2003, 21:20
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

Local indeed, but they all are loco as well (the locals that is).

Raz
5th Oct 2003, 22:04
Originally posted by Unholy Messiah

No, the Greatest Hits range is the same as the UK's Platinum range, and the Platinum version of Silent Hill 2 was a port of the XBox version of Silent Hill 2, but without the second "Making of" DVD bundled which with the original version of Silent Hill 2 in Europe... ;)

I find Europe tends to get lil' extras in the game, whereas other areas tend to get goodies bundled with their copy... :)

Umah Bloodomen
6th Oct 2003, 00:43
fneh ~ I was being humorous. I knew you meant local. Well, at least Azazel was kind enough to humor me in return. ;) :p

LoK#1
6th Oct 2003, 11:57
Ok ive pre-ordered the game from the U.S ,my ps2 has a magic chip/modd thingy does anyone know if it will work for sure(im buying the uk xbox version aswell anyway)but if someone could calm my fears and confirm if this would work on my ps2,
All this carry on for some "Special Stuff" someone needs to keep control:D ;)

fneh
6th Oct 2003, 13:36
lok#1....

if the UK version is out on the 28th of november as everyone thinks then you'll probably be get your imported version around the same time anyway. maybe get it a day early.

What magic chip do you have? The magic 2 and above will boot import originals as far as I'm aware. I bought a magic 2 and a magic 3 but I couldn't get them installed :( so they're sat on a shelf gathering dust. I just use a no solder mod and a magic boot disc. It allows me to play imports (apart from soul calibur 2 for some reason, but I have the PAL version anyway) without disabling my ability to put my PS2 online (should I decide to do so anyway.)

If I was in your position (well I am) I'd just wait and buy the normal PAL version. You can probably buy the comic for £2 from your nearest forbidden planet/comic shop if you go in and ask about it..

UMAH: I knew you were making a joke but I guessed you and most others here wouldn't have actually fully understood what I said seeing as most of the ppl here are American. I forgot until I read your post that not everyone knows british TV

pel026
6th Oct 2003, 17:19
If in the U.S. you`ll get it on the 18th, in the u.k. it will be realeased on the 28th. I wonder how much time I have to wait for it since I live in Malta and here things arriave very late.

Maybe I`ll get it by Christmas

Fury
8th Oct 2003, 00:42
Well I was thinking about it and if they release it before Christmas they will sell more Defiance games :D As it would make a great present to get :D :D
But if they wait till next year they may not sell as many :( We LOK fans will buy them anyway :) Well thats what I think anyway :)

Azazel
8th Oct 2003, 11:26
I hope they get it done before Sinterklaas (5 december) (you get presents like with Christmas).

pel026
23rd Oct 2003, 20:32
I`ve just been searching through the net to find any evidence of the offical realese date for the pal version. I know that lot`s a peolpe says that it will be on 28/11 but is that offical?

Omega
23rd Oct 2003, 20:36
Amazon.co.uk say 28th November too...

I'd go with that :)

JGibbs86
23rd Oct 2003, 20:46
I've preordered my copy of Defiance with GAME and it is being released on 28th November. So yes, it is official. Plus gamespy.com say it's release date is the same.

~xxJGibbs86xx~

Dark_Child
23rd Oct 2003, 20:58
And amazon.de says December 31th, but that's Sylvester, so don't believe everything what amazon says.

But December is official.

pel026
23rd Oct 2003, 21:01
Well before posting this thread I`ve searched In Amazon.co.uk and didn`t find anything. Now I understood what an idiot I was because I didn`t use the search button.

So I suppose it is offical.

JGibbs86
24th Oct 2003, 06:33
So from this we can gather that Defiance will be released in the UK on November 28th. And it will be released in Germany in December. Lucky us :)

~xxJGibbs86xx~

fneh
25th Oct 2003, 13:20
November is OFFICIAL for the UK. uk.playstation.com says it's due in november and they only list games they have confirmation on. They don't give an exact date but the 28th is the last friday of november (obviously) so that's the LATEST date you should expect it. For all we know the UK release will be the friday after the USA release (I doubt that though. the 28th seems like a very good estimate. EVERYONE thinks that's the date)

amazon.co.uk - 28th nov
gameplay.com - 28th
computerandvideogames.com - 30th Nov
special reserve - 28th
GAME - 28th
official playstation site - november

I'd love the UK version to come out earlier though. Seeing as there's no offical date (on the official website) yet there's always a chance!

Dark_Child
25th Oct 2003, 13:30
I read that now, too. How mean.:(

But we get the Limited Edition, lucky us:)

They haven't finished the dubbing, yet:(
At the moment we have a heavy discussion about the german voices, i hope they change the Kain Voice. They want to give him his BO2 voice, but we all want the SR1 and 2 voice.

And of course Raziel's SR2 voice, not the SR1 voice (urgh):D

fneh
25th Oct 2003, 13:43
So the german versions have had diff dubs each time? that sucks.
but you DO get to get the SP EDT so I suppose it'll be worth the wait. especially if the UK PC version isn't on DVD.

Dark_Child
25th Oct 2003, 14:00
Why is it so important to have it on DVD?

I'm a console-gamer, I don't know about these things:D

No, the dubb's are not different on each time. In films, the person's got always the same. Like Julia Roberts or Keanu Reeves.
But in videogames it's different. For example, Lara Croft has always the same voice. It's the same voice that Umah has.

In BO1 all Character had voices they had never again.
In SR1 Raziel had a terrible voice (if you have the pal-Version for PS2 you can here it in the german intro of SR1), but Kain's was very good. And Moebius's, too.
In SR2 you find the best dubbing, Kain's voice stayed, just like Moebius', but Raziel got a new one (which is so great!!!).
In BO2 Kain got a new on (german voice of Nicholas Cage), Vorador has it's SR2 voice.

P.S.: I love Razi's SR2 voice, it sounds so cool. It's the german voice of Kevin Bacon. I think it's better than Raziel's original voice (sorry). But I like Kain's original more, I wished you could mix it:)

And so I pray for Raziel's Soul Reaver 2 voice in Defiance.

fneh
25th Oct 2003, 14:13
when I said diff voices each time I meant each game, not each scene. I guess the language barrier screwed that up a bit.

Dark_Child
25th Oct 2003, 14:16
I know, and that's my answer to that. Not in every game are different voices, only sometimes.

Shadow Man
5th Nov 2003, 17:43
I just checked the Game Website (http://www.game.uk.com) for Defiance to see if it had been pushed forward like the U.S. date. But it looks like it was pushed back to the first quarter of 2004 (Q1-2004). Could someone please tell me this isn't true.

Fury
5th Nov 2003, 18:05
Well I am still betting on the 28th Nov 2003, that web site show the Xbox and PS2 released in the first quarter 2004, but the PC one is 28th Nov 2003, Well why release the PC one earlier? (IMO I think allot of people will be buying for the Xbox and PS2 rather than PC)
And most Websites I have seen and Mags I have read are saying the 28th Nov so I am counting on that date being true, and hoping it will be bumped forward a week like the US release date was.

Evelin The Winged
5th Nov 2003, 18:10
*is about to faint* 28th? I have to send my brother another e-mail? 28th?!! I heard someone say the 18th!

Shadow Man
5th Nov 2003, 18:31
Originally posted by Fury
Well I am still betting on the 28th Nov 2003, that web site show the Xbox and PS2 released in the first quarter 2004, but the PC one is 28th Nov 2003, Well why release the PC one earlier? (IMO I think allot of people will be buying for the Xbox and PS2 rather than PC)
And most Websites I have seen and Mags I have read are saying the 28th Nov so I am counting on that date being true, and hoping it will be bumped forward a week like the US release date was.

The PC release date was never released so I think Game only gessed(spelled right?) that it would be the same, and now they probably got official confirmation from Eidos about the PS2 and X-Box versions so only updated those dates and forgot about the PC.

And about the magazines, Game only changed their date lately it was 28th until probably only a few days ago.(After the U.S. date was put forward I think)

fneh
5th Nov 2003, 18:37
the original USA release was the 18th. the PAL release has always been the 28th but nothing is for sure. THe USA release is next wednesday (12th)

I'm getting more impatient by the day and might end up just importing. I'm just not totally sure if I'll be able to play it on my UK PS2. I use a magic boot disc. This didn't work with soul calibur 2 and I had to go through a lot of trouble to get it to work until the UK ones came out. If defiance ran OK I'd get the USA one until I could get the UK one (this is assuming it's delayed to 04)

There's no way I'm willing to wait till after christmas for this game

Raz
5th Nov 2003, 18:43
Well, I work in a videogame store (not Game!) and we've been told it's going to be released in the UK on November 28th.

So far this is the only "official" release date that we've had, though it is subject to change... :p

Dark_Child
5th Nov 2003, 19:09
the rest of europe gets it at december 15th

Shadow Man
6th Nov 2003, 19:07
Originally posted by Dark_Child
the rest of europe gets it at december 15th

Where did you learn that?

HolyMoses
6th Nov 2003, 19:28
For all you people in Europe and UK, my heart goes out to you. It's unfair how everything gets brought to America first. Movies, Games, etc. Let's just hope your American bretheren don't gloat.

6 MORE DAYS To Go!!!!
(sorry, couldn't help)

Dark_Child
6th Nov 2003, 19:48
Originally posted by Shadow Man
Where did you learn that?

Every German Game shop tells it, but it comes in December, that's official.

Shadow Man
6th Nov 2003, 20:16
I just got the latest Game gudie and it seems that Defiance isn't the only game they say is coming out later than expected, they say the Half-Life 2 is coming out in Winter 2004. So far all I've heard is that it's coming out after Christmas. So there are two plausible explanations: 1. Game just got a few release dates wrong because htese games are usually put back anyway, or: 2. They have the most up to date, official news, which is more acurate than any other source.

Omega
6th Nov 2003, 20:27
Man, I really hope not :(

Embla
6th Nov 2003, 20:46
On the German section of the official site it says it will be out in December 2003.
http://www.eidos.de/gss/legacy/legacyofkain/main.html

When I preordered here in Norway, the guy in the videogamestore said it would be out 28. November.
I think the releasedate here will be the same as in England. But the German release date really makes me wonder if all of Europe have to wait until December aswell.

Omega
7th Nov 2003, 00:58
Originally posted by Fury

Go to Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009QI5R/nornworld-21). Look.

Febuary! Next year!

I'm praying to the Eternal Mother this is just, one, big, huge typo. I can't really imagine Eidos letting one half of the world have it months earlier than the other.

OugaBooga
7th Nov 2003, 01:39
you KNOW i COULDn't GIVE a crap anymore,I'am SICK of the conspiracies.ALL these GAMES OVER THE LAST yr have been delayed,delayed DELAYED DEELAAAAAYYYYEEDDDDDDDDDDD.
I'ts bloody SICKENING:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
IS it worth it in the END? BAH,i doubt it,most will JUST be average lookking by then cause so many newer games WILL copy them & or LOOK JUST AS GOOD. HL2= OVERATED DOOM 3=OVERRATED by the time they're released
:mad: :mad:
by they way,this anger isn't toward defiance,just that quote with winter 2k4 date for HL2
I HOPE this isn't gonna be the case with defiance

Azriel
7th Nov 2003, 01:48
Originally posted by Omega
Go to Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009QI5R/nornworld-21). Look.

Febuary! Next year!

I'm praying to the Eternal Mother this is just, one, big, huge typo. I can't really imagine Eidos letting one half of the world have it months earlier than the other.

I can. A number of games are released in Japan up to a year earlier than the US release.

At any rate, I might not get Defiance until the 24th of this month, as I'm trying to get an X-Box first(yes, this game has finally driven me to break my anti-X-Box code). Though I might break down and get it for the PS2.

Good luck to all the Europeans though, I hope Eidos doesn't make you guys wait too long. :p

Umah Bloodomen
7th Nov 2003, 04:49
OugaBooga ~ If you can't watch your language, please refrain from posting.

Thanks.

jesta
8th Nov 2003, 00:37
In the end tho i cant see it coming out on PC before the consoles,
Tho that would be poetic irony since i just got myself an XBox:D
whatever hapens i just hope i have the willpower to stay away form here after wenesday 12th (lucky Americans :p) to stop myself from reading spoilers just hope the wait isent to long because i dont have much willpower:D :p

Baby_drew
8th Nov 2003, 21:00
According to GAME and AMAZON.co.uk the release date is 6th of Febuary for the uk.

You know for once i thought that we might not have any delays, but im not suprised to see once again that game companies are really are just a bunch of amateurs.

If games are ever going to be taken seriously and truly enter the mainstream this type of rubbish has to end.

Could you imagine a film being delayed by nearly 3 months a couple of weeks before it was released?

ali_turk
8th Nov 2003, 21:07
please help me!!:( :( :(

Tesla
8th Nov 2003, 21:08
READ the forum. Chris is going to get an official PAL release date on MONDAY.

ali_turk
8th Nov 2003, 21:09
in my country they don't know it!!

Matthew Danvers
8th Nov 2003, 21:24
Hi there, mate. :)

Actually, no one knows here either. Not for Belgium, not for Estonia, not for Finland, not for the UK, not for France and not for Germany or any other European country for that matter, because there has not been any official word on the PAL Europe release date, whatsoever.

Hang out at least till Monday, the coming week, for on that day Chris said he would probably get the information on the PAL release date for Europe. I don't know if he will get one for Belgium, but it's pretty sure that it will be released first in the UK, so you'll roughly know when to expect it. :)

- Matt

ali_turk
8th Nov 2003, 21:29
thx Matthew!!!:)

Matthew Danvers
8th Nov 2003, 21:34
Hey, no problem, man. :)

You're very welcome.

Just be here on Monday, many of us are all eagerly anticipating the PAL release date. :)

- Matt

ali_turk
8th Nov 2003, 21:39
ok!;) i wil check the forums monday! ooh and i hope 12th november defiance is out in europe!!ceause i can't wait man!!:(

Tesla
8th Nov 2003, 21:41
Originally posted by ali_turk
ok!;) i wil check the forums monday! ooh and i hope 12th november defiance is out in europe!!ceause i can't wait man!!:(

well we definitely know it's not the 12th :/. the 12th is the release date for the USA.

Matthew Danvers
8th Nov 2003, 21:44
Originally posted by Tesla
well we definitely know it's not the 12th :/. the 12th is the release date for the USA.

CD might just surprise us with a global release, but yeah, let's not get our hopes up, otherwise we'll be disappointed.

- Matt

Tesla
8th Nov 2003, 21:47
Originally posted by Matthew Danvers
CD might just surprise us with a global release, but yeah, let's not get our hopes up, otherwise we'll be disappointed.

- Matt

i think it would take an act of god to announce the release date on monday and ship it on tuesday ;)

that might has .000001% chance ;)

Matthew Danvers
8th Nov 2003, 21:54
that might has .000001% chance ;)

Yes, I am quite aware of that.

Well, I do hope it's a matter of a week or two, hopefully not more.

- Matt

Tesla
8th Nov 2003, 21:59
Yes, I am quite aware of that.

Well, I do hope it's a matter of a week or two, hopefully not more.

- Matt

Everytime I see your sig I keep thinking you must have something to do with PA. Are you a staffer there or a forum member or something? Or you just liked that comic?

Matthew Danvers
8th Nov 2003, 22:08
I have lingered and lurked around in their AC, but the people there can be sometimes very rude and tend to use harsh language.
Yes, I like PA very much, except all the cursewords and bad language. Mike is one of my favourite comic artists, too. It's just too bad that they think that cursing is one thing that makes a comic good and funny.

- Matt

Tesla
8th Nov 2003, 22:12
I have lingered and lurked around in their AC, but the people there can be sometimes very rude and tend to use harsh language.
Yes, I like PA very much, except all the cursewords and bad language. Mike is one of my favourite comic artists, too. It's just too bad that they think that cursing is one thing that makes a comic good and funny.

- Matt

Those communities are the most fun ;)

The one I come from is probably harsher than PA, but it's so much fun :D . Cursing and offensive/rude behavior doesn't bother me at all anymore. One of the good things of a harsh community is it only makes you stronger :) .

Matthew Danvers
8th Nov 2003, 22:16
Those communities are the most fun ;)

The one I come from is probably harsher than PA, but it's so much fun :D . Cursing and offensive/rude behavior doesn't bother me at all anymore. One of the good things of a harsh community is it only makes you stronger :) .

Here's where I strongly disagree with you.

It does make you stronger, but in the utmostly wrong place. Anyway, I won't go further than this, because it does go very deep.

- Matt

Umah Bloodomen
9th Nov 2003, 04:08
Merged a lot of threads regarding the PAL version release dates (for Euro players).

Be sure to keep tabs on this thread as Chris will post a response on Monday. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26628)

Stephenls
9th Nov 2003, 04:34

Sums up my views nicely. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2001/20010305l.gif) The vast majority of humor springs from the justaposition of two disharmonious concepts. Swearing is often viewed as vulgar, and so placing it in situations where the presence of vulgarity is absurd produces humor.

More simply, in the right context, dirty words is funny. This is different from situations where swearing is intentionally used to injur others verbally, but in those cases it's not the words themselves that are bad; it's the intent to harm that's bad.

I really don't understand people who dislike swear words just because they're swear words. Perhaps you could explain? It seems irrational.

Matthew Danvers
9th Nov 2003, 09:09
And I absolutely do not understand people who don't mind cursewords, swearing or harsh language. I really don't. Yes, I do not like them, because of what they are. I can't imagine anyone thinking of cursing as humour. And I also think that it is immature to use it.

There are oh so many more funnier comics out there which don't use cursing whatsoever and are way much more funnier than PA. PA would still be funny without their harsh language. Only kids tend to laugh out loud at cursewords.

And yes, I am familiar with that particular strip and it did cross my mind that someone would post it... but then I thought that no one would be silly enough to do it... and what do you know... :rolleyes:

-sigh-

Anyway, this has already gotten too far from the topic, so let's drop it. I am happy that our community is a very peaceful one, very mature and let's keep it this way, okay?

Cheers! :)

- Matt

Stephenls
9th Nov 2003, 09:19
I can't imagine anyone thinking of cursing as humour.

That's an odd choice of phrase. You can't imagine something that's proverbially standing right in front of you? That reminds me somewhat of the joke where the old man goes to the zoo and, upon seeing the elephant in its pen, exclaims loudly "There ain't no such animal."

And I also think that it is immature to use it.

Because being angered by arbitrary combinations of syllables is so much more mature, yes.

PA would still be funny without their harsh language. Only kids tend to laugh out loud at cursewords.

It's not the swearing itself that's funny. I'm the first person to decry a comic if it's just swear words. What's funny is the way PA uses them. Similarly, when someone uses them in a hurtful manner, it's not the words that are hurtful.

And yes, I am familiar with that particular strip and it did cross my mind that someone would post it... but then I thought that no one would be silly enough to do it... and what do you know... :rolleyes:

Well, I do strive to be as silly as possible most of the time.

Anyway, this has already gotten too far from the topic, so let's drop it. I am happy that our community is a very peaceful one, very mature and let's keep it this way, okay?

I'm in agreement that swearing isn't appropriate here, since it seems to upset many people.

You know, other people use arguments similar to yours with regards to how video games shouldn't have violence. It's just wrong, you see.

fneh
9th Nov 2003, 13:34
heh. I saw this thread and thought it's a new thread with like 4 pages of replies since I left last night.....and on top of that I MADE It!?

talk about confusing eh? Course I see it's title changed (quite appropriately too. It went fomr stating abot the USA release to ranting about the PAL one)
anyway. There's a 0% chance of a world release. UK games are only ever released on fridays. The only game to EVER come out on a wednesday was silent hill 2 (which got released 2 days early with no announcement. It just appeared in shops)

Umah Bloodomen
9th Nov 2003, 19:48
Originally posted by fneh
heh. I saw this thread and thought it's a new thread with like 4 pages of replies since I left last night.....and on top of that I MADE It!?

The posts that I merged took their respective places in this particular thread. The older ones being near the top (thus altering the title) and the new ones at the end.

There was some concern regarding repetitive threads, so the decision to merge them was made.