PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen 1 Remake Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Lady Minerva
13th Jul 2002, 19:09
Originally for Chris@Crystal, but everyone else can read, too:

Thanks for your time, offering advice with my Movement dilemma; I guess, however, I'm still stuck, just tap-tap-tapping the forward button -- and try to be careful not to fall into the drink when setting up a leap.

But that's not what on my mind right now -- and forgive the PM, but I want to make sure you see this:

To keep things simple, you guys should do a remake of BO1.

Why? Two reasons:

1) The original does not look, visually, like a part of the who rest of the BO/SR series. It looks like some crummy, little DOS program that's trying to be something it's not (this is all aesthetically speaking; I'm not attacking the storyline, just the way it's visually presented). Anyway, it just doesn't look like it fits in with the great presentation of the rest of the joint series. And I've heard a lot of other people complain about how bad it looks and wish that it could be remade to look as good as the resend BO2 (which, along with SR2) is, presentation-wise, the best.

2) It is darned well near impossible to find BO1 anyway. I know, I've looked. Nothing. The original seems to have become an extinct rare item.

So, please, for all us paying fans of the LoK series out there, get your people to remake BO1 so that it looks like it fits and so that we fans can actually find it.

Thanks.

NosgothicGod
13th Jul 2002, 19:14
well i second that i too would love a remake for BO1 it deserves it.

Azuriel
13th Jul 2002, 19:47
bad news then.

the BO1 remake a team including myself were doing has recently died due to the tools we were using (the Aurora editor delivered with the game Neverwinter Nights). these tools allow no custom models, sounds, movies, or tilesets, which makes it impossible to do.

sorry..

Lady Minerva
13th Jul 2002, 20:14
That doesn't make any particular sense. What's so hard about making a new BO game, using today's technology, but following the the orignal's script? Just do what you've done with BO2, only use BO1's script? Is this such a problem ... ?

blincoln
13th Jul 2002, 20:46
Lady Minerva, I think you're addressing two seperate people here.
Azuriel is a fellow fan of the series, and he and some other people were going to remake the game using the tools that come with NWN. I would personally recommend something that has a more versatile editor, like Baldur's Gate or whatever.
OTOH, your original post was directed to Crystal Dynamics. They get asked this question a lot, and their answer has always been that they'd rather move forward with new games in the series rather than remake old ones. People who ask about a "special edition" of Soul Reaver with the original ending get the same answer =).
Another part of the issue here is the sheer size of BO1. IMO it would take on the order of 4-6 years to remake in 3D. That would cost a *ton* of money, more than would be justified for a remake (at least at this time).
Personally, I love the original game. The graphics are a bit dated, but it's still a lot of fun to play.

KainSyndrome101
13th Jul 2002, 21:39
Man, if I hear one more complaint about BO1, I'll explode.

The game was made in freaking 1996!!!

And, whenever I go to a game store, I always see it for sale. Of course, it's used.

dago
13th Jul 2002, 22:10
which game stores are these???
i want it, but i cant find it here in this crummy country!!!!!!

darien_specter
13th Jul 2002, 23:06
Hell, I'm in the US, and I can't find it anywhere, either. And believe me, I've looked...

I'd just be content with a second publishing run. Sure, it would be great to see it in 3D (that's what the defunct project was for :() but it would make my day just to be able to buy it. I can't understand why games go out of print so fast, anyway... Plenty of books published in 1996 are still printed, and givent he popularity of the new games, it really surprises me that no one has figured they could make a few bucks selling BO again at 20 bucks a pop or something... Eidos needs to get it's head out of... the sand and realize some marketing potentials here...

blincoln
14th Jul 2002, 02:04
Well, there are a couple of problems with a reissue too:

- The game *does* look very dated. Most people who see it on the shelf are not going to buy it.

- The original Blood Omen wasn't published by Eidos, but by Activision. It's possible that they still own the distribution rights, and they don't have any reason to reissue it since they'd just be helping one of their competitors make money from the newer games.

darien_specter
14th Jul 2002, 02:07
Hmmm... good point about the licensing thing. As for shelf life, they could at least make it available for ordering... for instance, you can't even order the original Thief from Eidos anymore...

KainSyndrome101
14th Jul 2002, 04:19
Well, I live in North Carolina.

Perhaps in NC we get more copies?

Whenever I go to Babbages, Funcoland or Electronics Boutique, there's always at least one used copy in stock.

What's strange though, is that they really started to pop up just after the release of Soul Reaver 2. After that I could always find one. Of course, I've bought a copy myself(duh).

blincoln
14th Jul 2002, 04:44
It would be easy for me to get a copy, if I didn't already have two =). Ebay is good, so is gamestop, and I see the PC version used at EBX every so often.

darien_specter: I'm sure if they had any copies left they'd probably do direct orders. The problem is almost certainly that it's just not profitable to reprint in order to do so. Most people don't buy games that are more than a few years old (unlike books) - that's why you can get stuff from a year or two ago for super cheap at most stores. Lady Minerva's original post in this thread is a good illustration of why: generally, consumers are not interested in buying something that looks dated. Thief, the original Blood Omen, etc., all show their age, even if they're great games.

Stone Cold
16th Jul 2002, 09:01
I think that remaking BO1 would be a bad idea for a number of reasons.

1. We already know how the storyline goes, so plotwise, there would be very few spurpises.

2. Because of this, the amount of time that goes into this remake would be better spend by making a whole new game in the LoK series.

3. What's wrong with the original anyway ? So what if it looks dated. Let's not forget, it was the technology these days, and 3D gaming was still gaining momentum.
Fact of the matter is, BO1 is a fantastic game as it is right now, so why remake it ?

Azazel005
16th Jul 2002, 13:09
Using the Aurora I will, make something of a remake, in time. It cant be done at them moment but Im certain in time Aurora will become more flexible.

Blinc mentioned Baldurs Gates Infinity engine, which is very powerful but clearly it took campaign makers quite some time to build some of the more original creations made with that toolset, NWN will be the same.

I will have something rest assured of that, just dont expect by the end of the week.

Binky
16th Jul 2002, 13:27
Well, I have a reason - and only one reason - why the original should be remade (I like it the way it is). That is: I found it quite hard to actually make the game to run! I had a bit of problems making it run on my usual computer and eventually I actually dug out an older, slower one from my basement and played the game on it. :)

I don't care if a game looks dated, but not being able to play it is a difficult thing to bear...

blincoln
16th Jul 2002, 15:56
That's why I recommend people with 2k/XP just pick up the Playstation version and run it under ePSXe or another emulator.

keepittrue
16th Jul 2002, 20:41
Darien Spec, if you are ever in St. Louis (where I live) then I can give you a copy, I also have 2 copies of BO1 and Babbages and Funcoland seem to always have them but just email me if you ever go to St. Louis.

Lady Minerva
16th Jul 2002, 21:44
Originally posted by keepittrue
Darien Spec, if you are ever in St. Louis (where I live) then I can give you a copy, I also have 2 copies of BO1 and Babbages and Funcoland seem to always have them but just email me if you ever go to St. Louis.

Could you mail me one ... ? :D

darien_specter
16th Jul 2002, 22:23
keepittrue, that is fantastic! I will indeed be in St. Louis in the near future; I'm coming up to see Camelot at the Muny, if nothing else. I will certainly be in touch... :D

E5I5O
16th Jul 2002, 23:36
It's so ironic that blood omen 1 is taking me longer to finish than the other three legacy of kain games combined. I finally found the blood fountain that enhances kain's strength and allowed me to move the gray boulders. I was on my way to vorodor's mansion but I took a detour. Using mist I crossed a wide stream and discovered an area where I found the fire sword and other goodies. I too wish they would remake the game but you have to remember that blood omen 1 is much more elaborate geographically than sr1, sr2 or bo2, as a result, this project would take a lot of time. When Capcom remade Resident Evil for Nintendo's Gamecube they didn't just enhance the graphics, they changed about 70% of the puzzles. What's to be expected if blood omen 1 developers were asked to remake their game? What would be changed besides 2D settings, slow loading times and graphics?

keepittrue
17th Jul 2002, 00:34
Cool, just give me a shout when you get here.

Lady M I may be able to but I prefer giving it.

warpsavant
17th Jul 2002, 03:38
I hope they never remake the game, I want to play new games not remade old ones. Not even remade with different puzzles. it you change the puzzles and make it 3-d it wouldnt even be a remake IMO, it'd be a completely differet game.

Lady Minerva
17th Jul 2002, 05:44
I hear that, ... but I am sort of out of options.

Lady Minerva
17th Jul 2002, 12:43
Why not? They should do it for the story alone, then, even if they have to alter the puzzles. Especially when you consider how hard the original is to find ...

blincoln
17th Jul 2002, 15:21
The original is easy to find =). Look on eBay, it shows up all of the time.
When the entire story is told, then it might be cool if a few remakes were done, but that is very far in the future anyway.

darien_specter
17th Jul 2002, 18:13
Didn't we just have this conversation?...

blincoln
18th Jul 2002, 05:33
Quick, make sure the exits haven't all been bricked over =).

darien_specter
18th Jul 2002, 07:29
***finds bricked-over doorway***

**pause**

Whoa.

Epsillion
18th Jul 2002, 08:21
Noone can tell you what the matrix is

Darakari
24th Jul 2002, 21:28
I too want to see BO1 remade into a 3D game.

With the huge number of LOK fans, a BO1 remake is sure to sell.

I just don't want them to change anything about the game itself. The game needs to be kept exactly the way it currently is. The only thing they need to change is to turn everything into 3D, instead of the current 2D setting.

A 3D version of BO1 would be totally awesome.

Azuriel
24th Jul 2002, 21:35
Originally posted by Darakari

With the huge number of LOK fans, a BO1 remake is sure to sell.

unless a new Tomb Raider game is released..... marketing!! (this is what killed Startopia.. too bad)

blincoln
25th Jul 2002, 01:11
A remake of SR1 with incredible graphics, optimized for next-generation consoles and with the full original gameplay and ending would also sell very well, but CrystalD has chosen to make new games in the series instead =). While I would love to see an SR1 or BO1 remake, I want to see them make new games too. Chris can raise zombie playtesters from the grave, but he can't make an entire production team or two to augment the ones they've got, so they have to pick and choose their projects.

Umah Bloodomen
25th Jul 2002, 01:17
Did I mention I'd work on it for free? :p

blincoln
25th Jul 2002, 05:47
I'd work on it for free if my head wasn't jammed full of Win2k, SMS, point-of-sale, and cross-platform batch job scheduling software right now from work.
That's also the main reason I haven't updated my site for awhile. The space normally used for planning the new sections is occupied with which accounts we've tried giving the "Act as part of the operating system," "increase quotas," "logon as a batch job," and "replace a process-level token" permissions in an attempt to get this one software package working.

Baby_drew
25th Jul 2002, 15:04
id like to see a BO1 remake I know they want to move forward but BO1 is so old that few people can bare to play it. I know i only got half way. I think it could work. I knwo the original was really long but a lot of it wasnt relevant so just cut it :-D

Umah Bloodomen
25th Jul 2002, 18:42
Originally posted by Baby_drew
id like to see a BO1 remake I know they want to move forward but BO1 is so old that few people can bare to play it. I know i only got half way. I think it could work. I knwo the original was really long but a lot of it wasnt relevant so just cut it :-D

What exactly wasn't relavant in BO1? It is (afterall) resposible for bringing us all together here. :p ;)

<sarcasm> Oh right, I know, that part where the nobleman is assassinated outside of the tavern, sure that could be cut. And we can get rid of the whiny ghost at the Pillars. I don't think that the mansion or Willendorf are really all that necessary. I mean what does Elzevir have to do with the plotline anyway? I think we could also get rid of the long and tedious journey to hunt down each Pillar guardian one by one and the little side quests for getting the highest prestige ranking possible. </sarcasm>:rolleyes: :p ;)

But seriously, Baby Drew (I'm just giving you a hard time btw, for humors sake) what part(s) do you not think were relevant? You've definately sparked my curiosities now. ;) :p

CyberFish
25th Jul 2002, 20:32
Yes, I'd love to see a Blood Omen remake. Not necessarily a complete reconstruction of the entire game, all that is really needed is a graphics upgrade and a few compatibility fixes. Be nice to have the ingame movies redone with modern technology, too, so that they match the standard of the later games.

Baby_drew
27th Jul 2002, 14:34
well if your intrested umah I didnt mean cut elements of the story I meant the game playing through blood omen there are miles and miles of needless walking about cut this down and you would have a game that could be remade so there :-P

CyberFish
27th Jul 2002, 20:49
"So there"? How childish is it possible to be? I sincerely hope you were being ironic.

Umah Bloodomen
27th Jul 2002, 23:21
Originally posted by Baby_drew
well if your intrested umah I didnt mean cut elements of the story I meant the game playing through blood omen there are miles and miles of needless walking about cut this down and you would have a game that could be remade so there :-P

Well I think that a lot of the walking was already compensated for with the installation of the Bat Beacons. (Which Kain uses to fly from place to place). These made most of Nosgoth easily accessible. Sure there was still some walking to do. The villages were a bit more indepth than the villages we've seen in the latter games. Perhaps it was just me who didn't really mind the walking that I did do, because the gameplay action and the storyline made it well worth it to me.

(BO1 Remains my favorite of the series).

Baby_drew
28th Jul 2002, 10:08
TO CYBERFISH: hello 'baby' drew?

TO UMAH:Well Id remove the whole bat/wolf rubbish I dont feel they fit in with the feel of the rest of the series. I would like to see an approach more similar to the dark gifts in blood omen 2 with wolf being replaced with jump and bat being replaced with teleport something along that lines.

I think you possibly take this a bit to seriously people theres no point re-making the game if your going to make it exactly the same!!!! personally I think blood omen 1 is by far the weakest in the series and needs to be re-worked to work with the rest

blincoln
28th Jul 2002, 10:55
I disagree.
If Blood Omen were to be remade (which isn't going to happen anyway), it should be as true to the original as possible while still having updated graphics.
BO is the favourite game in the series of *many* of the fans, and changing core aspects of the game would just alienate them. I like SR best, and I would be equally disappointed if it got remade to make it "better," other than updating the graphics/putting in the original ending.
Reworking old material to fit better with people's changing tastes is a waste of time that could be better spent on new things.

- Ben "Greedo did not shoot first" Lincoln

Azazel005
29th Jul 2002, 11:48
I loved all the walking in Blood Omen, The game was geographically huge. I hate the fact that I can walk from one end of the SR2 world to the other in about 20 mins.

I loved strolling through Nosgoth, descending upon cities in darkness laying waste to its innocent civilians to restore my tainted unlife, Um we're was I?

Oh yeah replacing Wolf and Bat Form? I say bring em back. I used to lead as many nemisis guards to one spot till I could barely move, only to escape under a hail of Leather wings.

Wow that was a great game, a great great game.

blincoln
29th Jul 2002, 15:45
Yes it was =). Just to be clear, though, I don't think the wolf and bat forms belong in *future* games.

L_Master562
29th Jul 2002, 19:07
be in the future games. It would be great if they were, but in the Sr part of the series, we see Kain holding quite a bit back so we won't see much there. I would like in Bo3 new abilities though instead of falling back onto all the old ones because the new powers just give a game the feel that it isn't just rehashed. As long as the core abilities that are needed remain though. I wonder what powers the Sr time Kain has we haven't seen. It would be interesting to see while seeing or controling the Sr Kain in a fight. He would likely have just so many though. I'm back for the time being. Vacation is over, but I have another in a couple weeks.

I too loved just exploring in Bo1. it was fun. In the towns in Bo1, I didn't kill beyond what I needed at first. When I went back to the past to fight the Nemesis before he was though, I just tore apart everything because of what they were to do in the future.

Ranmyaku
29th Jul 2002, 21:42
The exploration was the best part! It gave me something to do when I stuck. Hell, that's what I did most of the time when I wasn't able to continue. I explored every nook and cranny I could get into in the area. :D

Well, if it is necessary, I'd like to see the Bat form make one more appearence. If not, then I'm content with the mist form being used. ^_^

Bayne
30th Jul 2002, 01:25
Personally I really want to see wolf and bat form return.
As for blood omen 1, I'd love to see the graphics updated but keep the 2d gameplay just add 3d graphics if you must. Oh and redone cutscenes could be good too, but everything should just be improved in detail and resolution etc.
How about an Eidos approved fan remake? It could be added as a bonus with the next BO game.

Failling all that, how about a nice big cinematic explaining BO1 added to BO3 (it'd have to be pretty big though. Frankly, I think a re-graphiced version of the game might be cheaper and easier)

willow
30th Jul 2002, 02:07
I think the feel for the game has changed too much to incorporate a wolf and bat form now.... given it would be a cool gameplay element to have a feral lupine form but... aren't vampires suppose to be nimble all on their own? As it would be cool... I don't think it would add that much to gameplay and would really kind of feel awkward in what the continuity has evolved into.

side note: given the hypothetical that a remake is done... I would also want it to be as faithful to the original as possible (sort of like the remake of Reisident Evil... it's true to the original... but adds to elements... and made it hella prettier).

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 04:43
As I've said before in other threads, the Wolf and Bat forms are in BO1 for very specific reasons that don't apply in a full 3D game.
You need to be able to transform into a Wolf to jump. If you couldn't jump in a 3D game, it wouldn't sell. If jumping were so rare that you have to go through a five-second transformation every time you wanted to do it, it wouldn't sell.
The Bat form is there so you can use the Bat Beacons. IMO there will never be another BO game that is so big *and* non-linear that this would be useful.
Bayne: I agree about keeping the 2D play-style. When I think Hypothetical Blood Omen Remake, I think of the old Target Quake mod for Quake that turned it into a side-scrolling shooter with a 3D engine. It looked *really* nice.
There were some fans who were going to do a remake, but the project collapsed after they discovered that the engine they were using (NWN) didn't support enough features to make it worthwhile. There are several people going it alone with that engine and others, but IMO it would take a full production team something like five or six years to remake BO in 3D because the game world is so huge.

Baby_drew
30th Jul 2002, 13:35
hence they should cut the crap and do a shortened version:-D im sorry guys I know you like/love blood omen but i just thought it was dogs poo. I hate all the vampires turn into bats and wolfs rubbish I like the modern style of soul reaver that takes a more contempary approch. Personally I also think this is more sellable.

In all honesty i too doubt that they will ever re-make BO but the idea of a little movie I think it is a fab idea that should come with the next soul reaver and blood omen. Bassically a collection of FMV's and in game footage from all the previous games, a bit like Wesker's report that came with Resident evil code veronica X. That way newbies could get the whole story without having to play through a game which many cant stand!!!!!!! (me included)

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 15:24
"many" would be an overstatement, I think.

Baby_drew
30th Jul 2002, 16:23
I think most people that started to enjoy the series from soul reaver wouldnt be intrested in playing BO in its present form except for the story

darien_specter
30th Jul 2002, 16:41
As someone who started from Soul Reaver... I'm afraid I have to agree with Drew here. **ducks to avoid various biscuit-related projectiles** My biggest interest in BO is in seeing the movies, which is part of why I haven't got it yet: I'm not willing to pay the usually $25+ that copies get to on eBay jusy for that... I'm sure that, if I'd got it when it came out, I'd have loved the gameplay; but after especially SR2, though it was fairly enjoyable, it's a little frustrating at times (like when Kain's not lined up with his enemy quite right, and can't hit him to save his life; or when someone is following Kain so closely that he can't hit him... little things like that). Sorry guys...

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 18:32
Well, *I* started the series with SR, and I still love Blood Omen. I believe Warp falls into the same category.

L_Master562
30th Jul 2002, 20:02
If there ever was a set of cinema and in-game scenes pieced together, I sure as HELL would not like it to be like Wesker's report 1. That was the worst piece of garbage I ever saw. The basic idea was good, though they messed up by puttinin wrong scene after wrong scene together mixing together two seperate stories of both Re1 and 2 in a way that they made no sence.

Now, Wesker's Report 2 is a masterpiece that had a beauty all its own. It may have been text, but it would have taken more than the 5 minutes that the first took to compile scenes. It had the full effort put into it that was put into the REmake. This is the same sentiment that the majority of the intellectuals at the gamefaqs boards would themselves carry. There may be a great deal of idiocy there, but the intellectual topics get quite deap into the story and are quite analitical to both the story and science of RE.

I am a big RE fan, yes, among other things that vary vastly. I want Re 0 now. Sure. Something along the same lines as the Wesker's Report would be an excellent idea. It would be best to be sort of a timeline with pictures and footage. Since there is no "multiple scenerios" to the Sr series, it would work better than Wesker's report unless there were horrendus mistakes to it or someone put the wrong footage with the dialouge to it like in Wesker's Report.

I am one of the few who can seriously say they started getting into the LoK series with Bo1. I've had it since the beggining. I need to check again, but the mall in my hometown still had copies of Bo1 for $5.

Mordred
30th Jul 2002, 20:23
IMO BO1 does not need a remake, it was a great game (best of them all IMO) GFX may not be that great now but it is old, but its not like its that bad u cant play it for god sake.

As for if they did remake it, make it smaller, whats the point in making a game u finish in a couple of hours, BO1 did not take that long to finish, probably less than your average RPG, and after all it was a action RPG.

i could be wrong here, but to me it just seems like some people got into LOK around SR1 or after and thought they would try BO1 but because its old and looks dated and it's not like SR they want a remake.

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 20:42
I believe you are correct, Mordred.

L_Master562
30th Jul 2002, 23:11
Mordred. I'm happy with the Bo1 I got when it first came out. What Mordred said is something I've said in the past. It is the best game IMO too considering it was great and started all of LoK. Sure, a remade version that looks better would be great, but only with the full amount of stuff the original game had. I explored all of Bo1, and it wasn't a couple hours to beat. If you try to just zoom through, it would be stressing maybe. If you just bat fly to the next place skipping most of the game besides boss dungeons, sure. I got all 100 secrets or whatever because I wanted to conquor the games and finding all of them on my own took a while because I didn't find the lost city for a while.

Baby_drew
31st Jul 2002, 09:53
well to be honest i do basically agree.....they'll never re-do it even though I think a cut down version woudl be fab :(

on the other hand I DO really think that a wesker's report style mini movie would be a really positive move for the series. that would allow people who dont like BO to see the story without having to hunt down an old copy of a dated game :p

*throws biscuit pieces*

(just kidding people ;))

L_Master562
31st Jul 2002, 18:30
into his mouth. Yum. It would be cool to see a Wesker's Report type thing, but with constantly designing a game, I'd say they would go with a Wesker's Report 2 text type thing. Either way I would enjoy it. It would be a cool extra for beating the next game if it came with a movie showing us the past and text explaining everything that happened in more detail and explaining the reasons for each event. It would solve some mysteries that way.

blincoln
31st Jul 2002, 19:22
I vote for a Peter Cullen voiceover that summarizes the events of previous games =).

Sue in UK
31st Jul 2002, 19:32
<<I think most people that started to enjoy the series from soul reaver wouldnt be intrested in playing BO in its present form except for the story>>

Well I actually played SR2 before anything else, then got SR1. Decided to keep in with everything and bought BO1. First time I loaded it into the PS I thought "Oh my god! I paid more for this than SR2 and SR1 put together and it sucks!"

All those little 2D squares etc, seemed dark as hell and I couldn't see much. But I'd paid for it so I was going to stick it through so I carried on (still am LOL!) and I love it. There's so many places to explore (like others have said) and so many cool spells and weapons to use. Once I'd got past the "this doesn't play same as SR" syndrome I was fine.

blincoln
31st Jul 2002, 21:17
Every time I pop BO1 in, for the first five minutes I think "wow, these graphics are more dated than I remember." Then everything clicks into place and I'm totally absorbed.

Non-existent
31st Jul 2002, 22:50
BO1 remake would be nice. All I have now is the PC version, not so bad several years ago when my comp was slow, but now... having the game go into slow-mo then into super fast forward at varying times makes the game near unplayable (accelerating to Ludicrous speed when surrounded by spike traps while on ice is bad).

Of course, if they redid it it would be nice to see more from bit characters like Ottmar, William, the Beggar, and of course the All-Mighty Elzevir.

Baby_drew
1st Aug 2002, 10:22
TO Blincon: come on the voice over would have to be from Kain :-)

TO Sue: I here what your saying but i cant help but dislike this game so Kains report roll-on!!!

Im glad people like the idea Ive been recording some of the FMVs to tape so I can make my own example wesker's report stlye thingy :-D

Sue in UK
1st Aug 2002, 11:32
No prob :) It's as well we all like different things anyways - it took a lot of effort on my part to continue with BO1 at first - esp. as I've got Silent Hill waiting ...

Just noticed where you're from - I was born in Edgware and grew up in Harrow ...

Baby_drew
1st Aug 2002, 22:05
Hi sue i know harrow its where im going to university isnt the world small!!!

Sue in UK
2nd Aug 2002, 06:51
It is indeed :)
I spent many years in Harrow - growing up and then working there awhile before moving on to London to work.

I live and work (at Oxford Uni) in Oxford now

Am off to Yorkshire in approx 1/2 hour so grabbing my last chance at the computer (internet anyway) for a week so I'll be missing awhile.

:)

Friendly_Fire
12th Sep 2002, 13:05
Impove sound clips and video stuff like that.

Tell me what ya think.

Friendly_Fire_

Friendly_Fire
12th Sep 2002, 13:13
There would be no point in typeing here would there I mean I said what I wanted to up there

Friendly_Fire_

Lady Kreliana
12th Sep 2002, 14:46
This has been discussed numerous times. Most people agree with you and would like to see a remake of BO1. :)

Umah Bloodomen
12th Sep 2002, 15:05
It has already been stated by Chris that the series is to move forward, not focus on the past.

I am sure when all is said and done, and the series ends, that a BO remake could be considered.

I actually still like the game the way it is.

PS -The EDIT feature often helps from time to time. :p

Lady Kreliana
12th Sep 2002, 15:27
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

I actually still like the game the way it is.

PS -The EDIT feature often helps from time to time. :p

I agree. BO1 has a certain feel to it (IMO) that I think would be lost in a 3D world. :)

Umah Bloodomen
12th Sep 2002, 15:31
I guess that I am too "old school". :p
Sheesh...I'm starting to sound like Blinc. ;) :D

Preacher
12th Sep 2002, 15:38
I agree, Blood Omen wouldn't be as good in 3D, most would still prefer the first one if a remake was made. I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version, still in 2D but with slightly better graphics, maybe a few extra weapons, spells, locations and enemies.

Besides, I'd much rather see a SR4 and BO3 then a BO remake.

Umah Bloodomen
12th Sep 2002, 15:54
Originally posted by Preacher
Besides, I'd much rather see a SR4 and BO3 then a BO remake.

Don't we need the SR3 game first? ;)

Preacher
12th Sep 2002, 16:27
Aaaahhhhh, you know what I mean. SR3 is in production (or pre production, I forget which) and I'd rather that they move on with SR4 or BO3 before they go back and remake BO1. :)

Umah Bloodomen
12th Sep 2002, 16:30
SR3 is in the "preliminary stages of development", which I assume involves the writing of the plotline.

chuffy
13th Sep 2002, 13:05
but, chris said that he already knows whats going to happen. so they must have already completed the plotline. most likey still writing the script though.

chuffy

Friendly_Fire
13th Sep 2002, 15:22
Just Better Graphics,sound and Video Nothing more Just so that we are clear about.

Friendly_Fire_

blincoln
13th Sep 2002, 16:00
That would still be a massive effort, though =). This has been discussed before at length, and CrystalD has basically said they're not going to do it. There was a fan project for awhile, but it ended when the engine they were going to use (NWN) didn't support a bunch of necessary features.

Preacher
13th Sep 2002, 23:26
Yeah, I heard about that.

Friendly_Fire
16th Sep 2002, 10:26
I still think I would be cool to see that happen even if its just a.......Hey I am aloud ta Dream

Friendly_Fire_

Preacher
16th Sep 2002, 23:12
Originally posted by Friendly_Fire
I still think I would be cool to see that happen even if its just a.......Hey I am aloud ta Dream

Friendly_Fire_

*points to sign that says "NO DREAMING"*

Razielim BRA
3rd Aug 2003, 03:03
Hi everyone
Read my idea, then tell me if you agree with me.
Wouldn´t be the greatest if EIDOS/Crystal Dynamic remake Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain(BO1)??
I mean... I didn´t play BO1, I was going to play but compared to the games I´ve already played(SR1, SR2), and for what I have seen of graphics, musics.. In my case, it really turns to be frustranting, once the game was designed for PS1. Even compared to BO2 (talking about the graphics) we can see a huge difference. I´m sure that there are alot who are in the same situation like me.

I was wondering all about this and I had a conclusion... EIDOS has nothing to lose, everybody already loves Legacy of Kain series and see a new version for PS2/PC/Xbox would please everyone I have no doubts.

Now comes the big question. How this can turn to be true??
I don´t know if this subject already was spoken before here in the Forum, if so now we can put more emphasis on this, right?

Well.. I hope someone important of EIDOS can see this mere thread. :rolleyes:

Matt from Spam Buddies
3rd Aug 2003, 08:00
A BO-LOK remake idea has been discussed many times.

I agree that it would be nice, seeing the full world and adventures of BO-LOK again, but this time in 3D glory.

Having said that, though, I don't think that CD will be bothering about remakes until the current storyline has found a final solution (which wont be too soon, I hope).

- Matthew

tomb_raiding
7th Aug 2003, 23:15
Crystal Dynamics will be busy working on Tomb Raider 7

PsychoVamp
7th Aug 2003, 23:25
Well,after TR,they should rerelease BO. Put the cut materials in dvd format (like Kains death could be unlocked along with other elements) and put the Vorador chess match in as a mini game on the side.

Darcketh
8th Aug 2003, 09:40
I have had a thought about a fan made remake of BO1... After completing my own game projects I could start to make a 3D (or an enchanced 2D) version of BO1 on the top of my own 3D engine. But all this is in the future, maybe some 5-7 years from now. There is nothing wrong in being realistic. ;)

- SpiritShift -
8th Aug 2003, 12:17
I'm all for seeing BO in 3D, but I believe that many people think in terms of the theory 'Working forwards, not backwards.' Maybe when the LoK series finishes - until then, CD will be expending all it's energies on new material. Also, the fan-base of the series is cult, not mainstream, and I'm not sure that there would be enough of us to warrant the expense and time of a game that already exists.

On the other hand, if CD decides to put an end to my presumption, by all means, I have no objections! ;)

PsychoVamp
25th Oct 2003, 04:43
Its a BO1 rerelease petition I saw at Nosgothic Realm. I know it probobly should go in the BO section but I thought it would get more attention in here,I just thought everyone should know about it.........

http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/rrraziel/petitioneng.htm

EDIT: HA it did get moved........

EDIT 2: I MEANT RERELEASE NOT REMAKE......sorry for the mixup,MB...........

Chris@Crystal
25th Oct 2003, 05:25
Good luck with that Petition. Perhaps if you get over a million signitures saying they will buy it, we might make it. You never know. But all I am saying is Defiance is the game you want to get! I can't stop playing it, the fighting is so varied, so very much fun. Definately pre-order it if you have not already. :)
~Chris

fneh
25th Oct 2003, 10:08
I don't normally sign petitions but what the hell? I know how good this game could be. Besides if chris actually acknowledges the thing then surely other ppl invloved in the game would too. I always thought they didn't get noticed by anyone but rabid fans doinmg the only thing they can.

Raz
25th Oct 2003, 10:10
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
But all I am saying is Defiance is the game you want to get! I can't stop playing it, the fighting is so varied, so very much fun. Definately pre-order it if you have not already. :)
~Chris

Why you evil person! Do you really have to come here and tease?! ;)

TheElderGodofNosgoth
25th Oct 2003, 15:48
Originally posted by Sanafa
I do not agree with that petition. I like Blood Omen 1 as it is: perfect! I could not agree more.

PsychoVamp
25th Oct 2003, 18:41
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
Good luck with that Petition. Perhaps if you get over a million signitures saying they will buy it, we might make it. You never know. But all I am saying is Defiance is the game you want to get! I can't stop playing it, the fighting is so varied, so very much fun. Definately pre-order it if you have not already. :)
~Chris

Oh Ive pre-ordered belive you me! :)

Originally posted by Sanafa
I do not agree with that petition. I like Blood Omen 1 as it is: perfect!

Originally posted by TheElderGodofNosgoth
I could not agree more.

Did you guys pay attention to the page though? It just asked if it should be rereleased because its hard to get ahold of,not to be reworked. (although better loading times would be nice......)

The great number of fan-sites all over the world dedicated to the LoK games, witnesses the saga's growing popoularity; Soul Reaver has been the most successful product, but many fans do not directly know BO1 -now difficult to find and technically old- wich story-line is basilar for the correct understanding of the following chapters. So it becomes now necessary a new edition of the game: help us, sign our digital petition !

Umah Bloodomen
25th Oct 2003, 18:48
A remake and a re-release are two different things entirely. I do agree that the title should remain as is. (Especially seeing LOKD is bringing the games together). However a re-release would be good. They did re-release it with SR and Fighting Force over a year ago for the PSX.

Also your link doesn't work and to add that extra clarification perhaps we should change the title of your thread.

PsychoVamp
25th Oct 2003, 18:55
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
A remake and a re-release are two different things entirely. I do agree that the title should remain as is. (Especially seeing LOKD is bringing the games together). However a re-release would be good. They did re-release it with SR and Fighting Force over a year ago for the PSX.

Also your link doesn't work and to add that extra clarification perhaps we should change the title of your thread.

That would be true,I never heard of them rereleasing it though with SR and Fighting Force.........

The links working for me but the site itself is experiencing tech. difficulties.

Also a name change would greatly be appreciated..........thanks Umah,sorry my bad.

Umah Bloodomen
26th Oct 2003, 02:59
No worries, Psycho Vamp. I went ahead and altered your thread title. (You actually can't change anything but the subject of your initial post). You're very welcome. :)

Here's the BO/SR/FF announcement from last August. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3964)

PsychoVamp
26th Oct 2003, 04:29
I just saw one of those compilation packs on ebay........did they even produce many of them? I follow this kinda thing close but I never heard of it till today.

BTW:KUDOS TO UMAH

Umah Bloodomen
26th Oct 2003, 05:21
Originally posted by PsychoVamp
I just saw one of those compilation packs on ebay........did they even produce many of them? I follow this kinda thing close but I never heard of it till today.

I have come across them at GameStop and Best Buy in the US, but I don't really know how many of them were produced and are in circulation at this time.

Adrian Tepes
28th Oct 2003, 09:09
I had no need to purchase these as I have all the originals but, if you want to find them, try Toys R' Us. I saw 12 of them at my local Toys R' Us yesterday selling for $25.

Atomic Skull
31st Oct 2003, 10:03
What I'd like to see is an update along the lines of Falcom's remake of Y's I&II for Windows (they redid it with high res graphics, some new areas, all new cutscenes, etc.)..

But then, Ys is gigantic (well, in Japan it is), not so for Blood Omen.

I can dream though.

Tarakudo
8th Nov 2003, 15:08
Ever since I played the first SR I've wondered whether or not Eidos and CD ever thought about a remake of the first BO for our current game consoles. My interest in the concept became more intense with the remake of the Resident Evil series for the GC. If I'm correct Eidos and Silicon Knights produced the first LOK game, so Eidos should have some rights to a remake. I think it would be awesome to see BO1 on a PS2 or any of the other new consoles for that matter. Just a thought from a long time fan. :D

Johnny_anoniem
8th Nov 2003, 16:27
Originally posted by Tarakudo
Ever since I played the first SR I've wondered whether or not Eidos and CD ever thought about a remake of the first BO for our current game consoles. My interest in the concept became more intense with the remake of the Resident Evil series for the GC. If I'm correct Eidos and Silicon Knights produced the first LOK game, so Eidos should have some rights to a remake. I think it would be awesome to see BO1 on a PS2 or any of the other new consoles for that matter. Just a thought from a long time fan. :D

At first... Silicon Knights DID produce the first LOK game (together with Crystal Dynamics), but Activision published it... not EIDOS! And... there have been "hundreds" of previous topics asking for the same thing, but Crystal Dynamics already answered to this question, with something like this "we want to go forward, not backward in the LoK series"... so although it would be awesome, it will probably never be :(

skyhopper88
8th Nov 2003, 16:27
I'd love to see that, and so would other people, but I don't think it will happen.

*starts chanting "Do it do it"*

JGibbs86
8th Nov 2003, 17:01
It is a good concept, and I thought about this myself, but I think remaking a cult classic never works out. Its the same with films (*e.g. the texas chainsaw massacre*). The best thing for activision and Eidos to do is to RERELEASE Blood omen. one of its biggest problems is its popularity exceeds its availability. Bringing it back onto the shelves will rekindle people interest in LoK. Byt the way folks. there is a chance I could be the proud owner of an Evolved Kain action figure, complete with pillar throne and soul reaver!

~xxJGibbs86x~~

SpliffTastic
8th Nov 2003, 17:03
If they were going to do anything with BO1, I'd much rather see a movie, whether it use CG animation (too expensive), traditional animation (probably still too expensive for such a project), or even using "in-game movie" type animation (too fanboy to appeal to most consumers).

Zephonsfate
8th Nov 2003, 17:07
While I doubt we will ever see a full-fledged remake, it would be nice to have a collectors edition with all the games. There is one with BO1 and SR2 for Playstation, but they should re-issue a release with updated code for PC. I have both BO1 and SR1 for PC, but due to Windows XP and a NTFS File System I cannot get them to work even with the patch from "The Lost Worlds site."

The PC versions had better graphics than the psone collection, plus Bo1 for psone is extremely slow in areas.

Eternal Emperor
8th Nov 2003, 18:40
Why doesn't someone just make a mod for Blood Omen 2 or some other game and re-make Blood Omen. It may take a while, but you can always rip the dialouge from the PSX game.
Some people are doing it for the older Ultima games, and I think as long as you don't try to make a profit it's okay.
I think....;)

blincoln
8th Nov 2003, 19:09
It would be fun, but it's not going to happen.

Even if Crystal Dynamics wanted to, the world of Blood Omen is just too big to recreate as a 3D game in a reasonable amount of time. I would guess 4-5 years to do it all, and that would be way too expensive of a project.

As others have said, they did recently reissue the Playstation version, but I can't see that happening for the PC. Updating the game code after seven years would be a huge hassle, and PC owners are a lot more picky about the graphics of the games they buy.

Some people did discuss remaking it as a fan project using a game engine like Neverwinter Nights, but it didn't work out. They would run into the same problems as if Crystal remade it in terms of time, only because it would be a fan project it would take more like eight years if it ever got done.

Soul Devourer
9th Nov 2003, 21:18
It wll be great to see a Blood Omen 1 remake.I haven't played the game so it would give me and others a chance to play it.

Jashugan
10th Nov 2003, 19:01
I don't think i'd like a remake, but maybe a re-tooled PSX version. The worst thing about that game was the loading time, even running on a PS2 it's painful.

Viator
13th Nov 2003, 15:09
What about a special edition boxed set? Like the stuff they released for Defiance in Germany. :confused:
I'd love to get my hands on one if it came with BO, SR, SR2, BO2 and Defiance, plus a bonus Kain/Raziel collectible.
Imagine having the entire saga from beginning to...to where we are so far.
I'm sure It'd cost a pretty penny but it would be SO-o worth it!
:D

Zephonsfate
14th Nov 2003, 13:49
I just got BO1 to work on my XP OS. cool. I am so happy as I don't have Defiance yet. It is so good to rehash (no pun intended) old memories of this game. It truly is a worty game for its time and out does many a game in this new age of next gen gaming. I would love to see a remake if they really kept the game the same kind of like the Resident Evil remake and Metal Gear Solid:Twin Snakes for the Cube. This game has so much good that it does not need new ideas to fit a new generation of gamers. Well, if they don't I definitely think they should compile an anthology on one or two DVDs for the PS2 or PS3. This is one series that does deserve that. They should further more publish some good Legacy of Kain novels based soley on the games plot. None of that Luke with grey hair nonsense that the Star Wars books have become.

MURDOCRAZIEL
21st Nov 2003, 18:41
hey people why not having a remake of the original blood omen ;) with totally new grapichs and with all that was there but couldn't got out in the game! i say it would be fantastic is it noT?

well juts think abou it

Riovanes
21st Nov 2003, 19:20
That's a fine idea, and something I myself would very much like to see...

However, the thing you need to understand is that updating the game in that fashion would be akin to programming a completely new product, and thus it would be years in development.

Just think about what has to go into this...

New character models have to be designed, because we simply don't have current model representation for many of the characters in BO1. A new camera would have to be applied to the game, as a fully-3D game would look kind of odd in a 3/4 top down view like BO1 had. Add to that the need for an updated combat engine, re-formatting or possibly re-recording the voice over work, and completely re-engineering the sound program, and you've basically got an entirely new game on your hands - something the development team would need two or three years to make properly, if we're expecting a quality product.

I'm not saying this could not, should not, or would not be done - but I think it's important that you be aware that remaking a game isn't the same thing as adding a bell to a bicycle and calling it "updated." A lot of work has to go into those sorts of things - so if you really want it, just be prepared to wait.

MURDOCRAZIEL
21st Nov 2003, 22:14
TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU (y) BUT WHAT I WANTED TO SAY IS EXACTLY THAT A NEW WHOLE GAME OF THE BO1 COMPLETELY 3D AS SOUL REAVER OR DEFIANCE WHY THIS? BECOUSE JUST LOOK AT MGS TWIN SNAKES, RESIDENT EVIL (THE NEW ONES) WOULDN'T IT BE WORTH DYEING FOR? IMAGINE THAT YOU SEE KAIN KILLING THE CIRCLE AGAIN BUT WITH NEW CAMERAS AND WATCHING THEIR FACES WHILE THEY'RE BEING KILLED WOW MAN !! I WILL LOVE TO SEE THAT!!!!!!! AND IF IT TOOK SO LONG I WOULD NOT CARE EITHER COUSE JUST KNOWING I WILL SEE IT IS ENOUGH JOY LIKE TO WAIT WHATEVER I TTAKES

blincoln
21st Nov 2003, 23:41
It would be cool, but I don't think it's practical enough to happen. Blood Omen had a huge world. It would take something like six years to recreate in 3D, making it too expensive of a project.

MURDOCRAZIEL
21st Nov 2003, 23:58
Originally posted by blincoln
It would be cool, but I don't think it's practical enough to happen. Blood Omen had a huge world. It would take something like six years to recreate in 3D, making it too expensive of a project.

YOUR PAGE IS COOL (y) AND BY THE WAY I THABK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR HELPING ME THESE PAST 2 DAYS ON HOW TO PLAY BO1 IN MY WINDOWS XP :$ AND I KNOW IT PR4OBABLY BE DREAMMING BUT :$ I HAVE DREAMS :'( IT DOESN¡'T COST ME NOTHING TO DREAM :'(!!!!! ANYWAYS JUST IMAGINE IT :$ IT WILL ROCK!

Morcilla
22nd Nov 2003, 00:10
I don't think the main problem would be the development. I mean redoing BO1 would just mean they save time on concepts and story writing, and do everything else they would have to for any new game. Some changes would need to be made gameplay-wise IMO, but that wouldn't be the problem with getting it done.

The problem would be the legalities of it. If I remember correctly (and it's quite possible that I don't here), there was some legal issues when CD decided to go off and continue the LoK with Soul Reaver without Silicon Knights. CD clearly though did get the rights to produce new games in the LoK, but when you get into the game that Silicon Knights actually had a direct hand in, I think that there will need to be some kind of agreements made, even if it seems like a no-brainer money-maker to us.

NiteShift
22nd Nov 2003, 01:50
If they did remake it, they would have to keep the gameplay the same since its gameplay was so different than the others. It was way gorer(?) than the others like imploding enemies. Also I would hope it would be adventure game and not action like BO2, in BO1 you could go anywhere you wanted.

blincoln
22nd Nov 2003, 02:11
The problem would be the legalities of it. If I remember correctly (and it's quite possible that I don't here), there was some legal issues when CD decided to go off and continue the LoK with Soul Reaver without Silicon Knights. CD clearly though did get the rights to produce new games in the LoK, but when you get into the game that Silicon Knights actually had a direct hand in, I think that there will need to be some kind of agreements made, even if it seems like a no-brainer money-maker to us.

I am pretty sure that this is actually not the case. Eidos re-issued Blood Omen last year.

Again, look at how huge the world of Blood Omen is. In terms of size, it's about twice as large as the original Soul Reaver. Imagine how long it would take to recreate that in modern 3D, given that it took 2+ years to make Defiance.

hippiechk
22nd Nov 2003, 02:37
Didn't Chris or Amy (or somebody) say that CD is not looking to re-make any of the past games of the series? And that they are only looking to the future for any possible new installments? I thought I read that here a while ago. Can't seem to find it at the moment.

Despite that, it doesn't seem likely anyway, as blinc made good points about the time it would involve. The art alone would take years, nevermind everything else it would require.

However, I do WISH that Blood Omen would be re-made in 3D glory. Only because I could not get through the original with it's 2D graphics and scrolling. I simply hate scrollers. Flame me all you want for it, but that's just the way it is for me.

I have a long list of LOK wishes. I'll be happy if I get only one of them. Then again, we all have Defiance now. We should be grateful for it and not complain about everything else we want but won't get.

Zephonsfate
23rd Nov 2003, 09:39
well, we know that we are getting another installment in the future (near or distant). So in the meantime, why doesn't Crystal team up with a good and talented company to produce BO, SR, SR2, and Defiance as an animated series. It would really be great as a Final Fantasy: Spriits Within style of animation. I cannot tell you the popularity or the success in doing such a thing. First you have all the LoK fans who will purchase it. Second, you have all the fans of those types of movies no matter what they are about. It would draw in a huge crowd for the next game perhaps. I would personally love to see a remake of BO1, but I really do not see that occuring because it simply would be huge undertaking if they would really want to touch it up.

- SpiritShift -
23rd Nov 2003, 10:26
If it's the graphics and 3D world of Blood Omen that would make you want to buy it if they did remake it, look no further than SR2 and Defiance. That's the BO time period, it has some of the characters, it has the 3D environment.

If it's the story you want again, just play the original BO.

But I'd venture to suggest that game developers prefer moving forwards to backwards. :)

Omega-x
30th Nov 2003, 21:43
there is no point. the game is good just the way it is. I see no reason they would remake it

Glucolisis
1st Dec 2003, 03:55
The only thing I would like is that the release a patch so i could run on WinXP, the same for Sr1.

Blincoln made some fixes and they both can run in winxp so there is no problem with that.

Black Wraith
5th Dec 2003, 23:04
It would be super cool for a BO1 remake. Look what they did to Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid? Hopefully these won't be for the Game Cube though.

helz
6th Dec 2003, 22:17
I think that there should be just a re-release, with no huge changes other than compatibility and maybe a few new graphical effects. Getting BO1 to work on my current computer is so far fruitless, and I really don't feel like using my ancient 100 Mhz Pentium 1 to play the game. A re-release would rock.

DestinyOfKain
6th Dec 2003, 23:58
I think a remake of BO1 would be great. I know that many fans have either never played it or gave up on it because it was too old fashioned.

I think it had a great story-line and to make it 3D would not only let some more fans appreciate it, but bring in some new ones as well.

Besides, now that many of us know the storyline in deeper more intricate detail, it'd be cool to look back and replay the game, but in a new and improved manner.

Omni_Sephiroth
7th Dec 2003, 02:03
It would be a Great idear as long as they dident change the story

That would just ruin the game
:rolleyes:

Centurion
7th Dec 2003, 19:04
I like for their to be a decent Blood Omen 1 remake, its still my favourite legacy of kain game thus far (although i havent played Defiance yet- febuary release over here)
and still the game remains in my top 10 of all time

Graphical enhancments would probably be the main thing offcourse, perhaps keep it like the other games in the series , 3d 3rd person adventure style, but the music was great in the origional, i hope that if they did make a remake they wouldnt remake the music :)

~Cent~

TheWatcher
27th Dec 2003, 22:42
Seeing the BO1 world in updated graphics is a neat thought. Talk about a bad camera angle! Directly overhead the entire game!? But I think there's just too much of the LOK world left to explore to spend the time (and money) re-doing an existing installment.

Besides, there's just something darkly classic about the way BO1 is made. It would be a bit like re-recording Elvis' music with a synth or something. Maybe OK, but never as good as the original.

Vampiric Fool
6th Jan 2004, 02:38
As much as I would love to see a remake of the original Blood Omen game, there would need to be too many changes.

What I mean is, Kain walks into a Wolf Cave, walks around for a bit, now he can turn into a wolf? Just doesn't fit, when compared to the other games. (EG. Raziel Taking his brothers souls, Imbuling the reaver, Collecting the Balance emblem).

If someone could think of a practical solution to this, I'd love to see the game remade.

Nigol
9th Jan 2004, 13:27
I agree. It would take to long to make the whole world 3D. But it would be great if they made a remake that would work on win2000 and XP.

Tibrious82
11th Jan 2004, 12:22
If Eidos/Crystal Dynamics do remake the first Legacy of Kain game, then they should:

1. At least wait until the next generation of game consoles arrive on the market (PSX 3, X BOX Next, etc.)

2. Wait until the very last title of the series is released.

3. Remake all of the games with updated graphics, more involving and entertaining gameplay, and most importantly these games should contain the same storyline only without the plot holes, illogicalities, and potential mishaps (i.e. Blood Omen 2.) I would like to see a better effort made in tying the storyline of BO2 with the rest of the series.

SonneDieNacht
17th Jan 2004, 05:52
It will not happen.

WraithStar
17th Jan 2004, 19:59
It would be cool if they rereleased it for PC (so I could find it somewhere) and updated it so that it will work on XP (so I could play it). I saw the graphics in the demo, and although they were old, I could live with that, as long as it doesn't go super-fast like the demo did. Please?:rolleyes:

babifrence
18th Jan 2004, 03:01
Hiya Peeps,

Originally posted by Tibrious82
If Eidos/Crystal Dynamics do remake the first Legacy of Kain game, then they should:

1. At least wait until the next generation of game consoles arrive on the market (PSX 3, X BOX Next, etc.)

2. Wait until the very last title of the series is released.

3. Remake all of the games with updated graphics, more involving and entertaining gameplay, and most importantly these games should contain the same storyline only without the plot holes, illogicalities, and potential mishaps (i.e. Blood Omen 2.) I would like to see a better effort made in tying the storyline of BO2 with the rest of the series.

I pretty much agree here. Although I should add, BO1 was in a league of its own. Remember the awkwardness of aspects of certain levels, for example:

You would enter a level and collect control mind ability as a card. How realistic do you think its gonna look on a near state of the art machine in comparison with Defiance? Its gonna look extremely dorky. I dont think they should remake it, it would just orchestrate (;)) a terrible remake and would never redeem itself with the classic fans. Personally, I was fortunate to purchase every single game (except Defiance) last year through Amazon and Ebay and I completed all 4. BO1 is like the spark that gave birth to this story, to demand a remake or even mock the game back then is just a tragedy.

I reckon it should be left alone and admired in all its glory as it was. To try and get a square room carefully designed so that you cant evade spikes and annoying ghost characters trying to kill you would look and appear very riciulous. Back in 1995/6 they got away with it as technology back then was like THE ultimate for its day. At this point in the time-stream (;)) it would look funny, but because its such an LoK classic we praise it like it was Halo or GTA3. We all know it cant be compared in the same way but we love it just the same and if not more than games like Halo and GTA3.

PEACE OUT !!!

DarkWraith
25th Jan 2004, 14:51
Much as I think this would be an absolutly brilliant idea I have to say that I think its kind of important to keep BO the way it is. I shows how far CD have progressed from where Silicon Knights started.

Also BO is sort of gaming history in its own right.

DW:D

LOK kain is the greatest
25th Jan 2004, 20:59
Would be nice but wount happen. they would have to cut out soooo much. i agree with DW on this one sorry.

KITG

WraithStar
25th Jan 2004, 21:07
I just want Blood Omen for PC and I want it to work on XP. What little I saw of the demo looked cool enough in its own right without the need for making it 3D :)

Enihcam
25th Jan 2004, 22:53
Tell you what guys...if I ever become a millionaire I will personally fund a remake of BO1 whether profits looks bleak or not :D

WraithStar
26th Jan 2004, 00:15
Me too :D

SanguinSarafim
26th Jan 2004, 00:54
It would definately become a best seller and a top RPG, after a little fine-tunning. The world is huge but other games have huge layout to and they didn't need 6 years to finnish. To bad... CD said they will get on with new games rather than remake old ones. BO was not a smash for it's time and to few people know it even now ( to few for what it deserves )

IamLakota
26th Jan 2004, 23:34
I would love to see it re-issued for the PC as it is the only one of the series I haven't played.:( :( :( :( :(

DarkWraith
27th Jan 2004, 11:10
Ok guys this thread is exactly the same as the thread below it, in relation to subject matter. Look (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27806)

DW

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
7th Feb 2004, 09:10
why dont they release the original blood omen for the gameboy advance, surely it would be able to process it right?

The Angel of Death
7th Feb 2004, 09:46
they should remake it but still hav da same menu format but make in wit sr2 graphics at least

King Otmar
12th Feb 2004, 14:57
I would love to see a remake. They could do sooo much to game play, abilities, and characters.

It would be a great addition to LOK.

Zephon
14th Feb 2004, 10:32
Originally posted by Omega-x
there is no point. the game is good just the way it is. I see no reason they would remake it

lots of people havnt got it, it's rare & going for about 60 pound a copy on ebay

i havn't got 1 either

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
14th Feb 2004, 11:19
why dont eidos re-release the game to anyone who wants to order it. maybe at about £15 or $20 or something, i would pay that, especially if it worked proberly on windows XP.

i have tried looking for it from places other than ebay (ie: local shops) but to no avail. and that makes me a sad, sad, panda :(

The Angel of Death
15th Feb 2004, 02:26
Originally posted by King Otmar
I would love to see a remake. They could do sooo much to game play, abilities, and characters.

It would be a great addition to LOK.

if they do that ppl might not get it cause its not the game ppl got hooked on & it wont be the bases 4 the other other games cause the story lines might might not work 2gether with em so the game series could be ruined so the ONLY thing they should do in the remake is make betta graphics

Omni_Sephiroth
15th Feb 2004, 04:12
They dont have to Just improve the Graphics they could modifly abilities, weapons, etc

Bobman32x
18th Feb 2004, 00:25
I think they should just port the existing game over to GBA. Max Payne was possible with Voice Acting and all, so i dont know why LOK would be much of a problem. Maybe the FMVs wouldnt be possible, but aside from any with Mortainius (the opening 2, Battle against Anacrothe), the battle of the last stand, and Vorador's (Extended Malek Fight and his 2nd fight with malek after Kain summons him) they pretty much all sucked anyway.

I mean, Meeting Ariel could easily be done ingame, same with beheading Moebius, Flying from location to location, the Hash Script, Meeting the Oracle, and the 2 endings. I dont think there are anymore.

The Buttons are all layed out. A swings sword, B uses magic, L Drinks Blood, R switches Magic and Items (which the 4 forms will also be in.) Select Could zoom out view when pressed once, show the map screen when presses twice, then revert back into a zoomed in screen when pressed again. Just change the Equpid Menu Around, and Include the Normal (select) menu inside of the Equpi Menu. Also They coujld get rid of the ugly HUD that takes up 1/3 of the entire screen. Make the Layout more BO2 like, with Life and Magic as a bar on top, The selected Magic and Items in the Lower corners, and Kain would obviously have the equpied weapon and armor on him.

Now that would be a good Idea IMO.

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
18th Feb 2004, 20:51
'tis was i said earlier, put BO1 on GBA

Omni_Sephiroth
19th Feb 2004, 01:34
Question
is it legal for someone other than Eidos, Crystal Dynamics to make a remake of blood omen 1 because of legal copyright issues?

The Angel of Death
23rd Feb 2004, 10:45
Originally posted by Omni_Sephiroth
Question
is it legal for someone other than Eidos, Crystal Dynamics to make a remake of blood omen 1 because of legal copyright issues?

no idear if i find out ill tell post it on the forum

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Feb 2004, 18:10
By another company? Not unless Eidos/CD license another company to do so. From my understanding, the intellectual property rights currently belong to Eidos/CD. (Hence why they've been able to make additional games). Usually to be granted a license to use the work, another company would have to meet with Eidos/CD to work out any royalty issues (if applicable) and most likely pay a decent piece of "pocket change".

Bobman32x
23rd Feb 2004, 21:56
Though Isnt BO1 really owned by Silicn Knights and Activision? I know Crystal Has the rights to the Characters and Names, but doesnt SK have the rights for the Story, and Activision for the gameplay?

Gevaudan
23rd Feb 2004, 22:06
No this is not an announcement sorry folks.

However, I just wanted to get the idea out in the public and get some feedback. I have bought every legacy of kain game in fact at one point i had them all on both console and pc (thats right two copies of each game) just so i could make sure i could play them whenever i wanted whether i had access to the tv or not.

Anyways i have played through and beaten every LoK game EXCEPT Blood Omen ... the reason is that although i love the story for this series i started with Soul Reaver really (technically i played blood omen first but i had rented it from a store played a few hours and got sidetracked and couldn't play anymore) so not only do i like the Story but i love the "Action Adventure" genre of the games. Despite the varying difference between each game from SR1-Defiance they all maintain the Action-Adventure Genre. Blood Omen however does not it is a top down action game and rather old style of play at that. I have read about 50 different "Recaps" of ther story from Blood Omen both official and non-official and honestly it is quite possibly the best story of ANY of the games.

The Ability to have two endings was very nice too but even if they keep with only allowing you to have the ending that they have made obvious at this point actually happened it would be just as good of a story.

Now the idea i want to get people talking about and see some opinions is a remake of the Original Blood Omen. We are seeing it with alot of games lately like the new "Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes" which uses the story of Metal Gear Solid original but bringing the gameplay, graphics and such to the MGS2 engine. I want to see something like this for Blood Omen ... BADLY ... I want to have the same story brought into an Action Adventure Game with AT LEAST an engine similar to Blood Omen 2, but preferably the Defiance engine obviously.

What do you all think of it? I think it would make CD some decent cash even those that bought the first one would likely rebuy it for the sake of getting to play some more great adventure games from CD. All the folks like me who just couldn't sit through an entire game of Blood Omen with the outdated quality would definitely buy the remake so we can get that amazing story with a great quality of game as well.

So enough rambling .... thoughts?

Note: Please keep this thread free of spoilers for those who do not know all the story and/or use spoiler tags.

AndaPanda
23rd Feb 2004, 22:28
You should check out this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26690) thread on the Blood Omen section when you have the chance.

As for your poll, I'd definitely buy a remake of BO, but I don't think they'll ever remake BO, as Eidos stated they want to focus on future games instead of redoing old ones. And I don't think a "new and improved" BO would bring loads of cash to Eidos, since it will probably be bought mostly by fans of the series, and not the "other" people who started with Defiance...

Gevaudan
23rd Feb 2004, 23:16
on the contrary i believe the people who would be most likely to buy it would be those that started with Defiance ...

because of the whole scene when they see kain's ultimate choice destory the pillars, and of course the numerous times things link to the first story in Defiance

... That alone would make most defiance only players want to go back expecially if it had the same engine as defiance.

There is also something else major to keep in mind when debating whether or not a BO remake may be made. The Company who had a huge hand in remaking Metal Gear Solid was none other than Silicon Knights. So they have already done one remake ... why not 2 :)

Shifter
23rd Feb 2004, 23:17
a great game with up to date graphix who could resist?

Tesla
23rd Feb 2004, 23:21
Originally posted by AndaPanda
You should check out this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26690) thread on the Blood Omen section when you have the chance.

As for your poll, I'd definitely buy a remake of BO, but I don't think they'll ever remake BO, as Eidos stated they want to focus on future games instead of redoing old ones. And I don't think a "new and improved" BO would bring loads of cash to Eidos, since it will probably be bought mostly by fans of the series, and not the "other" people who started with Defiance...

I agree. MGS works because the game was hugely popular to begin with. I haven't seen statistics, but I imagine Blood Omen is far less popular. I don't think even with Defiance players there would be enough interest to cause Eidos to fund a re-do of a classic game. I'd really like to see it, but I don't think it'll happen :(

Shifter
23rd Feb 2004, 23:24
true

damm wish there where modkits 4 this :D

AndaPanda
23rd Feb 2004, 23:34
Well they'd have to play ALL the games in the series, not just BO, and I've seen people posting here on the forums that ask for links to the LOK story, since they're too *cough-lazy-cough* to play the entire series :rolleyes: . That's why I was saying that the BO remake would probably be bought mostly by old time fans. To the other people who have started with Defiance (or to those who haven't played ANY LOK games yet), the remade BO would be just another game of this big series that they're not sure they want to play... Of course, Defiance being the great game that it is, can also attract new fans who would want to go back and play all the other games :) Unfortunately, not everyone liked Defiance so much, mostly because of the camera, pshh :rolleyes: (personally, I think it's not a good enough reason to stop playing the game) so I guess they wouldn't want to do that. Plus, I've read that Eidos does not want to concentrate on remaking older games like BO or SR1 (with all the material that was cut being included), but focus on future games.. For the moment at least. That's the whole point anyway. We can wish for a BO remake, but that doesn't mean we're going to get it... :(

Shifter
23rd Feb 2004, 23:38
the only games i can play are defiance and bo2 sr2 and sr1 dont work they give verry weird grahic probs and i cant get a hold of the other ones

SADLY :(

AndaPanda
23rd Feb 2004, 23:39
Originally posted by Gevaudan
There is also something else major to keep in mind when debating whether or not a BO remake may be made. The Company who had a huge hand in remaking Metal Gear Solid was none other than Silicon Knights. So they have already done one remake ... why not 2 :)

The copyrights for the LOK series belong to CD/Eidos now, so I don't think SK could remake BO even if they wanted to.

AndaPanda
23rd Feb 2004, 23:44
Originally posted by Shifter
the only games i can play are defiance and bo2 sr2 and sr1 dont work they give verry weird grahic probs and i cant get a hold of the other ones

SADLY :(

What platform are you using to play the games? If you're playing on the PC, there are instructions on blincoln's site (http://www.thelostworlds.net/) on how to get SR1 to work on Win2000 or XP. These are under the "miscellaneous" section.:)

Gevaudan
24th Feb 2004, 00:04
I wouldn't expect it to be remade now but there are lots of rumors going around that there is only guaranteed to be one more game in the LoK Series then the series will be finished.

If thats true i would then like to see them remake BO and maybe even SR1 to make the entire thing more "complete", obtainable, and enjoyable.

Shifter
24th Feb 2004, 00:21
i can get sr1 2 work ony prob is that evry thing has 2 freaky colors that its a horror 2 c

AndaPanda
24th Feb 2004, 00:36
I wouldn't expect it to be remade now but there are lots of rumors going around that there is only guaranteed to be one more game in the LoK Series then the series will be finished.

If thats true i would then like to see them remake BO and maybe even SR1 to make the entire thing more "complete", obtainable, and enjoyable.

Well personally, I'd like that too, I was just trying to be realistic. But we can dream, can't we? :)

Shifter, sorry to hear that. Are you sure it's not your monitor's fault? Did you try modifying resolution, effects, etc?

babifrence
24th Feb 2004, 12:48
Hiya Peeps,

Originally posted by Bobman32x
Though Isnt BO1 really owned by Silicn Knights and Activision? I know Crystal Has the rights to the Characters and Names, but doesnt SK have the rights for the Story, and Activision for the gameplay?

If you think about it the game play isnt the same or similar. The only thing that ties all the games in, is the initial story and the characters. I do believe that Eidos/CD have those rights because as Umah said, the multiple sequels could not have been made due to legal issues.

PEACE OUT !!!

Kane
24th Feb 2004, 21:02
Would Love a redeveloped Blood omen, that would be a real big seller and a bonus for all us fans :D

Time fades even Legend

The Warrior Servant
25th Feb 2004, 15:42
Having played every game in the Lok series (in order luckily) I still rate BO1 as my favourite out of the five games. I would greatly like to see a copy of BO1 with better graphics and the control structure improved.

However like most games of its time, to make up for poor graphics BO1 used more violent themes. In today’s society, with today’s graphics, there is absolutely no way that these themes could be implemented as the game would become too graphically violent. I mean back then you could get away controlling the mind of a person, taking them into a spirit forge and having their entire body ripped apart (just as one example), but censors would not even begin to allow that with today’s graphics. If we don't give up any of the themes then the game would get an R rating or even worse an X rating, hence the only way to implement BO1 in the modern world is to loose some of the original game.

So although I would like to see it improved, given a choice of better graphics or maintaining the integrity of the game,
I will choose my mid 90's BO1 version with out hesitation.

Gevaudan
25th Feb 2004, 18:23
None of the things in BO1 that were that graphic actually need to be included for the story.

Those ninja star type things that ripped people skin off ... that can not be included easily and it wouldn't harm the story in any way for example.

Alot of thing would need to be changed anyways for story sake ... i mean how many hearts did Janos have :) ... if you look at BO1 somewhere in the hundreds and they were all thrown all around the world.

The Warrior Servant
26th Feb 2004, 15:02
None of the things in BO1 that were that graphic actually need to be included for the story.

Alot of thing would need to be changed anyways for story sake ... i mean how many hearts did Janos have :) ... if you look at BO1 somewhere in the hundreds and they were all thrown all around the world.

I will admit that there are inconsistencies with the heart of darkness but that could be dealt with in other ways, which I let the reader of this post imagine.

Now story does not need the "graphic" implements in order to be implemented, but I want the Flay, I want the Font of Putrescence, I want the flesh armour, I want to use the axes as a giant blender, in essence I want the gaming experience exactly the same as that absolutely marvellous game that blow me away when first I played it, in All its Greatness, in All its Glory, in All its Integrity. Any less would be an insult.

Now there are those that could happily play a, well... a Blood Omen's story based game, and they could sit and be quite pleased in the ignorant bliss of completing a first instalment of the series, BUT I have been tainted by Greatness of the original, so I could never be content with a game that would make a mockery of BO1 integrity...

For these "graphic things" are as much BO1 as Kain's death, as Kain's resurrection, as Kain's quest to be the scourge of the circle.

Gevaudan
26th Feb 2004, 17:38
We shall have to agree to disagree then i do not feel any weapon or item (with the one exception of the Soul Reaver, and the Heart of Darkness) from any of the LoK series is so important it couldn't not be used and still have the game be just as enjoyable.

Yes kain used all those things you said you wanted to use again in BO1 but if they weren't there the story wouldn't change any. In fact in a remake with proper leaping abilities from the rest of the LoK series you wouldn't even need the wolf form. Yet that still wouldn't affect the story. When you read recaps of the BO1 story no where does it mention getting flesh armor or becoming a wolf or anything because although they are part of the game because of it's engine design they are not part of the major story.

mortaniusgod
26th Feb 2004, 21:45
Blood Omen however does not it is a top down action game and rather old style of play at that.
I DO NOT AGREE AT ALL. And beside, you cannot say such a thing if you haven't played it.
And I agree with The Warrior Servant, the original BO1 is soooooo gory!!!!! I just finished playing it again, and I was surprised, I knew it was gory but I didn't recall it was SO gory, and oh my god, sometimes it gives you the creep. It definitely is a mature game, and none of the other games in the LOK serie comes even close to BO1.

warpsavant
27th Feb 2004, 00:48
The game was made in a different century, its time for some of you to move on. As has been pointed out, the game is cool how it is.

Gevaudan
27th Feb 2004, 01:59
you cannot say such a thing if you haven't played it

Please pay attention when you read posts. I never said i didn't play it i said i didn't play through AND finish it. I have played it about halfway but the old style graphics just turned me off of the game too much to continue. I had the same problem with Metal Gear Solid as i had already played part 2 to it and was spoiled by the good gameplay and graphics.

Again i say the gore is not "needed" to keep the story the same as it is no where in any writeup official or otherwise is even 1 part of the "Gore" even mentioned. It isn't mentioned because you don't need the gore to explain the story. Therefore it can easily be removed or toned down without ruining the story which is the main thing anyways.

Gevaudan
27th Feb 2004, 02:03
Also I will point out that if you played the game Postal 2 or even watched it you would see that the things in that game make BO1 gore .... even the idea of the gore ... seem like a Care Bears movie. That game was only rated M because despite there being a rating of AO "Adult Only" it has never been used despite how many games out there should have that rating.

So if Postal 2 can do the gore then BO1 Remake could do it just the same.

Jeffers
27th Feb 2004, 21:28
BO is very unlikely to be remade. BO is an old game and much of the story has been written into the other games, although not all of it has.

The age of BO has past, the series is moving on and although a lot of people haven't played it, a lot of people who get it now are probably unlikly to want to play it because of the retro graphics on it.

Games have moved on, if it was remade using any engine other then the original it would loose the whole effect. The story couldn't be created in the same way.

Anyway, this discussion has happend time and time again, and it is still no closer to becomming true so could people please search for a thread and continue the discussion there before opening yet another new one please?

Jeffers

Gevaudan
27th Feb 2004, 23:37
This was actually opened in another LoK section and was moved here. Enough people were talking about BO1 there i figured another topic was no biggy but it got moved here anyways ...

if it was remade using any engine other then the original it would loose the whole effect. The story couldn't be created in the same way.

and as i said and proved already that is just not the case sorry.

The Angel of Death
28th Feb 2004, 01:57
Originally posted by Jeffers
BO is very unlikely to be remade. BO is an old game and much of the story has been written into the other games, although not all of it has.

The age of BO has past, the series is moving on and although a lot of people haven't played it, a lot of people who get it now are probably unlikly to want to play it because of the retro graphics on it.

Games have moved on, if it was remade using any engine other then the original it would loose the whole effect. The story couldn't be created in the same way.

Anyway, this discussion has happend time and time again, and it is still no closer to becomming true so could people please search for a thread and continue the discussion there before opening yet another new one please?

Jeffers

i would hav 2 agree with Jeffers it 2 old but i wouldent mind if they do decide 2 remake it & if they do remake it i dont realy care what the engine it is

Jeffers
28th Feb 2004, 15:48
How can you remake a game with a completly different layout, meaning that a lot of the puzzles would have to be changed, and then call it the same game?

Jeffers

Gevaudan
28th Feb 2004, 17:43
The same way they remake any other game. Have you even played any remakes?

Look at the Metal Gear Solid remake it went from a top down game to a full blown 3D version with the same engine as MGS2. It worked out awesome.

The idea is not to make it the same game but give a different engine and more up to date 3D world with the same story. Things like the items Kain used and even the spells he used in some cases are not need. Hell you could even take away his wolf form and such none of that is part of the story it was just a means to get things done. In a 3D world kain could jump onto a ledge or over a counter by himself he doesn't need to be a wolf.

Thats the main idea you seem to be missing. It is about bringing a whole new audience to a wonderful story it isn't about pleasing the folk who already played it. Granted most of the folk who already played it would likely play it again to see the differences and to see the neat 3D effects and such. But generally it is mainly for the folks that just turned of age to play Mature games and can't get their hands on BO1 and even if they can they don't want to play it because it doesn't come close to comparing to the caliber of any game they have played yet.

ploppy1999
4th Mar 2004, 10:47
Do you think the powers that be should remake Blood Omen LOK, not to change the story just revamp the graphics etc?

AndaPanda
4th Mar 2004, 12:08
OMG this is like the 129847185th thread on this subject. Check the BO section. There are two of them there, if I'm not mistaken, and some in the LOK CC forum I think. Use that search button next time, and reply to other existing threads on the subject. Not to mention this thread has absolutely nothing to do with Defiance so why post it here? :rolleyes:

Umah Bloodomen
4th Mar 2004, 18:58
Indeed there are already thread(s) regarding this subject, however we don't need to be rude about pointing that out. (Simply linking to those threads will suffice).

Related-thread #1 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33977)

Related thread #2 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26690)

Thanks. :)

Bobman32x
9th Mar 2004, 09:03
I wouldnt Remake the engine of the game, because it really wouldnt be a remake, and more of a new game with the Excact same story. MGS:TTS remake is just a huge graphical update with extras and MGS2's Features. Its not like they reworked the Engine in a whole.
Metroid Zero Mission sorta fits here as well. Its the same game as the first, but adds all the new metroid features which the original can NEVER have, plus an Extra lenghth of the game in it (Theres still about 30% more of the game after you beat the Mother Brain, which was the NES version's Last Boss).
I think thats what should be done with a BO remake. Update graohics, add in some new featues such as spells or Armor and Weapons, Like the Bone Sword Maybe. Also change some of the games more boring moments into FMVs, like Kain's Assassination, and His Revenge after his ressurrection. Also Considering BO1 didnt have as uch deleted content as SR1, which Ben used for his April Fools Joke, BO1 could be remade and add new things like the Chess Match and such.
The BO1 engine was great. It was the Zelda Style 2-1/2 D Overhead view which worked perfectly. I think they should Beef up the game's

mortaniusgod
9th Mar 2004, 12:27
Please pay attention when you read posts. I never said i didn't play it i said i didn't play through AND finish it. I have played it about halfway but the old style graphics just turned me off of the game too much to continue. I had the same problem with Metal Gear Solid as i had already played part 2 to it and was spoiled by the good gameplay and graphics.

I feel sorry for you, honestly, because you give too much importance to the game's graphics.
You say that you care about the story, but then you said that BO1's graphics turned you off? So.... I assume that you were caught in the story.. and then one day you said "the hell with the story, I don't like the graphics, I won't play it anymore"....
that doesn't sound like you really care about the story to me.
Same with MGS... one of the games with the best plot ever.... and you stop playing it... because of the graphics.....
yeah... that's pretty "deep".

Gevaudan
10th Mar 2004, 07:05
There is a certain point where inferior gameplay and inferior graphics can turn you completely off a game no matter how intriguing a storyline is. You really WANT to continue playing but they inferior gameplay style and inferior graphics just make you not able to stand it.

With BO1 it isn't just the graphics it is the whole package. Everything about it is outdated ... i haven't seen a game with that kind of "Action" on many consoles at all ... in fact with a few minor changes BO1 could have probably been on the SNES ... which is even MORE of an inferior system. The bottom line is that when you look at thing like SR1 which was also on the same console and then to BO1 you wonder why they didn't use the full features of the console to make their game have the gameplay and graphics to match it's story. The ability was there they just didn't do it.

It is that which "turns me off" of the game not just the graphics.

Vilhehn
11th Mar 2004, 01:25
About all the gore of BO1, it is true that there is way worst, and today's society is monitering the violence but did not bane it, we all know that no matter how holy this ''wonderful'' society wants to look, violence is a big seller and producers know it. And it has been around 2 years that the idea of a remake of BO1 is discuss among this forum and mostly it is a welcomed idea for fans. Now I don't know about any statistic, but my opinion was n still is, if a non-familiarized of the series enjoyed let say Defiance, I believe that he would be inclined to try something ''new'' related to the series.
Also if you pay attention there is lots of remakes on the market, they already came up with a Metal Gear: Solid style MGS2:Sons of Liberty stating:''MGS like it was meant to be played'' so a remake of BO1 should not be disregard obviously after the conclusion of the whole series.
And YES I WANT IT!!!!!

mortaniusgod
12th Mar 2004, 08:56
There is a certain point where inferior gameplay and inferior graphics can turn you completely off a game no matter how intriguing a storyline is. You really WANT to continue playing but they inferior gameplay style and inferior graphics just make you not able to stand it.

With BO1 it isn't just the graphics it is the whole package. Everything about it is outdated ... i haven't seen a game with that kind of "Action" on many consoles at all ... in fact with a few minor changes BO1 could have probably been on the SNES ... which is even MORE of an inferior system. The bottom line is that when you look at thing like SR1 which was also on the same console and then to BO1 you wonder why they didn't use the full features of the console to make their game have the gameplay and graphics to match it's story. The ability was there they just didn't do it.

It is that which "turns me off" of the game not just the graphics.
I'm sorry, I don't agree with you.
I really don't understand how can you say that a game with decent graphics and one of the most interesting plots ever, belongs to SNES. It is one of the first games that uses the early features of Direct3D, (in PC, of course).
As for me, I can still play "castlevania II" and get a kick out of it. As much as I enjoy good graphics, a good plot is still first priority to me.

Gevaudan
15th Mar 2004, 18:32
Basically you can disagree your allowed but by the vote i set alone 16% of the votes are the only ones that say it would be a waste of money the rest say they would at least buy it regardless of their enthusiasm. So while you may feel that a remake is a waste of money your not the majority and in the end the majority is who the companies are selling to not the minorities.

Raptor666
15th Mar 2004, 18:51
Although I wouldn't mind a remake (jumping around cliffs as the lupine would probably be more entertaining in 3D :D), I enjoyed BO1 well enough regardless so not too bothered eitherway. It would be nice though.

Think it would take massive demand though, I mean Square-Enix could probably make a killing on a remake of FF7 but have made it clear (as is my understanding) that they won't unless the current versions become unplayable due to any future Playstation not being backwards-compatible.

Gevaudan
15th Mar 2004, 19:07
and there in lies another problem ... both for square-enix and CD. The Playstation 3 is already announced to only be backwards compatible to PS2 not PS1 so Blood Omen and FF7 and such won't be playable anymore unless the at least re-release them.

To tell you the truth even without a remake of blood omen i would be happy with a re-release of BO1. Currently it is really hard to find it and even if you do find it you either have to have a PS2 or PSX, or you have to have a PC. and the biggest reason why i want a re-release it FOR the PC. The current PC version does not work on anything above windows ME. Now yes there is that hacked EXE running around that fixes it to run on higher operating systems but not only does that mean CD has to rely on people searching various sites to play their game BUT even if you have that EXE if your processor is higher then 1.5 gigz you won't be able to play the game. So i would like to see a re-release of the original game at least so it is playable on computers nowadays.

GawdDawgs
25th Jun 2004, 02:51
This is mainly directed towards Chris@Crystal and Eidos, and I know that this subject has been brought up many times in the past, but I ask that you hear me out on this possible idea that I've been thinking about for a while.

I think a remake of the original Blood Omen game would be a good idea (as do many others). Now, I know that for now, the next LoK game will probably move forward with the series, but perhaps this could still be a possiblility, perhaps not for the next game, but at least one in the line up.

First and foremost, I know that the company says that they want to move forward with the series, instead of moving backward, and this is definitely understandable. However, with a series that relies so heavily on its past games, I think a remake of BO1 is in order. One common concern that the developers have had with this series since the days of SR2 is the gap between new comers and fans. Well, with BO1, you don't really have to worry about that at all. Both fans and new comers can come to it and thoroughly enjoy it, without any worry about having to buy 3 or 4 other games just to fully understand the story.

Now one common question might be this: Why remake it? There are several reasons:

1) - The original game is quite a bit difficult to locate at retailers. Your main option is to search the internet ala Ebay or Amazon, and even then it can be often difficult, and many gamers do not have credit cards.

2) - Playing a new game is much more appealing than reading 5 or 6 pages of the games history out of a manual (though I'm grateful for it, I think my point still stands)

3) - The graphics and loading times are pretty primitive. I understand that graphics do not make a game, but in this day and age, they can surely enhance the experience by quite a big margin. The loading times in the Playstation version of BO1 are terrible as well. For PC they are much better, but the PC version is practically impossible to find - both in stores and online.

4) - As mentioned above, there is practically no worry about trying to please both the fans and new comers (at least as far as story goes).

Another thing I'd like to point out is that BO1 is basically a 2D version of Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance/Champions of Norrath engine. I honestly think that BO1 could fit perfectly for this engine, and it is quite popular amongst gamers today. Champions of Norrath sold really well, and there are a few games that are mimicking it as well, ie - Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

As far as gameplay and disc space goes, I don't think that would be really too much of a problem, although I'm not a progammer. I know the game would be huge in 3D in some respects, but there could be some modifications made to help that. Perhaps get rid of some of the secrets/areas and put in some new ones, just for the remake. The FMV's might be a different story. You could either use the in game graphics for them, the original FMVs from the first game, or new FMVs all together. Also, with games like Dark Alliance/Champions of Norrath, some of the disc space is taken up by character creation tools and spells. If BO1 were on that engine you wouldn't really have to worry about that, because Kain remains consistent, except for the different armors and such.

I know I'll probably be shot down for this (namely by blincoln, lol, sorry I'm bringing this from the GameFAQs forums) but I really don't think it's that far out of the question. The story for BO1 would remain the same, and heck, I bet even the voice overs wouldn't have to be redone really, unless desired. I know this is probably just wishful thinking, but I think it would really be a good idea, both for gamers, and even financially. Even if it's not the next game in the lineup, I think it should be done. Again, I know I'll probably be shot down, but this is a forum and I wanted to bring this topic up, especially since the last I heard, Eidos was reviewing its options.

rambo3
25th Jun 2004, 07:28
I don't think Eidos will be spending money on such a remake, because remaking a game so old won't be easy. Anyway, "not necessary, but if it was remade, I'd definitely buy it."

Analand
25th Jun 2004, 11:17
That will be great !:)

But it's a dream.

So, I will buy it;)

Smoke_Z
25th Jun 2004, 14:52
I don't think it should be remade in 3D. It probably does need to be republished again in the coming years.

But.... What sort of reprograming is required to port it to a portable system? If it's a huge undertaking, I understand that they wouldn't do it because it's not cost-effective. I don't even know what sort of capacity the portable systems have, maybe the dialogue would be a problem.

Btw, is the PC version easier to deal with than the PS version? I found out that it's the menus that are causing me the most frustration.

DarkMassacre
25th Jun 2004, 15:05
Hell yeah I'd love to see a remake of Blood Omen. Though I love the original a remake would be nice. But I'll never forgot the old one. The one that started it all.

HyldenGuard
25th Jun 2004, 16:16
Simply... No!

I do not think that it needs to be remade, it was fine how it was to the best of my recollection. However I think it definatly needs re-releasing as it's virtually impossible to get it nowadays!

GawdDawgs
25th Jun 2004, 19:16
The game for the PC is sooo much better than PS. The loading times on the PS version take 6 to 10 seconds, which can add up to be a hella long time real quick. On the PC, the loading takes 1 to 2 seconds. Compared to the PS version, the PC version's load times are a blessing.

And you know, I understand the game doesn't have to be remade into 3D, and the graphics wouldn't necessarily be the only thing that would be updated. I just think it would be a good thing to do, especially considering the problem of trying to please both fans and newbs. And in this day and age, a lot of new comers are probably turned off by the original BO1 just because of how old it is. Champions of Norrath, which has surprisingly similar gameplay, is probably much more appealing to most gamers.

Like I said, it's wishful thinking, but I think it's a good idea and one they should at least consider for the future. Maybe as a 10 year anniversary or something, in 2006 (BO1 came out in 1996, right?)

Cloud_Hiro
26th Jun 2004, 06:05
I would definately want to se a Re-releace of Blood Omen. Its just simpily such a great game. Of course, I wouldnt mind a remake of it with BO2 level or Defiance level graphics, but Id prefer the the origional way it was made. (unless they made it like another game I know: Like if you play through the 3D blood omen and beat it, you can unlock the origional 2D blood omen in a option screen)

But, if they remake BO the way it was origionaly was, I would like it if a few things were changed, like:

-changed voices for the pillar guardians so they have their "current" voices (AKA-Mortanius because his old voice is now being used by the elder god)

-Update the FMV sequences so the characters look like their current character designs (like the Kain in the BO FMV sequences is changed to look like his BO2 character design and such)

-removal of the bugs some enemies have (like sometimes when fighting enemies, they kind of run into kain and follow him, in the same spot kain is standing on, im shure this happened to everyone who played this game)

-take the "load game" selection out of the "options" menu and put it on the main menu

WraithStar
28th Jun 2004, 16:10
I don't know whether or not they will rerelease or remake BO1, but I'd buy it in either case (I can't find a copy anywhere). First of all, I want to get a copy and second I would hope to get it working on Windows XP. In any case, I'd buy it if I saw it.

Redeemer_and_Destroyer
30th Jun 2004, 20:07
I loved Blood Omen, it really captured me, especially after playing SR1... it gave me a deeper insight into Kain, and I actually realised that he was a nice guy after all.
C'mon Eidos, give it a go! What harm can it do?

KainOFthehylden
30th Jun 2004, 21:13
Originally posted by Redeemer_and_Destroyer
C'mon Eidos, give it a go! What harm can it do?
Umm..I dunno, maybe some millions of dollars loss??:p

kakarot
5th Jul 2004, 05:40
Originally posted by Zephonsfate
well, we know that we are getting another installment in the future (near or distant). So in the meantime, why doesn't Crystal team up with a good and talented company to produce BO, SR, SR2, and Defiance as an animated series. It would really be great as a Final Fantasy: Spriits Within style of animation. I cannot tell you the popularity or the success in doing such a thing. First you have all the LoK fans who will purchase it. Second, you have all the fans of those types of movies no matter what they are about. It would draw in a huge crowd for the next game perhaps. I would personally love to see a remake of BO1, but I really do not see that occuring because it simply would be huge undertaking if they would really want to touch it up.
^^^^^^
i still think the above is the best post on this thread.

HyldenGuard
5th Jul 2004, 10:01
Originally posted by kakarot
^^^^^^
i still think the above is the best post on this thread.

I agree! And it SHOULD be made into a movie, though I'm not sure about a TV series cus LoK has a limited storyline and as we've seen, those TV series can go on forever! I also think that if anything the movie ought to be done in the same style as Defiance, OR the style the opening scene in SR2 was done!

Validus
5th Jul 2004, 18:45
A movie out of any of the games could leave out important parts because of the time limitation or screw up some of the details. If there's any movie out about it, I wouldn't mind it being as the next sequel to the game. That way it won't only be something for people who have't played the game to wow about, but it will give those of us who've played every game something new to wow at too. So long as it's not crap.

HyldenGuard
12th Jul 2004, 09:24
Then you get problems with the story however! I pesonally think that they should either make a film for eacvh game, which would mean years of waiting :( Or maybe they could do a "Legacy of Kain" series, where in the first series it tells the story of BO then maybe the 2nd would be the rise of Kain's empire, Third SR, fourth SR2, Fifth Defiance, 6rth maybe BO2 or something :S

Marconius
14th Jul 2004, 16:40
I have it and it's a great game. Not sure if it'll run anymore on my XP machine. But if they could make it up to date so it'll run, I'd definitely buy another copy. Very good game! :cool:

khorne
14th Jul 2004, 17:16
Originally posted by Cloud_Hiro
-take the "load game" selection out of the "options" menu and put it on the main menu

y theirs no point, is it realy that hard 2 go 2 options then load the game from their

WraithStar
14th Jul 2004, 19:38
Having "load" in the options menu sounds weird. If they do decide to rerelease the game and can move it to the main menu without much work, why not? The options menu is for game settings like video and sound. It has nothing to do with how easy or hard it is to load, it's just on general principle of what we've come to expect from game interfaces.

THE Mac
16th Jul 2004, 07:12
Yes it should be remade... it would give the programmers a chance to let everyone see the original in the same light as Blood Omen 2.

Some may think it is a step backwards, but is actually 2 steps foward
because they would be revisiting an old friend a learning new skills and tricks to addapt to the new generation of game consoles... and the design team would still have work to do, even though the main designs are already done.

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/gss/lokdefiance/downloads/aimicon009.gif

THE Mac
16th Jul 2004, 17:00
Yes it should be remade... it would give the programmers a chance to let everyone see the original in the same light as Blood Omen 2.

Some may think it is a step backwards, but is actually 2 steps foward
because they would be revisiting an old friend a learning new skills and tricks to addapt to the new generation of game consoles... and the design team would still have work to do, even though the main designs are already done.

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/gss/lokdefiance/downloads/aimicon010.gif

apollo440
17th Jul 2004, 07:51
Guys...
I would like to see it , you know I'm crazy about everything concerning LoK , yet I never played nor seen Blood Omen 1 , do you guys know a place where I can get some screenshots of it??!?

I really want to see a remake version of it....I want to play it...

THE Mac
18th Jul 2004, 12:50
Originally posted by apollo440
Guys...
I would like to see it , you know I'm crazy about everything concerning LoK , yet I never played nor seen Blood Omen 1 , do you guys know a place where I can get some screenshots of it??!?

The ansawers that you seek can be found at the following link...

http://www.nosgoth.net/

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/gss/lokdefiance/downloads/aimicon010.gif

coldflames
26th Jul 2004, 01:39
Guys...

just 10 minutes ago, i found my Blood Omen 1 game in my garage! woohoo! ive been lookin for it since i moved here! (abotu 3 months ago) but yeah i would definatelly LOVE to see a remake of BO1!

babifrence
27th Jul 2004, 00:16
Hiya Peeps,

Guys...

I'll give you something better dude ;). Here is a BO1 review as well as a small 10MB demo: -

http://downloads.ugo.com/details.php/id/1659/

PEACE OUT !!!

apollo440
27th Jul 2004, 06:10
Hey dude....
THank yu babifrence....u o me.....
I think it'll take a lfetime to download this file from here.....the download here sucks....

Apollo

babifrence
27th Jul 2004, 16:54
Hiya Peeps,

Hey dude....
THank yu babifrence....u o me.....
I think it'll take a lfetime to download this file from here.....the download here sucks....

Apollo

You are very welcome dude, but I dont get how I owe you, I though it was the other way around ;).

Even though I own all the games, I downloaded the BO1 demo and because im on dial-up it took around an hour (45 mins approx) to download.

I also bought BO1 again off ebay :D, lol !!! Im gonna resell it on ebay to get more cash for it. Im thinking of buying BO2 and Defiance so I can sell it as a collection. I might wait for LoK: 6 and then buy 2 copies and sell the other game as part of the final collection ?

PEACE OUT !!!

card
27th Jul 2004, 17:05
i still think a remake would be great. main reason: two more LoK games on schedule (that's if lok6 will be the last one, if not, then 3/4/... games)
redo the engine and the graphics, same maps, items and weapons. they could keep the fmvs, but redone ones would be nice too. and the voice acting could be changed too.

babifrence
27th Jul 2004, 17:16
Hiya Peeps,

Originally posted by card
i still think a remake would be great. main reason: two more LoK games on schedule (that's if lok6 will be the last one, if not, then 3/4/... games)
redo the engine and the graphics, same maps, items and weapons. they could keep the fmvs, but redone ones would be nice too. and the voice acting could be changed too.

Change the voice acting :confused: :D :p ;) ..... never !!!

I bet you can tell im all emotional now, hehe :p.

PEACE OUT !!!

mortaniusgod
27th Jul 2004, 17:23
the releasing of games like "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." make the idea of a full 3D rendered nosgoth sound not so crazy...

DMraider
2nd Aug 2004, 13:04
It doesnt have to be 3D.

It could also be:

- Additional spells, weapons, armors.
- Kain talks more
- You can go to the vampire citadel or just some extra areas.
- Fight guardian of the states. And when u almost killed him he runs
- Improved graphics with good framerate.
- No loading times and when u enter an Important location u see like a big picture of the pillars (same with Bo2 when u play a new chapter but u dont have to wait to finish it loading)
- Some extra music and enemies.
- Less heart of Darkness, flay and that sort of weapons to find. Weaken that shield spell and the card that gave u infinite magic for half a mins. Just some balancing.

Thats it. u let 10 people work on it for a year and u have it.

ShadowFeared
4th Aug 2004, 17:51
The only kind of remake I could support would be the updating of the original game so that it was compatible with all the present operating systems without the need of patching and then re-release the game for general sale.

Anything else to me would be a waste of time, I'd rather they got on and made new high quality games for the series. :)

DMraider
5th Aug 2004, 00:13
Originally posted by ShadowFeared
The only kind of remake I could support would be the updating of the original game so that it was compatible with all the present operating systems without the need of patching and then re-release the game for general sale.

Anything else to me would be a waste of time, I'd rather they got on and made new high quality games for the series. :)

Deep inside you and me both know we want a BO1 remake more than anything else.;)

We could keep it even more simply than in my post before.

- good framerate
- no loading times
- 1 extra spell, armor and weapon
- Couple of new soundtracks
- 10 new enemies
- 2 game modes: easy, the game as Bo1 is now and hard: alot less HoD and other magic and special items like flay to find
- Some extra talk of Kain
- Bonus Materials

Maybe except for the first 2 things it doesnt take alot of work.

STill improved graphics would be cool.
I should say: keep it 2D or it takes 1000 years to make

babifrence
5th Aug 2004, 16:36
Hiya Peeps,

I probably have one more issue to discuss in this thread which is to basically correct any existing bugs and what ShadowFeared said :D.

The only thing I really wanna see fixed is the speed up and speed down issues corrected, the fact that the Soul Reaver mouse icon is a little fuzzy and thats it.

My requests are small. How can you modify or recreate such an incredible game. I still think it would be incredible in 3D but you have to think that if the puzzles that were in 2D and recreated in 3D it would seem very childlike.

Consider this: -

1) Most puzzles require you to press/pull a switch or for Kain to step over some kind of foot switch.

2) Blood Omen 2 was actually a very BO1 to 3D game as it could get. Most people didnt like BO2 so it would be very difficult to fund a game that would easily get mullered before the game set off.

3) BO2's puzzles were pretty easy - much like BO1's puzzles, but it had its own character, buggy gaming being one of them :p.

4) Most of the issues that correlated BO1 to BO2 in the story sense is very distorted but I honestly believe that a souped up version with a Defiance engine would be the futuristic remake of BO1 that we all want.

Never-the-less, these are things CD/Eidos will probably consider when the LoK saga nears its eon :D.

PEACE OUT !!!

DB)Diablo
10th Aug 2004, 19:00
(hi guys.... new to the forums.... altho ive looked thru here a bit :p )

sounds like a great idea, id love to see it.......

and im not entirely sure if its possible, but it may be able to be done on compy version..... but then it most likely be illegal and only the maker of it can view it :P

altho ive yet to see a site with BO2 computer version modifications so its prob impossible anyways, but maybe some kinda megabrain modder can make his own personal BO1 mod for his BO2 on PC X_x

P.S. if you looked at the above and wanna yell at me or somthin.... I HAVE THE GC VERSION AND FOR GOD SAKES I HARDLY KNOW A THING ABOUT LoK AND UHHHHHH..... ...... where do i find BO2 cheats for the GameCube version? :p

Tails_nightwatcher
17th Aug 2004, 03:10
yeah id love it too, as long as it had better graphics, and nothing was added or taken out. Plus it would have more IN-GAME Codes.

Dethbunny
9th Sep 2004, 14:23
While I would love to see it updated I think it wouldn't turn out as good as the original.

Petrif-Eye
14th Sep 2004, 05:08
An excellent idea. They could also add some new enemy bosses, like a CGI Jabba, or even have Mobius shoot first! They could also jerk out the old ghost of Ariel that nobody knows, and put Hayden Christensen in her place. Then, at the very end of the game, we'd have a nice little cinema going to another part of the planet and get to see Jar Jar and the rest of the Gungans go "Weesa Free!!". Have a ball!!

greengoblin
15th Sep 2004, 13:17
while a 3d version would be great i do see the problems. I loved bo1 but while it had a great story it wasn't told well. half the time i knew what i had to do but didnt really know why. if it was remake with a new script i'd be happy

ycdeo
16th Sep 2004, 11:28
oh come on. just go ahead and do a blood omen in 3D. add some new story line to it. give it a third person perspective view and give the characters in the game a inventory with the ability to shop and converse , fight and upgrade their weapons, throw in some party members which allows (members recruitment) into the game. i think eidos will succeed .

garbagefanuk
16th Sep 2004, 14:59
Alternativly, we can just go play Final Fantasy 7 and pretend Cloud is a Vampire? Be quicker than waiting for Eidos to release what you want and its basicly what u want this new LoK game to be :)

liquidsnakeray
21st Aug 2005, 06:42
What do you think if they would make a 3D Blood Omen 1 Remake? I would appreciate it :D

Kazame
21st Aug 2005, 07:12
If it'd be anything like BO2, I wouldn't play it.

...sigh.. well, i admit I would but only so I can say I played it.. I probably wouldn't really enjoy it that much.. you get my drift.

wozompir
21st Aug 2005, 11:14
I think it'll be great but i don't think that they will remake BO1 until they finish LoK story arc...

rabban
21st Aug 2005, 23:13
this is a very old song...

i'd like it if they created a lok game like mk deception a game that covers all the culture of lok you know?...i mean the portion of the game called konquest is what i'd assume a remake of bo1 would be like but it would only be considered a small portion of the entire lok game.

Gabriel Edson
22nd Aug 2005, 02:13
What do you think if they would make a 3D Blood Omen 1 Remake? I would appreciate it :D
yes, that would be nice. unfortunately, theres about a 99% chance it wont happen. were already looking at the possibility that there will never be another LOK game, so its even less likely that theyll do a remake of BO1. :(

Tragos
15th Sep 2005, 20:49
No 3d needed, I'd just like a re-release of the original but with better load times and some of the lagging issues addressed.

Now and then I get an itch to play the whole thing from start to finish. Then I stop when I remember how much time in B.O.1 was spent waiting for the menus to load or even just for an attack to land if there was more than two enemies on-screen.

Gabriel Edson
15th Sep 2005, 21:36
you can try to find the pc version (same as ps1 but MUCH shorter load times). its rare, though, and youll probably have to pay $30+ for it...

Guardian OF The Reaver
15th Sep 2005, 23:01
I'd kinda like it, just to see how it would pan out,

DMraider
21st Sep 2005, 20:30
bad news then.

the BO1 remake a team including myself were doing has recently died due to the tools we were using (the Aurora editor delivered with the game Neverwinter Nights). these tools allow no custom models, sounds, movies, or tilesets, which makes it impossible to do.

sorry..

lol it would take you about 30 years to make BO1 in 3D anyway. And why not get a better editor?

And hey why remake BO1 in 3d? Why not keep it as it is only greatly improved graphics, no loading times, 60fps, maybe add a few spells and some story and were done!

rabban
22nd Sep 2005, 06:51
lol it would take you about 30 years to make BO1 in 3D anyway. And why not get a better editor?

i beg to differ...if someone can make gta:san andreas then someone can make bo1...with all the buildings and all the eras...