PDA

View Full Version : Struggling In Final Battle ***SPOILERS***

Chosen1
1st Jul 2013, 00:43
As much as I try to defeat young Xehanort it just won't happen. I'm playing on Hard and seem to always struggle once I drain his health down to zero. Anyone have any good tips or strategies on defeating him when second part of the battle commences?

Gemmie12_Blansive
1st Jul 2013, 01:26
I have a hard time defeating him on JUST PLAIN EASY!

Chosen1
1st Jul 2013, 03:12

Lol I mean it's hard enough to beat just him, but when the hourglass time thingy appears in the middle, THAT'S when it gets tough. The one time I got so close to winning, Xehanort - moving with the speed of light - does one move and I'm dead.. -.-

Gemmie12_Blansive
1st Jul 2013, 03:36

Lol I mean it's hard enough to beat just him, but when the hourglass time thingy appears in the middle, THAT'S when it gets tough. The one time I got so close to winning, Xehanort - moving with the speed of light - does one move and I'm dead.. -.-

That's also true for me, while during the time I should be focusing on the stopwatch, I'm trying to focus Riku on taking care of him which resulted in me trying to bring down his HP back down to zero, consuming all avalible potions, Hi-potions, and ethers.

Bobguy117
1st Jul 2013, 07:13
You need to equip dark roll and dark barrier, it makes the fight so much easier

Chosen1
1st Jul 2013, 13:58

Lol I mean it's hard enough to beat just him, but when the hourglass time thingy appears in the middle, THAT'S when it gets tough. The one time I got so close to winning, xehanort - moving with the speed of light - does one move and I'm dead.. -.-

That's also true for me, while during the time I should be focusing on the stopwatch, I'm trying to focus Riku on taking care of him which resulted in me trying to bring down his HP back down to zero, consuming all avalible potions, Hi-potions, and ethers.

That seems almost impossible though. I can't even imagine trying to go after him while the stopwatch is there, because if you don't the whole battle just resets from the start and young xehanort regains all his health back - which really sucks.

Chosen1
1st Jul 2013, 14:00
You need to equip dark roll and dark barrier, it makes the fight so much easier

I've heard that too, but also long range seems to make it easier while your worrying about not getting hit by him.

Bobguy117
1st Jul 2013, 23:32

Lol I mean it's hard enough to beat just him, but when the hourglass time thingy appears in the middle, THAT'S when it gets tough. The one time I got so close to winning, xehanort - moving with the speed of light - does one move and I'm dead.. -.-

That seems almost impossible though. I can't even imagine trying to go after him while the stopwatch is there, because if you don't the whole battle just resets from the start and young xehanort regains all his health back - which really sucks.

He never actually gets all his health back, only a little bit of it. The main trick once you get him to the hourglass phase is to use Dark Barrier and Dark Roll to block and avoid all of his attacks until he stops attacking, as he does eventually stop attacking, usually after his barrage of leaping "x" attacks. He stops attacking for around 30-60 seconds, which is more than enough time to deplete all of his HP, but if you're unable to do that, the battle "restarts," except xehanort has MUCH less health, and that's true for his hourglass form the second time as well. In fact, the amount of health he has in his hourglass form the second time around is so low it is almost impossible not to deplete it in the 30-60 seconds after he stops attacking. It's entirely possible to beat him at level 1, so as long as you are able to avoid his attacks (preferably with dark barrier and dark roll, the most amazing abilities ever imagined) the time limit really shouldn't be an issue at all.

Chosen1
2nd Jul 2013, 01:01

He never actually gets all his health back, only a little bit of it. The main trick once you get him to the hourglass phase is to use Dark Barrier and Dark Roll to block and avoid all of his attacks until he stops attacking, as he does eventually stop attacking, usually after his barrage of leaping "x" attacks. He stops attacking for around 30-60 seconds, which is more than enough time to deplete all of his HP, but if you're unable to do that, the battle "restarts," except xehanort has MUCH less health, and that's true for his hourglass form the second time as well. In fact, the amount of health he has in his hourglass form the second time around is so low it is almost impossible not to deplete it in the 30-60 seconds after he stops attacking. It's entirely possible to beat him at level 1, so as long as you are able to avoid his attacks (preferably with dark barrier and dark roll, the most amazing abilities ever imagined) the time limit really shouldn't be an issue at all.

Excellent! So do I just mainly focus my attacks on him whenever he stops? Or do I attack the hourglass first? I'd like to know before I attempt another go at it.

Bobguy117
2nd Jul 2013, 10:14
Definitely hold off your attacks until he stops attacking. It's possible to beat him while he's attacking, but it's unimaginably difficult. Also the doublefight ability is useful for dodging some of his attacks.

Chosen1
2nd Jul 2013, 14:21
Definitely hold off your attacks until he stops attacking. It's possible to beat him while he's attacking, but it's unimaginably difficult. Also the doublefight ability is useful for dodging some of his attacks.

I get that part. What I would like to know is when he stops attacking do I go for him or the hourglass lol

member_10827566
2nd Jul 2013, 15:00
Well, in my commands I had two curagas which helped me sooo much during the final bosses, especially xehanort.

Chosen1
2nd Jul 2013, 22:20
Well, in my commands I had two curagas which helped me sooo much during the final bosses, especially xehanort.

Sometimes I just get mixed up with choosing commands and at the same time try to evade his attacks.. This is why I wanted the T-Rex as my dreameater :/

Bobguy117
3rd Jul 2013, 16:19

I get that part. What I would like to know is when he stops attacking do I go for him or the hourglass lol

I don't think you can attack his little shadow clones if that's what you're asking about. The only thing in the second phase of the battle that takes any damage is the hourglass.

Bobguy117
3rd Jul 2013, 16:20

Sometimes I just get mixed up with choosing commands and at the same time try to evade his attacks.. This is why I wanted the T-Rex as my dreameater :/

T-Rex actually isn't as good as you'd hope. I'd say the two best ones for combat are the ryu dragon and lord kyroo, also flowbermeow and meowjesty are very good for healing

Gemmie12_Blansive
3rd Jul 2013, 19:32
I guess I'l try those even though I will have to get the stuff for them though, but i'll try.

Chosen1
3rd Jul 2013, 20:55

T-Rex actually isn't as good as you'd hope. I'd say the two best ones for combat are the ryu dragon and lord kyroo, also flowbermeow and meowjesty are very good for healing

Maybe that's what I'm missing, either flowbermeow or meowjesty to heal me in battle. The two that I use are Aura Lion & Keeba Tiger.

Chosen1
3rd Jul 2013, 21:10

I don't think you can attack his little shadow clones if that's what you're asking about. The only thing in the second phase of the battle that takes any damage is the hourglass.

Gotcha. I thought you meant to deplete his health once he stops attacking. Last time when the hourglass appeared, I dual linked both of my dream eaters and went straight for it but I don't recall xehanort ever stopping.. The hourglass timed out and it made me start from the beginning again.

Bobguy117
3rd Jul 2013, 23:59
Don't ever link, it only makes you more vulnerable. And yes, that's exactly what I mean. Once he stops attacking, just mash commands at the hourglass.

Chosen1
4th Jul 2013, 13:15
Don't ever link, it only makes you more vulnerable. And yes, that's exactly what I mean. Once he stops attacking, just mash commands at the hourglass.

Yeah, I found out the hard way. Thanks!

Chosen1
4th Jul 2013, 23:30
Success! I was able to defeat him and Sora's nightmare at the end :)

Thanks to the dark roll & barrier abilities you guys mentioned, it seemed fairly easy.

Bobguy117
5th Jul 2013, 10:50
Congratulations!