PDA

View Full Version : Trace the Courier second key?

Old Man
5th Nov 2003, 01:34
I've been playing through Thief II with the Ultimate Difficulty Mod. I took the time while in the cemetery to get over the wall and get the two golden goblets. BTW, you can mantle up onto the two headstones directly opposite the cemetery entrance and then mantle up and over the wall. No boxes necessary. Anyhow, I noticed a grey key on the floor amongst the flowerpots near the two goblets. What is this key for? I'm running around town but can't seem to find a spot for it. The next mission?

And I'm short one pocket having 14 of 16. Might this key solve this problem as well?

Peter_Smith
5th Nov 2003, 05:50
As I recall, and it has been a while, that key is good for nothing. Just a teaser.

Gumdrop
5th Nov 2003, 15:39
Is it in the exact same place every time? It is probably a leftover from some abandoned part. That would aslo explain the pickpocket count, assuming you cannot find any more belts to frob. I have had the same problem with the count in my FM's. Purging the mission didn't help. :confused:

Cool find though. :)

Old Man
5th Nov 2003, 20:16
Well, I've thought some on the pocket count. Pretty sure I've clobbered everyone. Could the missing pocket be the letter that Mosley and the Pagan carry around? I've tried to grab it but it won't highlight while they're carrying it. Is the automatic pocket count dynamic? If I Ctrl-Alt-Shift-End when the letter is lying on the ground might the maximum be one less?

And I'm still working on the key. Still haven't found anything. The key has always been at that spot every time I've gone to get it. Even with restarts.

Gumdrop
5th Nov 2003, 20:52
My mind is slipping here. I completely forgot about Mosley (geez... wasn't I married to her at one point?! :eek: ) so that would most definitely count the letter as one pocket. I can't think how they would go about fixing it so that the letter wasn't counted. probably didn't even cross their minds at the time.

You did say 14 out of 16, so you still come up one short. Probably a leftover like I said. But still, if you were to find something. Man...
:cool:

Old Man
5th Nov 2003, 21:37
There's a body upstairs over the cemetery. You know, that apartment with the balcony the crossbow gal shoots the pagan from. But his pockets are empty. Must be the gravedigger. There's a shovel and a pick-axe in his room. What was Miss Crossbow doing up there in his apartment anyway? Plus the three zombies. Don't recall zombies ever having anything in their pockets.

Pipa2
19th Nov 2003, 18:37
I think the key is ofr the door near to the cemetery, the one that is locked. Try it there.

Old Man
19th Nov 2003, 20:22
Originally posted by Pipa2
I think the key is ofr the door near to the cemetery, the one that is locked. Try it there.

Not sure which door you're referring to. I've tried the key on the two doors near the cemetery entrance that the Mechanists come out of, and all the crypts in the cemetery too btw. Nothing. The only way I've been able to open those two doors is to be skulking nearby when the Mechanists come out and to hold the door open when they try to close it behind them.

Pipa2
20th Nov 2003, 01:44
The only way I've been able to open those two doors is to be skulking nearby when the Mechanists come out and to hold the door open when they try to close it behind them.

Yeah me too. But I never found that key, so I thought maybe it was for that door. Well then, I dont know... I played that mission a long ago. I am thinking it might be a teaser...