PDA

View Full Version : Subtle Matrix / Deus Ex connection

Machinax
2nd Nov 2003, 06:10
Okay, let me start this in order;

On October 30, I went to a presentation hosted by Robert Hastings. He's a UFOlogist who goes from place to place, offering evidence that the United States government was, and is, involved in a massive conspiracy regarding alien lifeforms and their presence here on Earth. He showed the audience some declassified FBI documents to drive his point home. It was a very eye-opening and interesting presentation.

Before and after the presentation, I had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Hastings. He asked me of my interest in the matter, and without directly mentioning Deus Ex, I did let him know of my "research" into Majestic-12, and Area 51/Hangar 18 (yep, I have actually researched them). Anyway, he was surprised I knew of Majestic-12, and agreed with the popular consensus that the group was created as part of a smear-campaign by the government to ridicule the growing UFO belief in the 1950s (something I already knew by reading an article on Planet Deus Ex).

Either way, the whole presentation thingie interested me enough to do a little more research on the topic of MJ-12. Interestingly enough, when I checked the FBI records for a list of their declassification of documents (under the Freedom of Information Act), there was nothing on Majestic-12 - not even a document saying that it doesn't exist (although there was another site that claimed such a document existed).

Anyhow, one of the other sites I checked was which had a [i]ton of information on everything - the Illuminati, Majestic-12, the Bilderberg Group, and the Knights Templar. Check this out:

"Even though the Templars swore allegiance to the Pope, their beliefs were not exactly orthodox. They believed that Jesus Christ had conceived three children with Mary Magdalene, who moved to France after the crucifixion. Their progeny married into royalty; hence, there existed members of the French nobility who had divine blood in their veins. The Knights Templar eventually dedicated themselves to protecting the lives of these descendants of Jesus, the Merovingians."

()

Does anyone remember the Merovingian from [i]The Matrix Reloaded? He's described as a very dangerous program that is holding the Keymaker hostage. He was the French dude that gave that whole speech on "cause and effect", and who escapes Neo after the fight in the mansion. He's also in the trailer for The Matrix Revolutions (which comes out in a few days, that's gonna rock).

So...there you have it. A connection. Why the Merovingian is called as he is in the movie, I have no idea. Hopefully, the idea will be more fully fleshed out in the final movie. But...yeah. The connection.

Random
2nd Nov 2003, 10:44
Um. Machinax. I don't care if that website does have good information. Surely you know it's not appropriate on this forum. I'll assume it was an honest mistake ...

BornIn1142
2nd Nov 2003, 11:03
That's very interesting information, actually But you missed the more obvious connection: Trenchcoats and sunglasses :D

DarkForge
2nd Nov 2003, 11:09
Yeah, and the fact that the game has optional Matrix-vision! :D

Machinax
2nd Nov 2003, 16:42
Originally posted by Random
Um. Machinax. I don't care if that website does have good information. Surely you know it's not appropriate on this forum. I'll assume it was an honest mistake ...

Well, uh....I forgot/didn't know that the website in question had inappropriate content. My bad, I'm sorry. Thanks for letting me know.

Big Ragu
2nd Nov 2003, 16:48
Originally posted by DarkForge
Yeah, and the fact that the game has optional Matrix-vision! :D

I could never get that to work!

Big Ragu
2nd Nov 2003, 17:26
Originally posted by Machinax

Interestingly enough, when I checked the FBI records for a list of their declassification of documents (under the Freedom of Information Act), there was nothing on Majestic-12 - not even a document saying that it doesn't exist

http://foia.fbi.gov/majestic.htm. That's what I found on the fbi website.

The Shotgun Messiah
3rd Nov 2003, 02:09
Originally posted by Big Ragu
I could never get that to work!
While in game press ESC and play credits. Type "thereisnospoon" while there are playing. Return to game.

go1dfish
3rd Nov 2003, 02:10
It has been said many times that Deus Ex was at one time supposed to be a decendent of Christ, maybe this was the original reason for the Knights Templar mission.

DarkForge
3rd Nov 2003, 10:21
Originally posted by The Shotgun Messiah
While in game press ESC and play credits. Type "thereisnospoon" while there are playing. Return to game.

You can also type it in when you play the credits straight from the main screen, to get an actually pretty nifty-looking DX logo in MatrixVision. ;) You'd have to type it again once you load your game though.

annihilating rage
5th Nov 2003, 16:32
hi, u no deus ex is very complex in its sense of conspirces MJ12 is actually ment 2 b a group of dicument that prove aliens exist. It "went missing" and it was the only proof needed to uncover aliens (probablly fakes and lies)

annihilating rage
5th Nov 2003, 16:40
am i allowed to post a website on this fourm? it is relavant to what is being discussed

Catman
5th Nov 2003, 17:18
Originally posted by annihilating rage
am i allowed to post a website on this fourm? it is relavant to what is being discussed As long as the site itself does not violate forum rules, feel free.

Bio Denton
8th Nov 2003, 15:39
You researched MJ12?

I'm not even going to comment on the implications of your mental state.

Machinax
9th Nov 2003, 07:58
Hah. After playing the game, I researched Area 51, MJ-12, the Illuminati, the Trilateral Commission, and the consumability of soy food. Blech.

Cerpin Taxt
10th Nov 2003, 16:19
Originally posted by Machinax
Hah. After playing the game, I researched Area 51, MJ-12, the Illuminati, the Trilateral Commission, and the consumability of soy food. Blech.

I did the same, except for soy food. O_o

I was curious, to see what they had taken as threads and tied as a story. Some of it's rather preposterous (especially the Illuminati stuff) but obviously there are real groups today like the Trilateral Commission, the CFR, and so on. It's all really interesting, until you realize you can't do a lick of a thing about it, and then you go back to the video game.

annihilating rage
10th Nov 2003, 17:27
did ne1 ave 2 research lock picking? i did i learnt how 2 do it

annihilating rage
10th Nov 2003, 17:30
wots worng wit researching things in da game? ne way i didnt actually research MJ12 its just sumthing i came across in a book (no relation to this subject)

annihilating rage
27th Nov 2003, 16:46
here is that website http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/

LiQUiD
6th Dec 2003, 11:28
I dont' get it, what was inappropriate about those sites?
I came in after they had been removed, and cannot think what the reason for removing them was:confused:

What was in them:confused:

ikiceman
7th Dec 2003, 08:25
whatever similiarities may exist between deus ex and the matrix are pure coincidence, Warren Spector says so himself in an interview that you can find on shacknews, or download off file planet. deus ex was in developement long before the matrix came out, so there isn't really any connection, and one didn't influence the other. as for the knights templar, the book "the davinchi code" has a lot of information about them.

Masai
7th Dec 2003, 21:17
The Knights Templar and "The DaVinci Code" is a very interesting subject. I'm reading the book now. One thing I can believe is that history discredited MM because of the subhuman status of women during those times. In ther minds, no woman should have been that close to the son of God, truth is, she was!!!!!!

I'm a Deus Ex series fanatic for life!!!!:cool: