PDA

View Full Version : my ideas on the soul reaver and how to bypass the "fates" (spoiler alert maybe)

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
1st Nov 2003, 15:21
first of all, this is my second username, the first didn't work and the support were no help at all, so i had to create a second one.

anywho, in the start of soul reaver 2, mobeous's staff disables the reaver in raziel, which as we find out from the end of the game, is raziel's soul. if that is so, then raziel would be disabled too right??

my "fate" idea though is this. raziel kills kain with his hands (not the reaver, else he would get kains soul), thus restoring balance to nosgoth and the pillars (so we are lead to believe). then raziel uses the heart of darkness to restore kain's life, as the heart of darkness can do, so that kain can rule a healthy nosgoth.

This could also explain why kain says "janos must stay dead" to raziel at the end of SR2, because he needs the heart to survive himself.

i am probably coming off, but i have been thinking this for quite a while now, and wondered if any else thought this could work.

p.s: this could also explain why on the site and advert it says "one of these anti-heroes won't survive", and my idea could happen in the next (since CD seem to like leaving things as a cliffhanger)

Viator
1st Nov 2003, 16:37
Hi Yautjatraker/Albatraous :)

raziel kills kain with his hands
Er...I think he already tried this particular approach in SR2 (opening movie).
Kain looked rather...amused by Raziel's attempts though.

This could also explain why kain says "janos must stay dead"
Im my opinion KAin told Raziel this because he remembers Janos' being imprisoned in the Hylden 'device' (in BO2). Maybe if Raziel revives Janos so early into history he might end up creating a fatal paradox (again).:p that would eliminate either himself or Kain (making Moebius very happy).
I'd just like to ask, which advert says that one won't survive?
Is this for real?
If its true I will never forgive Eidos!

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
1st Nov 2003, 22:18
I'd just like to ask, which advert says that one won't survive?

it's the advert in the magazines, i saw it in the latest official xbox magazine (uk), and i think it is also on the main site www.legacyofkain.com

Er...I think he already tried this particular approach in SR2 (opening movie).

he could tell kain his plan to kill and resurrect him, so kain would let himself be killed by raziel, and he could use another weapon, like a sarafan sword, just couldn't use the soul reaver.

vanion
1st Nov 2003, 22:47
it doesn't say one won't survive
it says:
"Kain and Raziel must embark on a dark odyssey, which only one of them MAY survive."

imported_Dark_one
1st Nov 2003, 22:47
nice story, but defiance plot is already done, so I guess everything is taken care of.

SirRaziel
2nd Nov 2003, 01:35
Remember when Kain says Janos is the key to Raziel's destiny?

In defiance lets all keep a close eye on Janos.

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
2nd Nov 2003, 16:18
vanion, i was talking mainly about the advert in this months OXM, not the site, but thanks for info. :)

maybe my idea could happen in defiance 2 (or whatever the next one will be called, since eidos said this wasn't the last LOK game)