PDA

View Full Version : Good Nostalgic Thread

TiadaghtonDude
1st Nov 2003, 04:11
. . . so I was browsing through my storage drive tonight, and I came across a thread from this board that I saved a while back.

Since I can't resist posting it, here it is (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/somedude41/moron.htm), for your viewing pleasure.

. . . I'm still trying to figure out what I'd done previously for him to have 'underestimated' me, and why he took the post I made as a compliment or something . . .

3car
1st Nov 2003, 11:14
Hi-

.......well....he just mispelt underestimated. he proberlbaly meant overestimated.

why whould you post something like this so I would look at it at five in the morning? this is like a trick question for bonus points?

coffee and doughnuts anyone?

Arkron
1st Nov 2003, 18:28
Aaahh.. the good days of yore.. :rolleyes:

I'll gladly have a cup of coffee 3Car :)

Dell
3rd Nov 2003, 01:18
3car, if you are back, why aren't you emailing some people...some people care that you are back!

Takes a glazed maple bar and sits in the corner cross-legged and munches, showing her good manners by licking the icing off her fingers before picking up her cup of coffee... one sugar and plain old milk.

Great topic...think I will go see if I kept any of those lovely posts from Wanton Destruction during those heydays...even further back in time.

Moggraider
3rd Nov 2003, 01:27
Shame I don't remember that loser.

lilmouze
5th Nov 2003, 23:26
Well hello 3car and Arkron. Long time no see. Hope all is well with you both.

Hello to you also Moggraider, hope life is good for you too.

Those posts were before my time, but a funny thread anyway.

Dell you just ate the last best doughnut. Darn.

Nightstalker
7th Nov 2003, 11:31
He was an ass, wasn't he? A butt licking ass...

Nightstalker :D

Chilled Unit
7th Nov 2003, 16:08
Ooo.. hello old friends :)

Sits down for a coffee.

TiadaghtonDude
8th Nov 2003, 19:52
Look what I started! Of course I'll sit down for doughnuts and coffee!

Arkron
8th Nov 2003, 23:23
If there's anything left, I'll have a second cup.. yum :)

3car
10th Nov 2003, 14:11
Hi folks-

I feel like I should be on a plane to somewhere irrelevant. I'm not though. Sitting here a tad bit under the weather. Rain and clouds will do. ;)

Still haven't figured out what kind of 'estimation that poor feller was trying to imply. Must be a new kind of brain-teaser.

and I love you too, Moggraider.

Arkron
10th Nov 2003, 15:53
Ugh.. just realized the 'old folk' been around here for about 4 years now.. *cough* I need a walking stick *cough*

3car
11th Nov 2003, 14:01
Heheh-

Welcome to ol' cootsville, Arkron. I've just aquired a new cane, you can have my old one.
Careful though, you'll probably be tempted to whoop someone about the head with it. ;) It has a mind of it's own.

Last cup of the morning. Back to work tomorrow.

sigh

lilmouze
11th Nov 2003, 22:23
Hey Arkron, if that 'ole cane of 3car's gives you trouble, you can borrow my crutches. They only throw you on a carpeted floor. (I know because they did it to me.:D)

BTW, just made a fresh pot of coffee and made a run to Crispy Creme for more doughnuts.

Enjoy Everyone!!!

Moggraider
16th Nov 2003, 15:44
Originally posted by 3car
Hi folks-

I feel like I should be on a plane to somewhere irrelevant. I'm not though. Sitting here a tad bit under the weather. Rain and clouds will do. ;)

Still haven't figured out what kind of 'estimation that poor feller was trying to imply. Must be a new kind of brain-teaser.

and I love you too, Moggraider.

I meant tom the bomb, not you, old man ;).

vakusuma
17th Nov 2003, 07:58
/me bops everyone with his cane.

Nightstalker
21st Nov 2003, 08:02
Hi,

Mmmm... I would like a good cup of very strong coffee, and I'll take a donut.

Man, four years already... /*Thinks about some clever remark to make...But can't find any*/

Well does anyone remember the forum fight between Dell and Disorderly Conduct or the invasion of the Pirates?

Ahhh...The good old days...

Nightstalker.

Moggraider
23rd Nov 2003, 14:55
How can we forget?

lilmouze
25th Nov 2003, 22:26
Wonder what ever happened to BeachLady and her Dr. Dentons?

BTW Arkron I still really like your banner.

N00dles
20th Dec 2003, 22:56
*logs in*

And a big hullo to y'all :)

I remember that thread. Some two year-old posts of me in there, still under the name of Sabin...

Can't remember the last time I was here, though...Must be my age, I guess :o

So, how 'bout the forum itself? I see it's not that much visited anymore. Is everyone still alive?

3car
24th Dec 2003, 23:37
Hi-

I still get by here occasionally. More like rarely. Maybe even another word besides those two. Almost never?

Pretty damn busy at work. Leaves little time to enjoy anything. Like mowing the yard, baling hay, building fence; you get the picture. ;)

I figured with that joke of a game out , FFX-2, this place would have livened up a bit. I guess folks aren't into the dancing thing. Not to mention it's damn near impossible to get the 'right' ending.
Bad as Valkyrie Profile.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back and spend some money with us!

I sound like that lady at Target...

3car
-luck

Moggraider
4th Jan 2004, 22:56
Valkyrie Profile's sequence for getting the right ending was ridiculous. I can't imagine anyone logically doing all those complex steps in the right order. And it sucks too, because the regular ending is rather lame.

Threesixty
13th Feb 2004, 17:02
FFX-2 isn't that bad.....at least it has a lot to do. But it does lose your interest. I thought that just having a girl party, wouldn't be that bad....but....It's just not interesting watching these girls. I guess there problems aren't big enough to be intresting. FF needs a love triangle. Thats what's missing with FFX-2

The thing with Brother is kinda twisted......First Cousins.

FF12 looks pretty good.

The game I'm really waiting for is MGS3, StarOcean3 and Xenosaga Ep2.

If the previews are correct Xenosaga is going to be awesome. This time around it's going to be more like Xenogears, and less like a movie with little gameplay. Not to mention some answers to the First one.

It's going to be hard adjusting to Shion's and Kosmos' new makeovers though.

3car
23rd Feb 2004, 20:11
Hi-

Finally finished X-2. Only took 80 hours or so. Only. Only managed to get 68%. Only. Only managed to get get the first of the three endings. sux.
How'm I suppose to see the other 2 endings if I won't replay the game?
The folks on the fifth floor really know how to screw up a game. Would have been easier to get the best or second best ending for Valkyrie Profile.

I guess it's a girl thing...;)

Let's see. Next on the list will be Xenosaga or dot.hack series.

Maybe I'll build a new computer and just give up console games. They say FFXI is on PC...

360-

That thing about Brother went over my head. It must have been in the 32% that I didn't do. Ain't no tellin' what all I missed.

3car

Dell
23rd Feb 2004, 22:01
Once upon a time I had a friend....but he disappeared and I never heard from him again. Being nostalgic doesn't help the empty place he left.

Glad to know you are still alive, 3car. Pins a rose to her belt and takes a stroll through a big downtown Norfolk mall.

Moggraider
24th Feb 2004, 16:52
80 hours?! *gag* I rush and manage to finish most RPG's in 25 hours, tops. The only game that's taken me longer than that that I can think of is Lunar. What are some other really lengthy RPG's?

Threesixty
3rd Mar 2004, 19:10
I finished FFX-2 at 90% with about 104 hours of gameplay. Still haven't done a replay. I'm playing Breath of Fire IV, currently. It has a real nice plot.

Moggraider...the longest game I think I've played (and I still haven't finished it....lost interest after 109 hours) is Dragon Warrior VII. Grandia can be pretty long too, if you talk to all the NPCs. And Xenogears is pretty long.

spoiler:
I don't think you can miss the hints that Brother had a crush on Yuna. You may have missed the scene where he tries to kiss Yuna and Rikku stops him......it's near the beginning of the game, I think.....one of the scenes between hotspot areas, on the ship. You have an option....maybe you chose to ignore him. It's the one where he is laying on the ground. It's the only time where Yuna can step on him and he makes a grunting noise.

But you can tell Brother has a thing for Yuna throughout the game.... Brother is Rikku's brother, right? And Yuna and Rikku are related. Cid is Yuna's Uncle and Rikku's Dad. Yuna's Mom is Cid's sister.

Brother and Yuna are First Cousins. So, Brother is twisted.

3car
7th Mar 2004, 15:50
Hi-

Lengthy RPG's? I think that depends on the person playing them. I'm pretty sure I could have cut the time on X2 by40 hours. I have a tendency to let the game 'idle' and go do something else. Adds to the hour total doing this.
I tend to spend more time looking for stuff, too. Blame this on the earlier years when RPG's, turn-based, weren't readily available in the States. If one was released here, you spent your $80 plus for it, you'd darn sure play it 'til you found everything. Including the bugs.

A few of the lengthy games that come to mind are Xenogears, Dragon Warrior, The Saga Frontier games.

Xenogears for all the text. Lots and lots of text. The game is a mini-book with pictures. It requires more than a little patience unless you don't mind reading, alot. There is also the 'mech' factor in this game which I didn't like. Doesn't fit my idea of 'Chariots of Steel'.

Dragon Warrior VII. This is a pure, old fashioned, turn-based RPG. I love it. :) There is so much to do, look for, accomplish, it'll keep you busy for several hundred hours. This game took so long to develop and release, it was past it's time. It should have been released for the SNES or Saturn. It looks and plays a lot like the old sprite based, which it is, RPG's. The game is so long, it could almost be classified a mor-pig Folks here thought it was too long and too dated. A lot gave up playing because of the time required to complete the game.

The Saga games. Hmm. I put these in here...just because. They are difficult to complete., unless you use a strategy guide. You ain't got no idea what to do, you just have to figure it out.

Grandia is another like Dragon Warrior 7. Not nearly as long with lot's of stuff to do. It's for PSX .
Grandia 2 is also available for the PC.

The dot.hack series for PS2. 4 games, each taking about 25 hours.

It's all relative to how you 'play' the game.

3car
7th Mar 2004, 16:04
Hi-

threesixty-

on FFX-2

I remember the incidnet now. heh. Must have been one of the few I did right, though there is still a bunch I didn't. Like all those 'Hotspots' on the list. The first couple of chapters went pretty quick. It will if you just jump from one Hotspot to the next, not visiting anything in between. That equates to a really low percentage.

I've not, and probably won't try for the 100% completion but I am re-playing parts of it from early saves. Blame all the different save states on FF7. :)

You watch. I bet I eat crow and try for 100% on the new game plus. That or go buy a game shark and cheat the endings in....;)

all in a days work...

now if I can get this new pc configured to play FF7 right.

3car
-luck

Rengar
8th Mar 2004, 05:48
FFX-2 has about 110% of stuff in it.....so you don't have to complete every little thing to get one of the better endings.

There is a second good ending, that doesn't require you to do 100%....you have to do a few things in the game "Valkyrie Profile" style. In otherwords, you'll never see it without a guide.

Have you heard the details about BloodRayne 2? That game is starting to sound awesome, but it won't be released until October 31st. I'm waiting for that, MGS3, StarOcean 3, Xenosaga 2, FF12....and maybe Cy Girls, if the reviews look good.

And I'm wondering what Siren is going to be about....ICO was a nice game and Siren was rumored to a sequel to ICO....before NICO was heard about, anyway that one is about to get released fairly soon, too.

Threesixty
12th Mar 2004, 15:30
oops, that last post was me....I'm trying to lose that username. I forgot that my home computer still logs-in as Rengar. Most of my post come from my work computer, nowadays.

3car
14th Mar 2004, 14:49
Hi-

I've got the guide for FFX-2 now and you're right; this game won't give you 100% unless you use it.

The guide has a section that lists what must be done and the order in which to do them. Come on now, when the 3 monkeys all jump at once, press the X-button? heheh. Who'da ever figured that one out.

I've heard of Blood Rayne 2; just heard of it. I know Blood Rayne 1 was 'acclaimed' by those that 'acclaim' such games. We'll see. I didn't play the first, probably not he second, either.

ICO was a very nice game. Very nice. ICO2 was rumored immediately after the release of 1. Poor sales of 1 has kept 2 in limbo. You can still by 1 in lots of stores. Pretty game.

Never a fan of Metal Gear Solid so I won't get MGS3. Not one of my favorite genres.

Star Ocean 3 will grace my shelf eventually as will Xenosaga2. Again, I don't really like the 'mech' factor.

Lot's of other stuff coming too. The PS3 ain't that far away....

Moggraider
2nd Apr 2004, 05:32
Bloodrayne wasn't so great. Overall it was pretty fun and challenging, but nothing too special. I'm actually surprised there's a sequel coming; sales for the original could have been better.

Threesixty
2nd Apr 2004, 15:59
Yeah...but Bloodrayne is a pretty good game if you just want to see limb fly and want to play a game in full time bullet time, without any timelimit. I pop that game in whenever I want to play something full of action, and don't have to concentrate on movements or strategy.

Bloodrayne2 looks pretty promising, if the previews are correct, there will be unlockables for a little replay value, and a lot more combo moves and maybe more plot.

Right now I have my sights on Siren. I don't know what it is, can't find that much info on it, other than it comes out April 20th and it's supposed to be a scary type of game. And that it's made be the same guys that made ICO...so I'm going to guess it's going to be another hand holding game. I'm just waiting for a review on it.

I just picked up a game called Breath of Fire, Dragon Quarter. it was 14.99 new, so I figured, might as well give it a try. It's a pretty fun game. I heard it was short, but it's not. I had about 50 hours of gameplay before I finally was able to beat it. It kinda forces you not to die. If you die.....you usually lose about 5-10 hours of gameplay. The game only has two saveblocks...one that you need a token for, and have to find a phone to activate, which are spread apart thoughout the game...sometimes 10 hours appart. And a temp save, that will allow you to exit the game and resume where you left off....I deletes as soon as you load off of it. There isn't that much story/text, it's about 90% gameplay, but the story that's there is very good.