PDA

View Full Version : Shooting open doors

sneelock
30th Oct 2003, 19:24
I have heard on this forum and from some people that you could shoot open doors. I Beat the Game a few different ways but have tried to shoot open doors but it has never worked. i Was wondering why it never worked for me.

Amazon Warrior
30th Oct 2003, 19:35
It works on _some_ doors. Like wooden ones. But it depends on how strong the door is, what you're using to shoot it with, and what skill level you have in the appropriate weapon class. A higher skill rating means more damage done!

Serge
30th Oct 2003, 19:53
Don't bother with the small stuff, try a GEP gun, works a treat (as long as the door's not INF).

Esquire
30th Oct 2003, 21:22
i think it's the Sniper Rifle you use to break open a door if you have master skills with Rifles. you can also use the Dragon's Tooth if you have the Melee Strength augmentation.

kris211
30th Oct 2003, 21:46
Originally posted by Esquire
i think it's the Sniper Rifle you use to break open a door if you have master skills with Rifles. you can also use the Dragon's Tooth if you have the Melee Strength augmentation.

really??holy crap! now i can ditch the cumbersome GEP gun and keep the flamethrower!!:)

Lawnboy360
30th Oct 2003, 22:23
This post belongs in the DX forum, not in the DXIW forum.

kris211
30th Oct 2003, 22:25
does anyone still check the DX forum?

Random
30th Oct 2003, 22:38
I check the DX forum. ;) Moving ...

DarkForge
31st Oct 2003, 10:54
Some things don't work though. I remember trying to shoot a locked door, thinking it would be cool if I could blow the lock off.

A waste of ammo really! :p

Ferrard Carson
4th Nov 2003, 23:28
Master Sniper rifle will shatter 50% crate covers, and I think it'll shatter 50% doors as well. I don't like using the GEP gun though, too useful to waste rockets on a mere door. I just toss a LAM in the general direction. :D

Oh, and have you ever noticed how steel door shatter into wooden shards?

[WZ]divine
5th Nov 2003, 16:54
I also like using the sniper to take out cameras and gun turrets.
- I get rid of the GEP gun as soon as im master with rifles, Sniper ROCKs