PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Release Date

Vonklous
28th Jun 2013, 14:40
So I am confused with the release date. I pre-ordered the digital download and I thought I read that we would be able to play before August 27 is that true and if so how soon.

Aerolicious
28th Jun 2013, 20:29
Looks like it's released aug 27th but they'll setup to allow people who pre-ordered to gain early access and will do it through a digital download that'll be up when available to everyone who pre-ordered

trojan805
30th Jun 2013, 04:40
cannot wait until the release day :D

GoldX18
22nd Aug 2013, 03:40
If you wanna work out exactly what time launch will be for you, you can use this calculator, and add in the time left on the countdown site, for me, its out at roughly 9pm NZ Saturday

Calculator Link: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/timeadd.html?d1=22&m1=8&y1=2013&type=add
Countdown Link: http://www.arrstatus.com/

orezdd
22nd Aug 2013, 03:46
Did you build that site man? its awesome
If you wanna work out exactly what time launch will be for you, you can use this calculator, and add in the time left on the countdown site, for me, its out at roughly 9pm NZ Saturday

Calculator Link: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/timeadd.html?d1=22&m1=8&y1=2013&type=add
Countdown Link: http://www.arrstatus.com/

GoldX18
22nd Aug 2013, 03:47
Nah it was built by someone else, it was spot on for the Beta 4 Launch though, so I trust it completely to be accurate.

OMG_Noodles
22nd Aug 2013, 03:53
nice site there gold, random question what server you playing on mate? (Tonberry here)

tasuma
22nd Aug 2013, 03:54
http://www.arrstatus.com/ looks so dope! good find.

GoldX18
22nd Aug 2013, 04:01
nice site there gold, random question what server you playing on mate? (Tonberry here)

Playing on Diablos server during Beta 4.

Ravittsu
22nd Aug 2013, 04:18
Playing on Diablos server during Beta 4.

nice find Gold
i live in aus so im guessing EA will launch for us at 7pm seeing as how u kiwi's are 2hrs ahead of us :)

GoldX18
22nd Aug 2013, 04:59
nice find Gold
i live in aus so im guessing EA will launch for us at 7pm seeing as how u kiwi's are 2hrs ahead of us :)

Yup, just glad its not sunday lol, like most US times.

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 15:26
I just hope Registration of the game is less confusing then what the Pre-order codes and Early Access Registration has been.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 15:28
When the 27th gets here I'll have to go to work :(
But at least it's back holiday Monday so first 3 days of solid playing, red bull and coffee on standby!

Ravittsu
23rd Aug 2013, 09:10
A day to go guys.
Gold recently posted this link i decided i'd post it again for those of u who want a countdown
http://www.arrstatus.com/

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:15
This is evil I tell you! It's torture! Does anyone know if the PS3 patch (not launcher update) is out? And how big is it?

Ravittsu
23rd Aug 2013, 09:17
This is evil I tell you! It's torture! Does anyone know if the PS3 patch (not launcher update) is out? And how big is it?

hehe :L
i also want to know because internet speed in aus is pretty bad compared to usa and eu
i have this downloaded on two ps3's

well actually my net is pretty bad i should say

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:29
My interwebs is pants too but it runs half decent during the early hours so will set them updating tonight ready for the morning :)

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 09:32
I can't imagine it being much longer for the update release, can you imagine how many people are waiting for it? I'm going to be downloading 1KB/s lmao I have a great connection but the amount of people that are potentially downloading it may have some bad effects on download speed :P

Hippy_Pickle
23rd Aug 2013, 09:44
I can't imagine it being much longer for the update release, can you imagine how many people are waiting for it? I'm going to be downloading 1KB/s lmao I have a great connection but the amount of people that are potentially downloading it may have some bad effects on download speed :P
Add to that the fact that the PS3 is renowned for slow download rates (compared to a 360 on same connection), although having the PS3 hard-wired does improve the transfer rate compared to using the WiFi

Roguekitty
23rd Aug 2013, 23:01
9 hours and 59 minutes remain!

ThundagaFF
24th Aug 2013, 07:35
I just read it on a website, telling me that the game is being released 27th in the US... If that's true then gj destroying the game. It's not even ready yet...

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 07:39
Can't. Tell. If. Being. Serious. Or. Trolling. Us.

ThundagaFF
24th Aug 2013, 08:00
If Square Enix are releasing it now then it's game over. It's way too early

SinisJecht
24th Aug 2013, 08:07
If Square Enix are releasing it now then it's game over. It's way too early huh? you drunk?

AmeNoHirumi
24th Aug 2013, 08:07
wtf he is release in 1 hours for preorder, go read some news..
the official is the 27th yes

Endeshe
24th Aug 2013, 08:08
i dont think that releasing a game 3 days before the official release will "destroy" the game. Not even sure how it could

SinisJecht
24th Aug 2013, 08:09
Probably just bitter he missed early access or something, I can't take his post seriously anyway.

aray0002
24th Aug 2013, 08:18
His post is quite serious and it's not too late to pre-order and get early access.. I think what he is saying is all the FORUMS are bashing Square ENIX and
Killing the positive vibe of the " RE-RELEASE " of FFXIV

With all the NEGATIVE remarks on every Forum regarding Error 3 and Early Access problems he may have a point...

I for one have got confirmation that I am ready to start so see you in Eorzea.

OH hey for you PS3 FFXIV here is a little bit of info I found helpful

" Players registering on a PS3 are able to confirm their Early Access status. To do this, log in to your PSN account and go to Account Management. After that, go to Transaction Management. Go down to Service List and click on the FFXIV option. You should see a ticket there for early access." Credit to the OP.

ThundagaFF
24th Aug 2013, 08:29
What aray0002 said and no I dont give a crap about early acces. New games needs to be fine tuned and get a good start. If a new MMO doesnt get a good start then they're most likely to fail. Rushing games is never a good idea.

I was playing FF last week on the open beta and noticed quiet a few bugs and/or problems. Then all the forum posts about people having troubbles with the game.

IMO this game is not ready. And what I mean by it's not ready, I mean that the game is not going to get a good start.

Taemek
24th Aug 2013, 08:30
No, what he is saying is, if you played Beta 4, the game is seriously not ready unless they made some serious hardcore fixes in the last week.

I 100% agree, there was some serious issues with the game on Vista 64 that we were basically told we had to wait until Windows had a fix for it......so what, are we suppose to go out and upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 to rectify those just because we have to wait?

This doesnt include the ingame issues that are on Squaes end.

AmeNoHirumi
24th Aug 2013, 08:32
dude i work in info and for real if you are on Vista, you can just take your responsability
exctatly same if you use IE browser and cant understand those technologies are just broken and unstable.

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 08:34
Yeah if you're running vista still as a gamer, there's no hope for you. Sorry ^.^

SinisJecht
24th Aug 2013, 08:40
I played in the beta and I saw no flaws, many had errors and I guess I was fortunate not to. I don't know what to tell you, from my experience the game is perfectly ready for launch.

Taemek
24th Aug 2013, 08:56
Then you must not have frequented the beta forums, the game is not ready for launch, as seen here by the simple issues with code keys being assinged and if anyone remembers the first launch, its looking to be the same in regards to customer service response.

Taemek
24th Aug 2013, 08:58
dude i work in info and for real if you are on Vista, you can just take your responsability
exctatly same if you use IE browser and cant understand those technologies are just broken and unstable.

LOL yeah because that like saying no one uses XP pro anymore ethier.

OH lordy, looks like the WoW crowd is moving over to see what this game is about also.

24th Aug 2013, 08:59
No, what he is saying is, if you played Beta 4, the game is seriously not ready unless they made some serious hardcore fixes in the last week.

I 100% agree, there was some serious issues with the game on Vista 64 that we were basically told we had to wait until Windows had a fix for it......so what, are we suppose to go out and upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 to rectify those just because we have to wait?

This doesnt include the ingame issues that are on Squaes end.

To their defense, Vista is pretty old, yes, might be time to upgrade folks!

ThundagaFF
24th Aug 2013, 09:00
I'm not talking about technical issues. And I didnt try to sum aray0002's words... Jesus...

What I'm saying is that this game is not ready. And I'm not talking about glitches and ****. I'm on about what the game has to offer. They've already put a lot of more time to the game why not just work more on it and make it better instead of rushing it.

Music wasnt even synced properly last I was on the beta.
Cant customize your interface properly. (As in change size)
Delay when strafing.
No voices in dialogs (they should implement it. looks retarded else).
Fine tune the questing gameplay - Questing is OUTDATED by far and not many likes it anymore. And by outdated is that people doesnt like grinding/farming.

And have they even had people trying out raids? (Do they even have raids).

An MMO is something you put a lot of money and time in to it. You invest a lot of time into a game. Why gamble it away without have finetuned everything? IMO this is being rushed into and is risking too much. And the issues I listed are only from lvl 1-5. Had I played longer I'm sure I would have discovered a lot more problems or things that might/or could have been improved.

Taemek
24th Aug 2013, 09:02
To their defense, Vista is pretty old, yes, might be time to upgrade folks!

Ummm, no, you dont make a game not compatible with the last 2 OS's. Windows 8 just released and no one has really upgraded to that or even remotely needs to upgrade to that unless you want to get the benefits from mobile features.

So that leaves Windows 7 and Vista.

Taemek
24th Aug 2013, 09:04
I'm not talking about technical issues. And I didnt try to sum aray0002's words... Jesus...

What I'm saying is that this game is not ready. And I'm not talking about glitches and ****. I'm on about what the game has to offer. They've already put a lot of more time to the game why not just work more on it and make it better instead of rushing it.

Music wasnt even synced properly last I was on the beta.
Cant customize your interface properly. (As in change size)
Delay when strafing.
No voices in dialogs (they should implement it. looks retarded else).
Fine tune the questing gameplay - Questing is OUTDATED by far and not many likes it anymore. And by outdated is that people doesnt like grinding/farming.

And have they even had people trying out raids? (Do they even have raids).

An MMO is something you put a lot of money and time in to it. You invest a lot of time into a game. Why gamble it away without have finetuned everything? IMO this is being rushed into and is risking too much. And the issues I listed are only from lvl 1-5. Had I played longer I'm sure I would have discovered a lot more problems or things that might/or could have been improved.

Those issues are some of the issues I am refering too......

Your sizing issue is because you are using Vista as well, as pointed out on the Beta forums, but it seems it is a Windows issue as WIndows 7 and 8 users are not having the same issue.

24th Aug 2013, 09:06
Or will you just release a third FFXIV

24th Aug 2013, 09:08
I'm guessing another re-run of the same game. This is beyond fail.

ThundagaFF
24th Aug 2013, 09:10
I dont have Vista lol. I'm using Windows 8

And I also lol'd at - http://postimg.org/image/6xyvt6frp/

ThundagaFF
24th Aug 2013, 09:11
And what I mean by size I ment that it would be nice to be able to change the size of the layout such as making the minimap bigger/smaller or make the action bars smaller/bigger depending on what you prefer.

24th Aug 2013, 09:16
beyoooooooooooooooond fail, i mean even during beta four there were way more errors than there should be before a world release... they need to fire everyone again at SE working on this and start over again..

genmaruakiha
24th Aug 2013, 09:21
To make it fair, it's not really rushing the game, the beta phase 4 or open beta was to see the glitches and see how to fix them. Early access is basically the same thing, there will be many maintenance sessions upon early access load up.
Also if a company were to take their time on making a game better like a good little company; they would need to sit there for the next for ever. The cause of this is there can always be something better to be added or something to be removed to make a game better. Had they taken more time to fix bugs that would be appreciated yes, had they taken the time to add more computing and network power into the NA servers that would be great; but again to just say they should have just kept making the game better before release would mean they would never release it, every game has it's flaws and are fixed upon beta - early access - and through out game play.

ThundagaFF
24th Aug 2013, 09:32
To make it fair, it's not really rushing the game, the beta phase 4 or open beta was to see the glitches and see how to fix them. Early access is basically the same thing, there will be many maintenance sessions upon early access load up.
Also if a company were to take their time on making a game better like a good little company; they would need to sit there for the next for ever. The cause of this is there can always be something better to be added or something to be removed to make a game better. Had they taken more time to fix bugs that would be appreciated yes, had they taken the time to add more computing and network power into the NA servers that would be great; but again to just say they should have just kept making the game better before release would mean they would never release it, every game has it's flaws and are fixed upon beta - early access - and through out game play.

I see and understand your point, but that arguement only works to a certain point. Plus you have twisted my words. I dont mean that they need to fully focus on optimizing the game. It's pretty obvious that it would mean that the game would never be released.

I could also twist your words by saying that if the game developers thought as you just wrote, then the game would be terrible seen as they could have left out the customization part when creating the character and make stick figures and improve that later on instead.

Just an example. So our arguements goes both ways. But I hope you understand my point atleast.

24th Aug 2013, 10:25
I am watching movies while i press the redeem button. What are you guys up to?

Jrockz
1st Sep 2013, 16:04
Yoshi-P -

You did an amazing job turning 1.0 into ARR. Kuddos to you and to your team. I'm frustrated with the server situation, slightly angry. But the level of my frustration, isn't going to get problems fixed. So .... tells us (players) what the problems are, and how is it being fixed. Let us know.

(I'm seeing 1017 / 1018 / 90000 (still) / 5003 / etc ....)

My guess is that you didn't have enough faith in your product. Because it doesn't "seem" like you anticipated this level or customer support. But if these problems don't get fixed soon, you're going to have to have a second grand opening, for your second grand opening.

We don't need free game-time (that is really awesome of you btw. Other unnamed game companies wouldn't do that, and it puts you high on my list of respected gaming developers). What we need is realist information. If these problems are going to take ___ days to fix, say so. Communicate with us, so that we don't form unreasonable expectations, and then leave the community. If we have information we can set out own expectations to match the information we've been given.

Risky? Yes, if something unforeseen happens and your timeline changes, it might make some people angry also. But sitting at a computer and trying to log on for 2-3 hours, then waiting 4-5 hours, and trying again isn't working for the community.

Joematrak
1st Sep 2013, 16:23
I share your pain. This game is amazing and it's incredible how they redesigned & rebuilt 1.0 in a few month. I'm pretty sure that a Japanese company like SE wont admit their mistakes. If they would auto kick players staying afk instead of logging out, it should be way easier to get in. About the communication issue, all the information you need to know is on The Lodestone in the news tab.

Trex341
1st Sep 2013, 16:24
I share your pain. This game is amazing and it's incredible how they redesigned & rebuilt 1.0 in a few month. I'm pretty sure that a Japanese company like SE wont admit their mistakes. If they would auto kick players staying afk instead of logging out, it should be way easier to get in. About the communication issue, all the information you need to know is on The Lodestone in the news tab.

Few months? they remade the game for 3 years

Chuueey
1st Sep 2013, 16:56
Im sorry SE, but you really need to get your stuff together. I have never played MMORPGs and I was really excited for this one. I have loved you guys as a publisher but now it seems like I wont buy another game you guys make just because of this. You have had sooooo much time to prepare for all of this. Especially since releasing V 1.0. I have played the Beta for this game but now it seems you guys learned nothing. The game is great (absolutely fantastic) except for the fact that no one is getting to play it. Please fix this....

Dahpadon
1st Sep 2013, 17:08
Me neither,i bought my copy digital day of release and havnt got to play says i havnt even bought it and sony debate on doing a refund!???I have personally phoned them 3 times!!and still have not had 1 email as promised...bunch of con merchants!! I WILL get my money back enix and sony stole and I WILL be heard!! Been playing ff series since i was a child and supported sony since day 1.....NO MORE I REPEAT NO MORE....CRIMINALS!

Odinknight
4th Sep 2013, 08:30
Cmon ppl this is just a launch of a new mmorpg this isent the first mmorpg that HAVE alots of bugs long que times patching ect i was there when wow was realesed and that was same as bad as this dont blame squarenix they make and work to make the game improments as hard they can just suport them istead of qqing at them /Odinknight sorry for bad english

XERVENTUS
4th Sep 2013, 11:17
Cmon ppl this is just a launch of a new mmorpg this isent the first mmorpg that HAVE alots of bugs long que times patching ect i was there when wow was realesed and that was same as bad as this dont blame squarenix they make and work to make the game improments as hard they can just suport them istead of qqing at them /Odinknight sorry for bad english

Why not? They producers came accros this problem at the Beta already and still it wasn't fixed before launch. I couldn't log in for hours. Another dude was waiting half a day. The problems kept holding on for a week already. When you buy a game and espically a game with a monthly subscription you kinda expect to be able to log in atleast once a day right? They were like six servers for Europe alone at launch and like 10 for North America? That's quite a small amount. Come we aren't talking about countries. Nope we are talking about actual continents encompassing different countries. Heck I wonder if Russia was included as well. Some people including me bought the collectors edition that caused 80 euros in my country. Infact not only the log in has issues but registrering the actual game account had issues as well. How many times wasn't it reported that accounts of people here just ''teleported'' away mine did and then just ''returned'' all of a sudden.

I was almost to late with registring my early acces code because square enix told me to type in my email and I would get the code.Little I know that that I actually had to register beforehand. That wasn't told to me before. Had I not browsed the forums and if an user wasn't kind enough to link me to the actual registration link? at Square Enix wouldn't have send me an email with the instructions and I wouldn't have gotten my ingame items and early acces.

I'm sure you have your reasons for this. But keep in mind they were people with problems far worse then I have and they aren't allowed to speak thier mind for a game they either payed 50 or 80 euro's for the PS3 platform and are then expected to pay a montly subscription fee as well?

Come on you are asking to much from us.

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 11:27
They were like six servers for Europe alone at launch and like 10 for North America? That's quite a small amount. Come we aren't talking about countries. Nope we are talking about actual continents encompassing different countries..
This is a common argument and it's fundamentally flawed: the region population is totally irrelevant, it's the potential number of gamers that matter, not the population generally.

SE got the numbers wrong, badly wrong and Yoshi has admitted it. However, SE have a long experience with FFXI, they also have a very long experience with the FF franchise and also the initial interest in FFXIV V1 and the players who played it till the end.

All of that would have given them an idea of the spread of players across the world to base their estimates on. They were wrong, badly wrong, yes, but it's facile to suggest they deliberately gimped non-JP players be deliberately lowering the number of servers provided.

Also keep in my there's no difference in substance between the NA and EU servers, the ONLY purpose SE have for tagging them is to indicate servers where players in a common time zone are more likely to meet each other, again, the number of EU servers is bound to have been determined by the number of EU players SE expected.

They were wrong, yes, badly wrong, but I say again, it's facile to attribute a malevolent/reckless/'racist' (as I've seen on more than one occasion) motive for this.

XERVENTUS
4th Sep 2013, 12:00
This is a common argument and it's fundamentally flawed: the region population is totally irrelevant, it's the potential number of gamers that matter, not the population generally.

SE got the numbers wrong, badly wrong and Yoshi has admitted it. However, SE have a long experience with FFXI, they also have a very long experience with the FF franchise and also the initial interest in FFXIV V1 and the players who played it till the end.

All of that would have given them an idea of the spread of players across the world to base their estimates on. They were wrong, badly wrong, yes, but it's facile to suggest they deliberately gimped non-JP players be deliberately lowering the number of servers provided.

Also keep in my there's no difference in substance between the NA and EU servers, the ONLY purpose SE have for tagging them is to indicate servers where players in a common time zone are more likely to meet each other, again, the number of EU servers is bound to have been determined by the number of EU players SE expected.

They were wrong, yes, badly wrong, but I say again, it's facile to attribute a malevolent/reckless/'racist' (as I've seen on more than one occasion) motive for this.

First of all I'm not saying they gave us so few servers due to racist intent. Where did I ever imply that? And you're correct that the amount of players they expected takes precedent about the area's they are playing but come on. We are talking about a franchise such Final Fantasy for god's sake. They know they have fans all over the world. They had prior knowledge about this problems and they come with 6 servers? Come on.You cannot do that as a company like that.

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 12:21
First of all I'm not saying they gave us so few servers due to racist intent. Where did I ever imply that?
You didn't, I didn't say you did, that is merely one of several attitudes I've seen attributed to SE using this argument: in your case I'd probably say you're accusing SE of being 'reckless'.

You also make my point for me, since FF is a global franchise then SE have a very good idea of where their 'fans' (in the usual sense) are located. I'm sure they took serious notice of the geographic location of their FFXI and FFXIV V1 players, then derived a number of servers based on Yoshi's self-confessed bad underestimate of the total expected.

Also remember, as FFXI shows, many players WANT to play on a server with non-NA/EU players, indeed many V1 players complained loudly when SE announced XIV V2 wouldn't follow the same pattern of having one set of servers for everyone. I'd bet good money SE took that into account when they decided on the number of servers they put into Japan.

I don't dispute your assertion that they got the number badly wrong, but I refuse to allow the argument to be made that server numbers should have been based on the general population of a region to go unchallenged.

Hejjin
4th Sep 2013, 12:26
Hmmm

The length of the queue is not the issue, it is getting into the queue in the first place that is causing the frustration. Unless you have the ability to automate your logins (ie owners of keyboards that allow user defined macros and key repeats) then the login process is tedious as you have to constantly spam to connect. Sitting in a queue for 90 minutes is much less of a hassle than 90 minutes of repeatedly trying to login only to get 1017 errors.

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 12:38
Totally agreed, the 1017 was a seriously, seriously bad 'feature' to implement. AFAIK SE have never explained what triggers a 1017 instead of you getting into the queue, I kind of assumed the login server was so badly overloaded it couldn't even initiate you getting into the server queue: or maybe the login server couldn't connect to the world server to pass you off to it.

In any event, just like telephone automation systems that simply say "we're busy, please call back later" instead of putting you in a queue, this is guaranteed to enrage those who suffer it. SE caused themselves far more negative reaction by doing this.

WelshSpeed
4th Sep 2013, 12:59
Long que's???
even when im in a que of 250 im in the game within 3 minutes.
and rarely get 1017 code.

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 13:06
My experience from last Tuesday evening till Friday when I gave up is I rarely got into a queue, it was 2+ hours of non-stop 1017s. One two rare occasions I made it into the game, then 5 mins later DCed back to 1017s. My experience was very, very common, yours I suggest was not, you sound like you were either lucky or playing at off-peak times. Happy for you, truly, and obviously lots of folks were playing most of last week but equally tens of thousands weren't.

Today I've not tried yet, but there are lots of 1017/3012/90000s being reported right now so many are still having problems. I remain optimistic things will turn out fine but SE haven't hinted that wide-spread 1017s etc. were to be expected once the system came back up, all they said was login restriction would stay in place: they have never stated these CAUSE a 1017.

Spence420
4th Sep 2013, 13:16
So because WoW had a bad start its acceptable for Square Enix to have problems with their game that could have EASILY been avoided? Why are people so stupid these days? Square Enix had no problems with the actual game, its the way they set up their servers/ lack of servers....and with the countless years of experience they have they should have known this would happen. Just shows how poorly they planned this.

Hejjin
4th Sep 2013, 13:18
Long que's???
even when im in a que of 250 im in the game within 3 minutes.
and rarely get 1017 code.
Hmmm

Depends on when you are attempt to login and to which server I suppose. On monday I managed to play the game for approximately 15 minutes, I then got a 9000 error and crashed, I then failed to login to the game for the rest of the day despite using a Logitech G19 keyboard to automate my login attempts. 15 minutes of play against in excess of 6 hours of constantly attempting to login. Other days I have spent considerable time trying to reconnect after a crash only to give up as it was taking too long. The only times I have been faced with minimal queues and no 1017 errors is after server reboots / maintenance as the majority of the afk'ers have not yet logged back in.

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 13:18
For myself I generally got a queue and didn't really get the 1017 until this weekend just gone. My main problem was the 2002 which sent you back to the launcher or the NA/EU servers just not loading. My JP toon on the other hand hardly has any log in errors but I don't really want to play that toon, although I do because I'd rather play than constantly try to log into Odin just to be greeted with errors. But my 1017 woes started on Saturday, not much before then.