PDA

View Full Version : I can't get out of the Stop Support campaign...

Mark321
30th Oct 2003, 03:07
This is the one where you go around and blow up everything. I have killed everybody and blown up everything and the campaign is not over. What now? Do I drive off in the motorcycle or what??

This sucks

WheresTheBeef
30th Oct 2003, 09:45
Did you blow up the large fuel tanks and the Munitions building? Some tend to forget the munitions building.

bluesun
30th Oct 2003, 16:01
Exactly. I forgot to blow up the Munition building when I was going through this mission.
BTW: anyone knows how to deal with the dog? I tried to use the poisoned meat, but seemed not working. I also threw gas grenade at the patrols, but it only knocked out the soldiers, the dog was still energetic:mad:

WheresTheBeef
30th Oct 2003, 16:18
I left the patrol until I was ready to take out the leaving vehicles. I hide behind the boxes that are between the two sections of the munitions building and waited for the patrol to return. Then I tossed a nade right on the dog and patrol. When the others came running I naded them too. Watch the guy that runs out of the building - have Lupin set up for ambush. That killed off much of enemy but it starts the vehicles rolling so be ready to get near the road and take them out as they try to leave.

I just went in there and tested the dog meat thing. It does work. In your napsack, just drop the pills on the meat. Throw the meat near the boxes where you start off, hide somewhere where the dog can't sniff you out, and he runs and eats it and passes out. :/

Twitch
30th Oct 2003, 16:22
Being this was one mission I could complete before my game went to hell worse than it was I can say how to complete it. In my game the dog ate the poisoned meat and lay down asleep. Once I secured the ordnance building and got the bombs the most difficult is the timing to just walk up and put a bomb by the fuel tanks. And it is really easy one the the goons with the dog move away I walked right by the goon with the flashlight and set the boom-boom. Seems as though he can see only what's in the beam of his light. Quite a contradiction since other goons have Ubervision. Get behind the building where all the wheeled armored vehicles are and pop off the required 6 vehicles. Forget the Tiger tanks across the road- they need 2 bomb explosions to take out and even a bazooka hit in the tread does nothing. Of course you must first take down all the goons needed so you are not seen.

The dog went right for the doped meat and passed out. However once when a Tiger came out and ran over him as he was knocked out he got up and ran away! WTF!!!

bluesun
30th Oct 2003, 16:38
Tiger eats dog, that's so funny:D

Get_It
3rd Nov 2003, 03:17
Originally posted by Twitch
Forget the Tiger tanks across the road- they need 2 bomb explosions to take out and even a bazooka hit in the tread does nothing.

Use the panzer to block the exit. Then use 1 explosive on all 3 panzers, you save some ammo.

kanez
4th Nov 2003, 08:36
oh i tried several times on this mission too. i planted too many bombs(6 or 7) and couldnt figure out which remote control is for which bomb. so i always missed the moving ones. :D

WheresTheBeef
4th Nov 2003, 08:54
The last bomb you planted is always at the top. Newest to oldest sort.

Twitch
4th Nov 2003, 15:44
As in Commandos 2 if you right click on the detonator icon it shows a small window inset temporarily of where that bomb for that detonator is. In this scenerio it is tough since you may polant bombs in a row down the road. In the excitement of the moving tanks it is easy to blow the wrong one.

All I know is it took two bombs to take out one Tiger tank for my game. Tank rolled over one and boom- nothing but rocking on the suspension. Rolled to next bomb and boom- destroyed it.

Also tried two bazooka rounds to Tiger treads and nothing. The bazooka will however take out two SDKs with one shot. I used 4 rounds to take out 6 of them while they're still parked. One bomb will take out at least the first two when they come down the road close together.

WheresTheBeef
5th Nov 2003, 03:25
Twich, I think that's maybe because the tanks are moving. If you plant the bombs in where the tanks are parked before they move, I've seen 1 of my bombs take out two tanks beside each other. Why it takes less dyno to blow them up when stationary is beyond me.

Twitch
5th Nov 2003, 18:18
That could be it. ??? In C2 a 6-pack of boom-boom took out any tank when on the move.

MajorHealy
5th Nov 2003, 19:21
In the last mission in the second campaign of C3, I was able to destroy the tank with molotov cocktails ... made me wonder if that was allowable by design? Don't know enough about tank anatomy to say for sure, but I guess it's _possible_ ...

WheresTheBeef
6th Nov 2003, 01:12
I don't know of any German tank that could be taken out by a MC. That is rather odd IMO.

Twitch
6th Nov 2003, 03:45
Yeah only if it went into an open hatch. If you're buttoned up its just gasoline and oil- liquid- which would sperad and burn on the outside.

MajorHealy
6th Nov 2003, 04:20
Yeah only if it went into an open hatch. If you're buttoned up its just gasoline and oil- liquid- which would sperad and burn on the outside.

Hmm --- maybe the Germans inside kept hearing the breaking glass and whoosh of flames outside and opened the hatch to investigate :D

Twitch
6th Nov 2003, 16:42
It's pretty doubtful that a Tiger was ever taken down with a Molotov. It did have a 1474 cu in Maybach V-12 produced 590 HP that ran of gasoline and a hit in the engine area just might get a fire going. But bazookas did knock treads off in the real world but do not in the game. But I still had to laugh my bazookas off when the knocked out dog sprang up after the tank ran over him.

Seriously- if you have C2 you're better of playing with that and finding some new ways to do things.

MajorHealy
6th Nov 2003, 18:20
Lord, Twitch, I've played C2 to death... I've played it killing everyone, killing no one, completing the mission as quickly as possible, completing each mission with just one Commando - you name it. It was definitely a fun game.

But I just reloaded C1 and am getting used to the old controls/missions again, and, needless to say, am enjoying it *way* more than C3. I'm looking forward to getting to the end and reloading BTCOD - as I remember it, I enjoyed that title even more, but it's been a while.

But of all the levels in C3, I think Stop Support was my least favorite. Not because it was a bad level, but because it was timed. At least, I assume it was timed? Fortunately, I finished the level before too many tanks got away (or whatever the ending condition was) and never came back to it. I guess it was the "last straw" of the timed-level series for me. And just when I was starting to enjoy piano-wiring the nazis.......

Twitch
6th Nov 2003, 20:39
Major is your modern machine running the old commandos OK. I might seek out pre-C2 ones if I knew they'd run. But a couple old titles I have will just not run on Windows XP. I have my D drive set up with ME so I can boot from that if I want but I don't want to go back to 98!

BTW- wouldn't the piano wire thing have been good in C2?

MajorHealy
6th Nov 2003, 21:37
Major is your modern machine running the old commandos OK. I might seek out pre-C2 ones if I knew they'd run. But a couple old titles I have will just not run on Windows XP. I have my D drive set up with ME so I can boot from that if I want but I don't want to go back to 98!

When I first upgraded to Win2k, C1 (BEL) kept crashing on me, so I abandoned it. However, I just recently picked it back up again and reinstalled it, and it's working smoothly now. Not a single crash in about 3+ hours of gameplay.

However, I did have to download a "slowdown" program to eat up CPU cycles while running C1 --- C1's framerate was bound to the CPU, so it runs a quite fast on modern hardware. I ended up downloading a freeware prog called "turbo", which you can find by Google'ing for "Software Turbo Switch" (make sure you include the quotes). It's an old program but it works well on Win2k, at least for me.

BTW- wouldn't the piano wire thing have been good in C2? [/B]

Tell me about it --- Lupin could knock the crap out of somebody, just couldn't finish the job ;)

Twitch
7th Nov 2003, 16:19
Hmm? Thanks for the input. I might seek out the early Commandos then. XP just might run them.

MajorHealy
7th Nov 2003, 17:16
Couldn't say for sure --- keep in mind, too, that C1 is a departure from what you're used to with C2 and C3. The commandos are much more specialized, i.e., only the driver can drive vehicles (except in one or two levels), only the GB and Spy can carry off dead bodies, etc., and, more importantly, you have to play without cigarettes or wine bottles ... really makes you have to plan your strategies...

The C1 expansion (BTCOD) is a step closer to C2/C3. Honestly, though, the only thing gameplay-wise that has been improved upon is the customizable interface in C2.

But now that I think about it --- MAN it'd be great if we had a game with C3's graphics, C2's interface, and C1's mission-styles!

MiniMind
14th Nov 2003, 11:45
Originally posted by kanez
oh i tried several times on this mission too. i planted too many bombs(6 or 7) and couldnt figure out which remote control is for which bomb. so i always missed the moving ones. :D

You can click with the right mouse button on the detonaters and
look you see the bomb... :D :D :D