PDA

View Full Version : Why does EG want to destroy the Pillars?

HypnoticSpector
30th Oct 2003, 00:25
Why do you think EG wants to destroy the pillars?

Kain The Ancient
30th Oct 2003, 00:55
I think it's because the Pillars are the lock to the hylden into the other dimension , and the Elder is the representation of the hylden leaking out slowly as the prison crumble and extending it's reach over nosgoth.

punkst4r
30th Oct 2003, 01:08
no

SirRaziel
30th Oct 2003, 01:16
Well I don't think he really wants the pillars destroyed. The Elder God thrives on the balance of life and death. With the blood curse Vampires never die naturally so he can't spin them in the wheel of fate. But if all life is wiped out then there no souls for the Elder God. And even if squiddy could tear the pillars down. It would make no difference but SR1 the pillars underneath the ground are well and truly gone.

garbagefanuk
30th Oct 2003, 01:50
Thats assuming he was telling the truth and he is the god of fate and life?

Stephenls
30th Oct 2003, 01:53
Originally posted by SirRaziel
Well I don't think he really wants the pillars destroyed. The Elder God thrives on the balance of life and death. With the blood curse Vampires never die naturally so he can't spin them in the wheel of fate. But if all life is wiped out then there no souls for the Elder God. And even if squiddy could tear the pillars down. It would make no difference but SR1 the pillars underneath the ground are well and truly gone.

I think all the stuff the Elder told Raziel about thriving on balance and weaving souls into the skein of fate was, well, bald-faced lies.

As for why the Elder wants to destroy the pillars... I'm not sure he is. I'm pretty sure he's bound to or by them somehow, so that'd be a reason. But the specifics have me puzzled.

omegafury
30th Oct 2003, 03:19
this all links to my theory that raziel is supposed to save nosgoth by using the power of the pillars (see 'origin of hylden/vampire feud' thread).

he's trying to will raziel in the direction he wants, whatever that may be

Insanity
30th Oct 2003, 03:28
I agree with Kain TA, however punkst4r seems to disagree. I wonder why?
I think squiddy himself or at least his influence has destroyed the pillars and that it is in some way attached to the Hylden, for good or ill. Oh well, well shall soon find out, yay!

moose562
30th Oct 2003, 20:04
doesn't the elder say in sr2 that he can see all in all different time streams etc or something along those lines

well, if you look in one of the sr2 cutscenes involving the elder god, he has a tentacle whirring up one of the pillars. from playing BO, it looks like the pillar he is attached to is none other than the dimension pillar. was it not azimuth the planer who could see the different planes (with her third eye Kain takes to restore the dimension piallar) and using a time streaming device bring monsters and demons into the real world? perhaps EG is using the same methods used by azimuth. --- more connections, isn't kain supposed to get a dimension reaver? i think there is more to the pillars than meets the eye so to speak. ahem. ;)

by wrapping himself around the pillars he can somehow constrict power from them - i dunno! :confused: im prepared to wait and watch my little IGN clips! lol thanks to legacyofkain.de