PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite task in C3?

bluesun
29th Oct 2003, 15:37
I have just finished the first and second campaign. Up to now my most favorites are Stop Bomb Deployment and Ambush The Convoy.
SBD is exicting because of the time limit. Only one person to eliminate all the enemies and vehicles in 15 minutes. Actually it is less than 15m in real time. My computer runs much faster than my friends', so I found SBD to be every time critical while my friend went through it with a cigarette.
ATC is great since it do like an ambush. Push allied infantries in position, place a-p mines and a-t mine on the road, knock out the enemy sniper when he approaches, use all kinds of weapons avalaible, etc.. That is awesome. Though bugs is standing by, it is a good task(I blowed the amored vehicle which leads the truck before it went into the town, then I was unable to get green, spy and thief out of that truck!)
Another interesting task should be Cripple Nazi Support. I got C3 for a while and was disappointed when playing "Kill the Sniper" and "Protect the General". It was when I saw my friends playing Cripple Nazi Support did I start to play C3 again. Now I myself is heading this task....

So what's your favorite?

Twitch
30th Oct 2003, 16:04
gee I'd sure like to comment on those swell missions but my C3 is so screwed up it is now unplayable :mad:

CurtX
30th Oct 2003, 19:17
My favorite task will be uninstalling the game.

David
30th Oct 2003, 20:16
mine fav task was ambush the convoy...just loved the action there!

bluesun
30th Oct 2003, 22:59
Originally posted by CurtX
My favorite task will be uninstalling the game.

I uninstalled BEL and MOC making place for C3, now I am regretting...:(

kanez
30th Oct 2003, 23:52
yeah, none of them, to be honest.

David
31st Oct 2003, 00:48
Originally posted by bluesun
I uninstalled BEL and MOC making place for C3, now I am regretting...:(

actualy you can unistall c3 and install those games again. no a big deal;)
but honestly speaking i havent unistalled c2 for nearly 1.5 years now ;)

WheresTheBeef
31st Oct 2003, 01:01
Originally posted by David
actualy you can unistall c3 and install those games again. no a big deal;)
but honestly speaking i havent unistalled c2 for nearly 1.5 years now ;)

Neither have I... and it looks to me like C2 will remain my main Commandos game until they come out with a REAL C3. It's headed for ebay if there is no promise in the near future of a free map pack and some changes to justify the cost of this sick puppy.

bluesun
31st Oct 2003, 04:26
:) Only 3do's Heroes of Might and Magic stayed longer than the Commandos did in my PC. Unfortuantely, 3do has bankrupted and HOMM was taken by Ubi. Now the far-from-statisfied C3 concludes the Commandos series. :( Hope Blizzard will ever stand!

Twitch
31st Oct 2003, 15:55
Let's all meet at the C2 forum and have some fun re-running missions again, I guess. I did some mods for C2 that help keep some minor interest. Most are new stromger sounds. Some things are changable and others are not even after modding the correct file. There are other things about what and how to change by other people also at:

http://commandos3.gamerspulse.com/html/

David
31st Oct 2003, 22:32
btw twitch, why you dont visit or post in tafn anymore?

WheresTheBeef
2nd Nov 2003, 18:03
Uninstalling it :p

On a more serious note... I've tried replaying the missions but there's really nothing of interest and timed missions really don't have much of a replay factor, so I've gone back to playing C2 for my Commandos addiction... much more fullfilling.

Twitch
3rd Nov 2003, 15:43
David- I can't get the TAFN site to load. It times out beforehand. !!??

Mike_B
3rd Nov 2003, 16:09
Try the direct link of the forum:

http://www.gamerspulse.com/commandoboard

the main page is loading slow..