PDA

View Full Version : too easy

JackalRules
28th Oct 2003, 15:49
How the hell can anybody think this game is too hard!! I think I did around 12 hours on the whole game. This game is way easier then CBEL. Which was probably the hardest of all.
This timne you (almost) never have to kill all enemies, only the train and the beach in Normandy. Which looked quite amazing and hard. But the sounds made it look harder then it was!
So I payed €46 euros for this game and finished it already!

Twitch
28th Oct 2003, 20:04
Yes and the sad part is it is tightly scripted with time constraints so you can't enjoy trying a zillion other ways to complete a mission as you could in C2.

David
29th Oct 2003, 03:35
it was hard at first! at least till the end of berlin.
you guys probably completed demo zillion times to play so good.

Rammstein
29th Oct 2003, 06:14
Actually, David - having completed this little title in 7 hours, I'm a bit more than disappointed. They could have really put more thought into the mission settings and could have ended this series as it began, with around 25 missions full of everything! This game just lacked that content, in story, tools, difficulty and general content. ;)

Foxtrot
29th Oct 2003, 11:28
Rammstein, again u're right. To short, instead of adding new stuff to make the game more complex they cut off from them. Once u play any of the title and the game it's in your blood any other it's simple, so, why didn't they make it more interesting, long and difficult? They don't care. The money are in their pockets, so why bother to do anything else. A good aggresive marketing to make the gamers suffer waiting for the release, and make as lot money as possible until the first oppinions appear end spread. i was expecting the release more then my birthday, i'm not joking. u see we got ripped off and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

sick
29th Oct 2003, 12:07
March 26, 1982
i love checking ppls profiles:)

Twitch
30th Oct 2003, 16:29
You know even if everything worked well and there were no major bugs and it had hot keys- just look at the size of the maps. Zoom out. Now go to C2 and do the same. Some of C2's bonus missions are as large as full missions in C3. In C2 there was something in every interior room. In C3 you wander around the rooms with nothing in them and wonder why you bothered to enter. The intircate C2 maps are gone with 12 "bonus" style missions in C3. And the whole commandos teamwork tactics are gone with all these C2 bonus mission scenarios with 1 or 2 commandos in C3.

WheresTheBeef
30th Oct 2003, 18:40
Twitch, you're right... most of the teamwork is gone with using only 1 or 2 commandos. And what's worse is the fact that if they DID add in more commandos for a mission, you think it's easy now? You can go through all the missions in one night as it is... the maps just couldn't support more commandos IMHO. I didn't even use Tiny storming the beach... completed the entire mission with one allied soldier :(

David
30th Oct 2003, 20:50
Originally posted by Foxtrot
Rammstein, again u're right. To short, instead of adding new stuff to make the game more complex they cut off from them. Once u play any of the title and the game it's in your blood any other it's simple, so, why didn't they make it more interesting, long and difficult? They don't care. The money are in their pockets, so why bother to do anything else. A good aggresive marketing to make the gamers suffer waiting for the release, and make as lot money as possible until the first oppinions appear end spread. i was expecting the release more then my birthday, i'm not joking. u see we got ripped off and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

salut! i know that feeling, when you except game more then b-day! i had same looong time ago, back in spring. unfortunately no more such games remains. (except syberia 2 and doom3)

CurtX
31st Oct 2003, 00:32
Any game mission that requires you to reload over 20 times or more during a 15 minute span is probably a sure sign it could be too hard. Now, nobody here can convince me that they didn't have to reload that many times for stopping the bomb deployment. I'd think you're a liar if you say you didn't.

I always hate seeing threads like this for hard games. There's always a few people who say "it's too easy." Just because you were able to complete the game in 7 hours doesn't mean it is an easy game. (short, yes). Easy implies a cakewalk, and this game like the others in the series, is no cakewalk.

WheresTheBeef
31st Oct 2003, 01:34
Originally posted by CurtX
Any game mission that requires you to reload over 20 times or more during a 15 minute span is probably a sure sign it could be too hard. Now, nobody here can convince me that they didn't have to reload that many times for stopping the bomb deployment. I'd think you're a liar if you say you didn't.

I always hate seeing threads like this for hard games. There's always a few people who say "it's too easy." Just because you were able to complete the game in 7 hours doesn't mean it is an easy game. (short, yes). Easy implies a cakewalk, and this game like the others in the series, is no cakewalk.

You seriously can't believe C3 is near as difficult as BTCOD? or most of C2? You can Storm The Normandy Beach with ONE allied soldier and complete that mission while the rest lie in comfort on the beach with Tiny(without reloading once). Not even have to use Tiny? That's sad.

Obviously there's no sense telling you how many times I reloaded in Stop Bomb Deployment but it sure wasn't near 20. If you go east and sucker them into an ambush (so they run around the fence into your pistol) and up along the tracks (using a rifle on autofire - since the guys on the other side can't see you and won't run across the tracks to investigate), there is not much reason to reload until you throw the first nade to attract them all to one spot (the large machine gunner post).

The guys that remain over by the truck (that is to be moved off the tracks) don't have weapons (other than the two in the fields which are easy to take out with the rifle before hand from the other side of the fence behind that building), and Tiny can run and knife them all in a matter of seconds and only gets punched a few times.

The only one I remember reloading a number of times was the first one of Normandy (night time one) and likely because that was were I started out.

I'm not trying to belittle your gaming experience but perhaps we play different styles. The way I play using a lot of ambush, I found this game pretty unchallenging compared to its predecessors. It was all over in one weekend (two nights). :/

Man I wish this game had replays.