PDA

View Full Version : Question about Defiance for PS2 - shiping ?

Azira
28th Oct 2003, 10:31
HI

I have a question regarding the shiping of the PS2 version of Defiance, i live in Germany and therefore i wanted to know if there is any way to pre-order or simpüly import the game from the USA to Germany and if a German PS2 is able to play/use the game. The game will first come out on the 31 of december (in Germany) and thats too long for me.
:rolleyes:

Greets,
Azira

Zohar de Malkchour
28th Oct 2003, 10:59
No, It is impossible, the codes of PS2 of these two countries are different (there 9 areas in the world, Japans and Europeans are in the same area lol, but not North America).

NightChyld
28th Oct 2003, 12:00
why would they have multiple codes for differnt locations? Just doesn't make sense to me. If they used universal codes it would be SOOO much easier and we could deliever games to our European friends in a timely fashion. Does it have to do with language differences

Dark_Child
28th Oct 2003, 12:39
Originally posted by NightChyld
why would they have multiple codes for differnt locations? Just doesn't make sense to me. If they used universal codes it would be SOOO much easier and we could deliever games to our European friends in a timely fashion. Does it have to do with language differences

That would be easier, and that's the reason why they don't do it. They want us to buy the games in our region.

@ Azira
You can modifie your PS2 just as I did. Now i can play Japanese and Us games on my console.
To Import games is no problem, if you have a Creditcard, there are so many shops in the internet.
By the way, the Game doesn't come on December 31th, that would be Sylvester. We all presume it comes on December 15th or 16th.
But if you can't wait so long, in the UK it probably comes on November 28th, you can play this Version on your German PS2, because UK and Germany are both european Countries.

Are you already a member in the German EIDOS - Forum? If not, we are always pleased about new members:)

http://www.eidoshelpline.de/forum/forumdisplay.php3?s=&forumid=18

Stephenls
28th Oct 2003, 15:29
Originally posted by NightChyld

You hit the nail on the head. They don't want people to import games and DVDs from other regions, because that would mess up their distribution system and reduce region profits in all areas other than North America. So they use region codes to make sure things are incompatible.

I hate regions with a passion, but there isn't really anything we can do about it.

Azira
28th Oct 2003, 16:01
@ Dark_Child

Thanks for that tipp :D

I would love to play both japanese and american games, but how can i modify my ps2 ( i hope its allowed to discuss those things here...*prays*)? I mean, the 15th or 16th of December is still a long way to go, and i wouldnt hear those neat voices of simon and others. Btw. does the English version have the same voices as the USA, and if so, how come its later released than the USA version ??? - Because of the different code you mentioned ?

Great idea with the german forum, dont ask me why but i never looked into it :confused:

Greets,
Azira

Dark_Child
28th Oct 2003, 16:24
You must have a Modchip to play import games. I have the messiah 2 Chip, but the DMS3 is the best.
The Chips are expansive, because you also need somebody who installs it. I payed for the messiah 2 Chip and the proffessional Installation 90€. The DMS3 with Installation is about 120€ (and for that money you can also buy an US-PS2 on ebay, for example)

The UK and the US voices are the same (I have the US and the Europ. Soul Reaver 2). Yes you're right it comes later because of the different code, but that's only one reason, the other is "marketing", but I don't know about these things:rolleyes:

If you come to the german Forum: If you have questions... I am "Nixname" there:)

Azira
28th Oct 2003, 16:40
Originally posted by Dark_Child
You must have a Modchip to play import games. I have the messiah 2 Chip, but the DMS3 is the best.
The Chips are expansive, because you also need somebody who installs it. I payed for the messiah 2 Chip and the proffessional Installation 90€. The DMS3 with Installation is about 120€ (and for that money you can also buy an US-PS2 on ebay, for example)

The UK and the US voices are the same (I have the US and the Europ. Soul Reaver 2). Yes you're right it comes later because of the different code, but that's only one reason, the other is "marketing", but I don't know about these things:rolleyes:

If you come to the german Forum: If you have questions... I am "Nixname" there:)

Thanks Dark_Child for that info :D
I'll see to it to get one of these Chips as sson as possible, well probably meet in the german forums sometime soon.....

greets,
Azira