PDA

View Full Version : Maybe An Add-On Needed?

The~Diver
27th Oct 2003, 20:57
I feel that C2 was much more fun than C3 in the sense that it was a lot easier making it more fun.So this brings me to my point I think that a addon is needed with puts more hot keys in and maybe a few more levels.You could even get a patch which put more hot keys on for you.

Does any one agree?

David
27th Oct 2003, 21:01
of course mate!!! i want add-on too as it will prolong the fun for me!
the problem is A LOT of people wont buy it, cuz they will think pyro/eidos want to sneak their money out.
:(

sick
27th Oct 2003, 21:09
yeah ofcourse
prolly they make a add-on with 12 missions... the 12 they took out! :mad:

David
27th Oct 2003, 22:14
i have doubts that they ever had 24 missions! c'mon there was no pics of other missions. it was some kind of a lie or misunderstanding.

Foxtrot
28th Oct 2003, 11:51
David what can i say! u're right a game that has 12 mission to complete in 20-25 hours is a compete game.... u get paid by these guys? not 2 say that is full of bugs. for 50$ they could at least make a serious check for bugs. I'm sure that the add-on WILL be a way only to fool us for other money. C1 & C2 excellent work but this... this is crap! for some artwork and other stupid changes they've done nothing.
Instead off them i would've use C2 and make a addon. This can't be told "a game", THIS, this is a stupid beta (the most) version.

David
28th Oct 2003, 14:27
you missunderstood me mate. i ment that pyro lied that game has 24 missions!

sick
28th Oct 2003, 15:27
pyro told us loads of lies! but im sure that there are 20 - 24 missions being made...
if there will be a add-on the price should be low, if you need to pay 35 bucks for it they are the most biggest arses i ever know. a fair price should be 20 bucks...

more lies here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25497

Twitch
28th Oct 2003, 20:30
I've written reviews and such in the combat gaming industry for like 10+ years and have had lots of face to face talks with developers, imagineers and production folks. I can categorically tell you that none of them believe in add-ons anymore. It's all about the $$ and they can't make any doing that as much as we'd all like to see it. The teams are dispersed to other new projects and you are lucky to get a patch. The last REAL add-on I can recall was for the 1992 Dynamix flight sim Aces Over the Pacific where they released "1946" with cool "what if" missions and experimental planes. Hell Microsoft charged $30 for ONE new additional plane and its missions in Combat Flight Sim 1.

I'd be very surprised to see any add-on missions ever or even a patch before December since the bugs are not just like in C2 where you had a crash if you shot out of a certain window and the commandos wiggled around too much when they were lying down as you aimed weapons. The thing is so bad that people are having serious problems but not all have the same ones.

David
29th Oct 2003, 03:44
Originally posted by sick

more lies here:

it is not a lie tom. if you compare idoors in c3 and c2 you will see a lot of difference even with your mode. i think they have redone interior engine completely, even thugh they had something in c2. what else would take 2 years of developement. show efects are just a copy from praetorians ? you havent programed mate, you dont know how long it takes to do all that stuff. (but neither do i :p)

WheresTheBeef
29th Oct 2003, 10:00
Originally posted by David
it is not a lie tom. if you compare idoors in c3 and c2 you will see a lot of difference even with your mode. i think they have redone interior engine completely, even thugh they had something in c2. what else would take 2 years of developement. show efects are just a copy from praetorians ? you havent programed mate, you dont know how long it takes to do all that stuff. (but neither do i :p)

Anyone should concede it takes a lot of time to write a new graphics engine, but what good is all that eye candy if you only get to look at it for one weekend (the amount of time it takes to play those 12 little maps)? Not much.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the new eye candy (Pyro's always had the best texture artists hands down), but one is only fasinated by it for a short time. It does nothing for the playability of the game other than create a slight increase in the immersion factor. Removing much of the gameplay features in exchange for ambience, was criminal IMHO.

WheresTheBeef
29th Oct 2003, 10:02
Originally posted by sick
pyro told us loads of lies! but im sure that there are 20 - 24 missions being made...
if there will be a add-on the price should be low, if you need to pay 35 bucks for it they are the most biggest arses i ever know. a fair price should be 20 bucks...

more lies here:

It better be free! The game costs MORE than C2 and has almost half the maps, and the maps are 1/3 the size!