PDA

View Full Version : a game for the trashcan ?

Wurzelseppi
27th Oct 2003, 19:48
Hello,

a friend of mine and me were looking forward commandos 3 for the last year.
We were talking about the whole atmosphere and exitement of the first two parts and even started to play the second part again together

........but...i guess the most disappointing moment since several month was, when we installed the game and saw how bad it was done by pyro.....especially the multiplayer mode........worst of all the missing cooparative mode where you can play the campaigns together in the network.

i´m almost guessing that i rarely wasted my money more than with this game.......if any of the more important guys reads this please believe me, next time i wont be that stupid again and buy any of your products because it´s an eidos / pyro game......it seems that you´ve lost your nack on creating great games.

A very very disappointed ex-fan....

WeinerMan
27th Oct 2003, 20:42
worst of all the missing cooparative mode
this was known long before the game showed up at a store near you...if coop mode was so important, why didn't you find out if it had it before you spent your money? same with hot keys. it was known long before the game hit the stores that the the keys were not mappable and significantyl reduced from C2. doesn't anyone investigate before they shell out 50 bucks? the only surprise i got was the resolution being fixed...

David
27th Oct 2003, 20:59
actualy i find the 2 new multiplayer modes are 10 times mroe fun then coop. i dont know for how long it will last though.

Twitch
28th Oct 2003, 19:57
Wurzelseppi- your disappointment is felt by almost everyone.

David
29th Oct 2003, 03:33
except me....ok, i admit pyro and eidos payed me, though i had to spend a lot of money buying frinks for them, so they would pay me :) but not enough, so i can still say c3 is too short :D

WheresTheBeef
29th Oct 2003, 10:25
Originally posted by WeinerMan
this was known long before the game showed up at a store near you...if coop mode was so important, why didn't you find out if it had it before you spent your money? same with hot keys. it was known long before the game hit the stores that the the keys were not mappable and significantyl reduced from C2. doesn't anyone investigate before they shell out 50 bucks? the only surprise i got was the resolution being fixed...
That's odd, because right on the box I have it says "deathmatch and cooperative multiplayer modes for up to 12 players". Who would assume coop meant something different? And as for checking it out before buying it, I checked the official site and was registered for their newletter and neither of them ever mentioned the hotkeys would be long gone and the list of other things missing that one would expect to carry over from a successful series.

They ought not to expect people to hunt down this info from places other than their official site or on a forum where rumors abound and facts are often hard to come by (or sorting fact from fiction, as if one has the time).

The basic principal is that one expects most features to be carried over from its predecessor with more features added, not remove many of them so the end result is you have less features and gameplay than the prior version. It would be nonsensical to assume otherwise.

WheresTheBeef
29th Oct 2003, 10:35
Originally posted by payne to the max
the beef is up your ass on the back it says multiplayer deathmatch for up to 12 players not cooperative u talking **** mate this game sucks donkey **** just face it
Well, then you're either blind, stupid, or both. I just quoted what was on my box. Perhpas you have a special box? You know... for "mentally challenged" people such as yourself? Are you really that stupid or just pretending?

I've seen your other posts... you are the perfect example of what happens when you donate your brain to science when you weren't done using it. :D

Twitch
30th Oct 2003, 16:37
Quote from packaging jacket "Experience WWII warfare head-to-head in all new deathmatch and cooperative multiplayer modes for up to 12 players."

Georgie
31st Oct 2003, 16:38
A. doesn't work good with less than 512MB RAM/128MB graphics card.

B. Missing hotkeys greatly reduce tha fun of playing the game.

C. Driver was probably killed in action.

D. Too short.

Wasted money.