PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] whats with all these different reavers?

omegafury
27th Oct 2003, 03:11
blood reaver, soul reaver, dimension reaver,

im too confused by all this. i thought it was called the soul reaver. regardless of the fact that it's a blood sucking weapon and all the other stuff it can do.

SpliffTastic
27th Oct 2003, 03:29
Alright, first there was the Blood Reaver. It was a sword imbued with vampiric energy or something like that. It sucked blood. Then, at some point, a soul-devouring spirit was imprisoned within the blade. Therefore, it became the Soul Reaver. It was revealed in the game Soul Reaver 2 that the spirit within the Soul Reaver is actually Raziel.
As for the other blades (i.e. the Dimension Reaver), these are either the Blood Reaver or the Soul Reaver after they have been "imbued" with a certain kind of energy. This is just a temporary power-up. They used these in Soul Reaver 1 and 2, also. Hope that helps.
Probably didn't need the spoiler tag as most everyone has played and beat Soul Reaver 2, but still...

Stephenls
27th Oct 2003, 04:18
More specifically, it looks like Raziel will get a bunch of elemental Reaver upgrades (Fire, Water, Material, Earth, Air, Spirit, Light and Dark Reavers), while Kain will get... other Reaver upgrades, but we don't really know the pattern yet. Possibly they'll be based on the Pillars, although possibly not.

TempySmurf
27th Oct 2003, 12:54
I never really thought about it much but, do the reaver forges line up with the different pillars? Or is it just the typical air water fire earth spirit dark light? Is there a thread about it anywhere?

JGibbs86
27th Oct 2003, 13:52
I don't think they line up with the pillars, because there are the pillars of the mind, nature, death, balance, time etc.. and so I think its just your typical elemental fonts.

Hope this has helped

JGibbs86

TheElderGodofNosgoth
27th Oct 2003, 13:58
The Nine Pillars, Mind, Dimension, Conflict, Nature, Energy, Time, States, Death, and Balance, balance the elements of Water, Earth, Air, Fire, Light, Dark, and Spirit. This is how I think it is going to work. The Reaver is the key to unlocking the pillars so when the Reaver unlocks a piller it get its generic energy. When the Reaver is forged with an element it gets a specific energy. In any case all will be explained on the 12 of November 2003.

HolyMoses
27th Oct 2003, 14:19
JGibbs86 I don't think they line up with the pillars, because there are the pillars of the mind, nature, death, balance, time etc.. and so I think its just your typical elemental fonts.

I use to think that, until I played SR2 for the umteinth time. I was in the chamber below the pillars, just after Raziel had spoken to the Elder God. (Doesn't matter what time line you're there in, the connection is apprent no matter what).

If you look carefully on the ground, there are the symbols of the Air, Dark, Fire, and Light reaver forges on the ground surrounding the pillars. There are also other symbols that have not been introduced in the game, probably other forges that will be revealed some other time.

Vampmaster
27th Oct 2003, 14:36
Lightning and Ice Reavers have been suggested on the official site. That makes 9 for Raz and 9 for Kain. Also in some SR2 concept art, each of the pillars has had it's original symbol replaced with an elemental symbol. So I think part of the Reavers purpose as the key is to upgrade the pillars from conceptual to elemental somehow. Of course I'm just speculating.

Reidbynature
27th Oct 2003, 19:18
The Nine Pillars, Mind, Dimension, Conflict, Nature, Energy, Time, States, Death, and Balance, balance the elements of Water, Earth, Air, Fire, Light, Dark, and Spirit. This is how I think it is going to work. The Reaver is the key to unlocking the pillars so when the Reaver unlocks a piller it get its generic energy. When the Reaver is forged with an element it gets a specific energy.

So if that is true. We might have to go through the pillar guardians to get them.

Unholy Messiah
27th Oct 2003, 19:24
I started a thread very similar to this over on Omega's site, but didn't get much response. Anyway, I came to believe that each "elemental reaver" relates to one of ther pillars in that each pillar must be unlocked by one of the elements. This I believe would also give some purpose for there being huge temple like forges throughout nosgoth. And if you're thinking well, there's no "Mind Reaver" to correspond to the pillar of the mind... I don't think it has anything to do with a direct correlation, the only thing I think is important is that each reaver's color corresponds to the color on one of the pillars.

TheElderGodofNosgoth
27th Oct 2003, 22:18
But there are only seven elemental reavers and there are nine pillars.

omegafury
28th Oct 2003, 00:49
then how exactly does the reaver link to the pillars? that being either raziel's or kain's reaver.

Unholy Messiah
28th Oct 2003, 02:03
Didn't say I had all the answers, just simple speculation... :)

§ycavier
28th Oct 2003, 03:58
about the elemental reavers linking up to the pillars.... all you have to do to confirm your point is to look at the bottom room of the pillars in SR2. There are the elemental reaver signs on the ground infront of the pillars. light, dark, earth...etc. and the one in the center isd the spirit reaver sign. so i think that we may be on to something here

Sayel
28th Oct 2003, 11:49
you should check out this chamber diagram by corpse87.

it is very well explained.

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/games/gamepics2/ChamberPlatform.jpg

TempySmurf
28th Oct 2003, 12:28
nice

Stephenls
28th Oct 2003, 15:31
Originally posted by Sayel
you should check out this chamber diagram by corpse87.

it is very well explained.

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/games/gamepics2/ChamberPlatform.jpg

Oooh. Shiny.

Unholy Messiah
28th Oct 2003, 15:35
Interesting, I had never noticed that was all around the pillars before... I think what we have said above could be a possibility... :)

omegafury
28th Oct 2003, 19:37
go to the kain's story thread.

someone in there said that vampires were the original circle of nine, but after the curse of bloodlust the responsibility fell on humans.

vampires were the forgers of the reaver and guardians of the pillars, that must be how they're linked.

it seems to me that the hylden wanted access to the dimension blocked by the pillars, because the dimension grants immortality (in the aging sense) to those inside it, so the reaver was forged to combat them and use the power of the pillars to do so. so gaining these elemental powers has always been an objective for the reaver

it's only a theory, but right now i feel like i've solved everything about thr reaver, and the hylden/vampire feud.

Vampmaster
29th Oct 2003, 10:49
Originally posted by TheElderGodofNosgoth
But there are only seven elemental reavers and there are nine pillars.

Originally posted by Vampmaster
Lightning and Ice Reavers have been suggested on the official site.

I also think that the diagram might move as if the elements also represent planets or relationships between dimentions or something like that. I bet they've changed the diagram for Defiance.