ALE_A
26th Oct 2003, 19:16
HOLAAAAAAA
AMIGOS DE LoK
DEBERIAN HACER Q LA PAGINA DE LEGACY OF Kain defieance
estubiera en español tambien,,,,,,por ahora eso nomas

MountainDewNut
26th Oct 2003, 20:01
We don't restrict posts in different languages, but since this is an english board, please post an english translation along with your post. Thanks :)

Umah Bloodomen
27th Oct 2003, 01:17
Thanks for remembering, Sanafa. :)

If it's not too much of a problem, could you also translate MDN's post for our new friend and perhaps encourage him/her to use a translator?

Muchas Gracias.

Translation: Many thanks.

My Spanish is limited, but I try. ;)

And while I am at it, can you translate the initial post? I'm confused as to whether the inquiry is SR related (as stated in the title) or LOKD-related as what appears to be referenced in the actual post.

ALE_A
27th Oct 2003, 02:13
Buenisima noticia al saber QUE hay personas hablando español en este Foro y sobre todo chilenos!
Yo soy de viña del Mar aqui en CHILE....... jajj
Soy un fans mas de la saga completa de LoK ......(Soul reaver.Blood ommen) quiero saber mas a cerca de la nueva entrega de Eidos! ya que existen puras paginas en ingles.... igual entiendo pero no hay en spanish.... podriamos hacer una ... jjj es refacil...

ojala me pueda contactar por msn o otro medio con uds ! o por aqui .....

Y Por lo de hablar en ingles are lo posible...

Hy I 'M Ale from Viña del mar in CHILE ...... I am faithful follower of the saga of legacy of kain.
I want to inform myself but to near this new delivery. LoK.D

THANKS....BYE

http://www.dinosauriox.com/_papelera/foro/archivos/raziel_17.jpg

someguysteve
27th Oct 2003, 03:34
i believe that the first message says something along the lines of they should legacy of kain pages in spanish too.

the second of his maybe says
hes happy that there are spanish speakers on the forum and people from chile. hes a fan of the series and he wants to know more about defiance. he knows there are many english sites, and thinks that spanish versions should be made. he also hopes to contact us with msn or this forum. and that last sentence may say that its possible to communicate in english.

this is terrible, i've taken 4 years of spanish and with less than a year of not speaking any i've forgotten so much.

edit:
try using this http://babelfish.altavista.com/ its a pretty decent way of translating text and websites though better probably exist

Umah Bloodomen
27th Oct 2003, 04:19
Thanks for your contribution, someguysteve, I have used Babelfish in the past. (Although the grammar isn't too hot).

Ale_A ~ Please continue your personal discussion in Spanish with Sanafa via private channels (PM's and/or email). We ask that the entirety of your post is accompanied by an English translation here.

Also, I am moving this thread to the Legacy of Kain: Defiance forums (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=106)

Thanks. :)

Xeratule
27th Oct 2003, 09:05
Hola! Soy de Santo Domingo y yo tambien es un fanático de este juego. Yo creo que es un idea muy bueno para tener este juego in español, pero los actores(agentes? excuse mi spanglish) americanos son muy bueno.

Translation: Hey! I'm from Santo Domingo and I'm also a big fan of this game. I think it would be a good idea to have this game in spanish, but the American actors are too good to pass up.

Valzara
27th Oct 2003, 10:03
Greetings, sanafa, what's the mieaning of the word: AMIGO ?
I saw it a lot in other games.

Dark_Child
27th Oct 2003, 12:36
In Europe you have Spanish translated LOK Games. For example in the europ. Version of SR2 you can choose Spanish, I like the spanish voice of Raziel very much, but Kain's isn't so good.

I must agree, it's better to have a dubbed Version. I tried to play the English version and although I have English in school for more than 7 years now, I wasn't able to understand most things. In the Games, there is such a "high" English, it's really hard. They use words I've never heard before, they use difficult words. (Ok, if i play in German, there is also a "high" German:D )..

Thank God, there is dubbing. Subtitels would suck :p

HolyMoses
27th Oct 2003, 14:14
Thank God, there is dubbing. Subtitels would suck

I don't know what you're talking about. All of the kung-fu movies I watch, are subtitled, all of the anime I watch, subtitiled.

I, personally, think that when you dubb a movie into another language you lose some of the quality. Dubbing Editors try to change the dialog so that it fits into the length of time the person is talking. You also lose a bit of the attitude, some of the feeling behind the words when you dubb as well.

With subtitles, you need not worry about any of that. The only thing that is required is that you learn to read a little bit faster than what you're use to.

Random side note: Ever watch any of your favorite English DVD's in subtitles? Sometimes, when a character says something in the background, (that isn't relative to the story), it'll show up on subtitles. Just makes it interesting and a DVD that you're use to re-watchable.

Dark_Child
27th Oct 2003, 15:37
I don't know where you live (some countries only have subtitles), but subtitles are terrible, I only watch dubbed movies, I' d never watch subtitles. I can't read and watch. Subtitles destroy the atmosphere. And sometimes dubbed versions are better than the original.

I admire dubbing Editors, they do a great work. How they can translate things, that are nearly untranslatable. I don't think that you loose the attitude or the feeling, on the contrary.

I only watch sometimes 4 to 5 minutes in English to hear how the original voices sound, but I would never watch a whole movie with subtitles.

If you have a good dubbing, you don't loose the quality. For example in school, we watched "Dead Poet's Society" in English, I bought the DVD and watched it ("Der Club der toten Dichter") at home in German, and there wasn't any quality missing.

I think a good dubbing is standard, like in Soul Reaver or Blood Omen or Kingdom hearts.
I don't like even Games with subtitles like Onimusha, how do you think would the English speaking react, if all the games, that are dubbed in English would be in Japanese with subtitles? That nearly never happens, so why should I be satisfied with subtitles?

@ HolyMoses
Sorry for this long speech, but my dream is to become a dubbing editor, and your answer...;)

HolyMoses
27th Oct 2003, 15:46
I live in the US, and I've seen my fair share of dubbing. It's actually sick the way some dubbing editors butcher the story lines so that the dubbed lyrics can fit inside the mouth phrase of the individual who's suppose to be speaking them.

Try watching a DVD in your language, and set the subtitles so you can read it as well. You'll see what I mean, it's almost a totally different story. There are some sentences in german that are much longer than it's english counterparts.

If you can't read and watch, then I guess you'll have to suffer the edited story line. For those of us who can, I'm sure they'd agree that subtitiles don't take away the aspects of the story.

I loved Onimusha, and also noticed that the words they were saying varried from the English dubbing to the English subtitled.

This is only my 2 cents.

Glucolisis
27th Oct 2003, 16:04
Señores, no es correcto hablar en español en este foro. No es que tengan nada en contra de los que hablan otros idiomas, es que las reglas dicen que hay que hablar en inglés porque Eidos es una compañ*a gringa.

Por favor, antes de que la moderadora del forum borre esta conversación, traduscan lo que han escrito al inglés.

Bueno, yo soy de República Dominicana y soy un enfermo con esta serie, los tengo todos para PC y cuando Defiance salga para PC lo compraré también.

Hablamos luego y me da mucho gusto saber que hay gente el latinoamérica que le gusta Legacy of Kain.

Remember translate your posts or delete them. And in the future remember, this is an english forum.

Umah Bloodomen
27th Oct 2003, 18:44
Look, I really would rather not close this thread. It's clear our friend can understand and respond in English (either on his own, or with the help of a translator). This is the last time I am going to advise the participants of this thread to fully translate whatever is posted in Spanish directly in their posts or simply post in English.

If you wish to carry out your discussion without an English translation, take it through private channels.

Thanks.

RA Fox
27th Oct 2003, 22:58
That's not because it's written in spanish , Sanafa :)
It's just because not everyone can understand it and still it is english forum.

Dark_Child
27th Oct 2003, 23:42
Originally posted by HolyMoses
I live in the US, and I've seen my fair share of dubbing. It's actually sick the way some dubbing editors butcher the story lines so that the dubbed lyrics can fit inside the mouth phrase of the individual who's suppose to be speaking them.

Try watching a DVD in your language, and set the subtitles so you can read it as well. You'll see what I mean, it's almost a totally different story. There are some sentences in german that are much longer than it's english counterparts.

If you can't read and watch, then I guess you'll have to suffer the edited story line. For those of us who can, I'm sure they'd agree that subtitiles don't take away the aspects of the story.

I loved Onimusha, and also noticed that the words they were saying varried from the English dubbing to the English subtitled.

This is only my 2 cents.

I'm sorry that you don't like dubbing. But I haven't made any bad experiences with it. Of course some meanings are maybe different, but there's never a totally different story.

Even if I'd learn to read and watch, I don't want that. It's another atmosphere, I can't explain it.

"I loved Onimusha, and also noticed that the words they were saying varried from the English dubbing to the English subtitled"

I don't know about Onimusha, I play English with German subtitels. But in Final Fantasy 10 it's very fun. Because the German subtitels are a 1:1 translation from the japanese original, and the english voices mostly say very different things (FFX has got a very easy English, so I can follow the spoken words).
Example:
English voices--> mhm
German subtitels --> "Da hast du Recht" (You're right)
That's fun:D

ALE_A
27th Oct 2003, 23:45
Good. I thank them to understand this situation.......
For that am very interested in LoKD. and I want to familiarize with people that he are also.
and please inform me to near news of LoKD
. it is also good idea to make one it paginates for LoKD in Spanish.

y TAMBIEN escriban un poquito en español porfa...Sanafa

Dark_Child
28th Oct 2003, 00:06
Yeah, I don't understand why the spanish (speaking) people don't have their on site or their own forum like the French and the German. So far as I can see, there are many spanish speaking LOK Fans.

I even don't understand why the french site is offline, although the Flag is there:D :confused:

Camus Audron
28th Oct 2003, 00:08
Hey! saludos a todos! Yo soy Colombiano =O mas colombianos por aqui?

=O pero que mano de hermanos hispanos que tenemos aqui! =D me alegro de saber que no son pocos los hispanos que nos gusta LOK =)...y yo tengo un SR en español(de españa...con acento y todo), y la verdad me parece que suena muy bien, ya que el español de españa es bastante medieval y cuadra perfecto
(España ERA muy poderosa en ese tiempo)

En lo que si estoy de acuerdo es que en cualquier traduccion se cambia mucho el contenido, y aunque a veces enriquece el material(DB en español =D), la mayoria de veces es para mal, por eso es que me gusta mas los subtitulos, asi si no entiendo una palabra me puedo guiar por los subtitulos, pero no estoy sujeto a la traduccion y puedo verificar exactamente cual es el dialogo original

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! everybody! I'm Colombian =O any more colombians around?

=O whata bunch of hispan buds we have here!=D I'm glad to know that the hispan who like LOK arent few=)...I have a SR in spanish(with spain accent...there are many accents to spanish)and the truth is I think it sounds real good, because spain's spanish sounds pretty medieval and it fits perfectly (spain WAS pretty predominant in that time)

What I do agree with, is that any translation changes the content, and even though sometimes it makes the material richier(DB in spanish =D) Most of the times it's a loss, that's why I prefer subtitles, that way if I cant understand a word I can look it up in the subtitles, but I'm not bond by the translation and I can still check what was the exact original dialog.

ALE_A
28th Oct 2003, 01:07
GOOD FOR LoKD IN latin american america ....People wounds can speak spanish and English .
I TOO have soul reaver 1 and 2 and are with dialogos in Spanish.. I think that they are super well fact.... and the good thing that the voice of the personages herself mantien in the 1 and in the 2 (SR and SR2)...... And PODRIAN TO DO THE SAME THING WITH LokD. ...

GOOD THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR EIDOS IN SPAIN!! They DO A VERSION WITH DIALOGOS IN Spaniard AND they MAINTAIN THE VOICES OF THE PERSONAGES! ........................jjjjjj ojala read this message
--------------------------------Spanish

BIEN POR LoKD EN latino america ....People here can speak spanish and English

yo tambien tengo soul reaver 1 y 2 y estan con dialogos en español ..yo pienso que estan super bien hecho .... y lo bueno que la voz de los personajes se mantien en el 1 y en el 2 (SR and SR2)....... Y PODRIAN HACER LO MISMO CON LokD....

BUENO ESTE ES UN MENSAJE PARA EIDOS EN ESPAÑA !!! HAGAN UNA VERSION CON DIALOGOS EN ESPAÑOL Y MANTENGAN LAS VOCES DE LOS PERSONAJES!! ........................jjjjjj
ojala lean este mensaje

AND THANKS .......

http://www.dinosauriox.com/_papelera/foro/archivos/soul.jpg

superruzafa
10th Oct 2004, 09:57
Por favor, visitad este tema (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37674&highlight=espa%F1ol) que abr* hace unos meses.

------------------------------------------------

Please, visit this topic (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37674&highlight=espa%F1ol) I opened a few months ago.

Valzara
10th Oct 2004, 15:49
Er....... 'AMIGO' means ?

Umah Bloodomen
10th Oct 2004, 16:03
Originally posted by Valzara
Er....... 'AMIGO' means ?

"Friend".

Valzara
10th Oct 2004, 16:09
Thanks Umah. :)

*Umah you online 24 hours !?:eek:

Umah Bloodomen
10th Oct 2004, 16:41
Originally posted by Valzara
Thanks Umah. :)

*Umah you online 24 hours !?:eek:

Close to it. ;)

Smoke_Z
11th Oct 2004, 02:39
I can't remember the last time I watched Shrek in English. I realize that it was animated in English, but I like it so much better in French for some reason. I don't speak French, and have to reley on my memory and the subtitles.

As for watching the subtitles and they put something incosequential in... I left the closed-captioning on my television for some odd reason, and it is strange to see that. Of course, there's also being apalled because CC tends to get "flubbed" more often than not.

As for watching the anime movies, dubbed vs. translation, sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not. Sometimes, I think that the translators get bored and replace the actual tranlation on a 'filler conversation' with something totally ad-libbed. In 'Castle in the Sky,' the phrase, "I eat... well just about anything," was replaced with "I like pink cakes with the little sprinkles on top."

DJpick
20th Oct 2004, 16:59
I don't think the problem is that they aren't translating their posts. I think the problem is they can't. The english parts are HORRIBLY grammatically incorrect, which to me implies they are using translators for the whole thing. Babel fish is a nice vocab translator, but it sucks for prose.

I wish I remembered my 4 semesters of spanish :) I can remember words, but the grammar was always elusive for me.