PDA

View Full Version : X-Play Preview Video of Defiance.

LOKFan
25th Oct 2003, 09:33
This link was posted by Kain the Ancient on the NR forums.

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/reviews/story/0,24330,3536881,00.html

Go here to watch the Defiance preview. (And try not to be annoyed by the narrator :D )

Lines spoken by Raziel and the Elder God!

Elder God: Reliquish your will and feed.
Raziel: No!

Elder God: I can see into your heart Raziel.

There's also some dialogue in the Kain and Moebius scene but the narrator blocks it out with her voice.

Omega
25th Oct 2003, 10:28
Oh dear Lord!

How annoying is that woman?!

Mentioning that Kain has this "super-cool" telekinesis ability, yet mentioning nothing about Raziel having the exact same one!

"We think it's going to be alot of fun.... WEEEEEEE!"

Oh my Goddess! She almost put me off the game!

Cool trailer though, thanks for sharing :)

Edits
Also, the way she pronouced 'Eidos' was strange! Me being a Brit would put emphises on the 'E' (Eeee-dos) but she skipped out the 'E' alltogether! (Eye-dos)!

Is that how it's ment to be pronounced over there?

fneh
25th Oct 2003, 10:38
I say eye-dos and i'm a brit...

LOKFan
25th Oct 2003, 13:49
Originally posted by Omega
Oh dear Lord!

How annoying is that woman?!

Mentioning that Kain has this "super-cool" telekinesis ability, yet mentioning nothing about Raziel having the exact same one!

"We think it's going to be alot of fun.... WEEEEEEE!"

Oh my Goddess! She almost put me off the game!

I know! I just wanted to tell her to be quiet especially during the Kain & Moebius scene. I wanted to hear what was going on!

Originally posted by Omega
Edits
Also, the way she pronouced 'Eidos' was strange! Me being a Brit would put emphises on the 'E' (Eeee-dos) but she skipped out the 'E' alltogether! (Eye-dos)!

Is that how it's ment to be pronounced over there?

I've always pronounced it "eye-dos" although I've never actually heard anyone else say it.

Dark_Child
25th Oct 2003, 14:08
When i want to download it ther comes, that the page wasn't found.:(

Unholy Messiah
25th Oct 2003, 14:16
I don't know, Omega, she may have pronounced it wrong... Cause if you noticed she mispronounced, Hylden, and that is a pretty straight forward word... Doesn't surprise me though, with all her mindless babbling about "Kain, Kain, Kain" when Raz can do most of the same stuff, probably overloaded her brain... :p

Dark_Child
25th Oct 2003, 14:27
OK, got it:D

Chubben
25th Oct 2003, 14:37
When i try to watch it, i just hear the sound. No vision.
Somebody know what's wrong??

Unholy Messiah
25th Oct 2003, 14:44
You on a dial-up modem?... cause the same thing kinda happened to me... I got the sound fine and the video just skipped from one screen shot to the next... I blamed it on my modem... ;)

fneh
25th Oct 2003, 15:52
That's the joys of dial up on streaming videos

Kain The Ancient
25th Oct 2003, 16:24
For anyone that wants to download it on your pc, you just have to download StreamBox VCR suite from Here (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_capture_tools/streambox_vcr_suite.cfm) . Then , start StreamBox VCR v1.0 Beta 3.0 , and go enter the following url , which will start the download to your computer.

mms://stream.techtv.com/windows/xplay/2003/xp031013d_165_0.asf

If you want to make it into a .mpg , go to the Windows Media Player folder and open the old Windows Media Player (mplayer2.exe). Then simply drag the video in it , press Save as and add .mpg at the end of the filename. I don't think it really converts it , but I hate asf.

It would be really cool if someone would upload it to their site too.

Reaver of Souls
25th Oct 2003, 17:13
Originally posted by Kain The Ancient
It would be really cool if someone would upload it to their site too.

And perhaps some of the more techie people around here might be able to edit out her voice so we can hear what's being said? Or is that only actually possible in the movies?...Damn you hollywood...:rolleyes:

What was with Raz's health coil in that one though? It was kinda bubbled instead of a straight coil (was that an oxymoron? :rolleyes: oops :p ). In the middle trailer on the Eidos download page his health coil is normal, but not on this one..weird.

PsychoVamp
25th Oct 2003, 17:55
That StreamBox thing is frigging awesome!

blincoln
25th Oct 2003, 18:11
The demo version of HiDownload (http://www.hidownload.com/) works as well. I've never had much luck with Streambox for some reason.

Kain The Ancient
25th Oct 2003, 18:52
Legacyofkain.de just uploaded the video to their site , if you want an easyer download. And yah , streambox really owns , there's nothing quite as frustration as not being able to save streaming content , and streambox really works well.

X-Play Preview Download (WinRar) (http://www.legacyofkain.de/down/down.php?name=def_movie_techtv.rar)

Stephenls
25th Oct 2003, 19:12
Apparently I'm the only person in the whole wide world who's not annoyed by the narrator. Okay; I can live with that.

Chaotix
25th Oct 2003, 19:17
That was cool. I always thought it sounded something like ay-dos kind of like how neighbor sounds like nay-bor

SpliffTastic
25th Oct 2003, 19:46
Well, I used to pronounce it "eeeee-dos" until I noticed all the eyeballs on the main site. Just look at that bar at the top with all the links. On the right side is part of an eyeball. This leads me to believe that it is pronounced "eye-dos."

PsychoVamp
25th Oct 2003, 19:48
Originally posted by SpliffTastic
Well, I used to pronounce it "eeeee-dos" until I noticed all the eyeballs on the main site. Just look at that bar at the top with all the links. On the right side is part of an eyeball. This leads me to believe that it is pronounced "eye-dos."

Thats how it its said.

Azazel
25th Oct 2003, 21:35
It's not possible to write in English how I pronounced it. It's because when I first saw it, I had the habit of pronouncing native things the way I would pronounce it if it was Dutch and was written like that (I was young and I hadn't had English at school). And I usually only pronounce new things the way they are supposed to be pronounced.