PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Commandos game?

ComandoMan
25th Oct 2003, 09:28
What is the best Commandos game?

HPman
25th Oct 2003, 09:47
the first one I'd say. It was the first game in this genre.
After that commandos2 and at least C3 because I find
that the third is exactly the same technology as C2, like an Addon-on and veery short...

Achtung
25th Oct 2003, 11:02
The first one were lush but my favorite must be C2, in fact the ultimate game.

[WZ]divine
25th Oct 2003, 14:41
CBEL and CBTCOD were my favourite by far. - only problem now is in order to play them i need to have loads of other applications running otherwise it runs too fast on my pc.

Xcom
25th Oct 2003, 15:05
My vote goes to BTCOD. It had more features than BEL (cigarettes and rocks) which made stealth approach much for fun, yet it kept the difficulty on BEL's level.

David
25th Oct 2003, 16:39
for me it would be cbel. it was just so cool when i played it for first time! it is ultimate stealth game!

Twitch
25th Oct 2003, 19:40
C2 with its lush scenery of Europe and the Far East. Was cool to fight the Japs for a change. Great diversity of locales and neat underwater stuff. All commandos had something no matter how small to do.

ComandoMan
25th Oct 2003, 20:07
I played little bit in the first commandos and now i play in commandos3 and the first is much much easyer i think the c3 and c1 are the best.

David
27th Oct 2003, 03:25
unfortunately all commandos are easy! but nothing was as boring as c2. throwing cigs and wine all the time :) c3 is quite a challange, but i dont think i will play same missions. as i never played paris in c2 twice. it is just too big...mayube whn i wil be bored i will complete it in right way. but then again i wil have to relearn controls :(
i love them all!

gregdl
27th Oct 2003, 12:15
I thought Commandos 2 was great. The entire series up til now has been a lot of fun. I hope the patch adds more to the game. I also hope this isn't the final game of the series.

bluesun
27th Oct 2003, 16:10
C1 for surprise
C1 exp for new strategy
C2 for beautiful images and sceret patches
C3 for disappointment (not bad, but not as highly expected)

bart123
29th Oct 2003, 08:37
commando's 2 was definiately the best, and I miss the driver in commando's 3, he was quite a guy, the biggest dissapointment was that they replaced him with the thief! he must be the lousiest commando of them all.....i only used him once or twice in commando's 2 only if absolutely neccesary

kanez
29th Oct 2003, 14:18
how many commandos are there ?

bluesun
29th Oct 2003, 15:00
Originally posted by bart123
commando's 2 was definiately the best, and I miss the driver in commando's 3, he was quite a guy, the biggest dissapointment was that they replaced him with the thief! he must be the lousiest commando of them all.....i only used him once or twice in commando's 2 only if absolutely neccesary

Thief is the quickest guy among all the commandos. You can use him to pass whatever places guarded by absent minded soldiers without being chased or trigger the alarm. His speed along with the piano wire also make him the best killer. Yes, sometimes even better than Tiny. His ability to climb the wall with bare hands will give you many other advantages. Not to mention his rat in C2 as an onestop strategy in many situations.

Of course, he has his own deficiency. His fire range is quite short compared with others. Even in 'cover' mode, don't expect him to be very help to knock out the forwarding enemies.

So try to use every commandos wisely. They have different skills. Don't always count on one in all situations.

David
29th Oct 2003, 15:19
Originally posted by kanez
how many commandos are there ?
4 games in total

Commandos: behind enemy lines (1998)
Commandos: beyond the call of duty (1999)
Commandos 2: Men of courage (2001)
C3

Foxtrot
30th Oct 2003, 06:20
I tried almost all the missions in C2 with every caracter in the game, first the green beret, after that the marine, any that was available in the mission and it was very fun. My favarite character of all is the marine, he rules. I'm not saing that the others weren't cool but i love this guy. For every character available in a mission there was a way to complete the objective, almost. The thief isn't such a bad guy he was usefull many times. And the dog was just for fun.... and a good delivery guy accros the map.
My opinion for the complexity of ways to complete the objective COMMANDOS 2 RULES!!!

sick
30th Oct 2003, 08:19
have to agree with foxtrot! i LOVE c2, it made me be a big fan of the commandos series. w/o c2 i wouldnt be in the community at all!

[WZ]divine
30th Oct 2003, 10:13
In c2 i thought the marine was most useful too - in some missions i even gave him the GB's knife. - His grappling hook is brilliant to, if you tie it on the corner of a wall and make some noise to make nazis come you can get all of them to trip over the rope - CLASSIC

Mike_B
30th Oct 2003, 14:37
As far as I know Commandos has not been released on DVD...

CurtX
30th Oct 2003, 20:05
I've never played C1, but am a huge C2 fan. It looks like I should try it out C1 now. Perhaps C1 can be my true C3, seeing how C3 was disappointing in most respects.

David
30th Oct 2003, 20:46
Originally posted by @m
As far as I know Commandos has not been released on DVD... hmm,no never heard c3 on dvd either. but i remember that in spain there was released 3 games in one package!

Thorup
30th Oct 2003, 21:14
I think BEL. though I haven't tried c3. but BEL because it takes place in Norway