PDA

View Full Version : What good is the spy w/uniform?

koho33
23rd Oct 2003, 04:40
I am getting totally inconsistent, erratic results when using the spy with uniform. If I get a soldier uniform, I can walk around right in front of other soldiers and distract them. Other times they find me out from a mile away. Then even when I'm using a Leiutenant uniform, regular soldiers see through it from well outside their near view. What the!??? And then I had an Officer uniform, and I'm walking around, and I stand right in front of another Officer, and then walk away from him and past a regular soldier and he sees me and starts the alarm.

What good is the spy's uniform when I don't know when it's going to work? It's totally random and has no consistency whatsoever. (currently I'm on the infiltrate the station mission)

macsux
23rd Oct 2003, 05:35
There are certain solders that can spot you. They are generally in brown uniform with like a brown hat thinggy. The officers will only spot you in their close range vision. If you were standing right in front of one it was probably a leightenant.

koho33
23rd Oct 2003, 14:33
so the heierarchy of enemy soldiers is:

ss
gestapo
brown soldier
leiutenant
officer
grey soldier

??

Rammstein
23rd Oct 2003, 14:47
Do understand that the game cannot have the entire concept of a completely superior Spy, otherwise you could distract and stab your way through the entire game. This is Berlin bud, so you're facing a division of Waffen SS (lightish brown soldiers) and the Gestapo (dark black/heavily clothed grey sgts). Officers technically also know their own kind, be thankful the troopers have no idea of their command. :p

At officer uniform level the worry you should have is -
Waffen SS
Gestapo
Officers

koho33
23rd Oct 2003, 15:33
Ah.. So the thing I'm missing is that the SS soldiers are the brown guys and the grey ones are more or less just enlisted type men. My misunderstanding was the difference between the grey and the brown. I thought they were the same thing.

I like that the spy can't just walk everywhere he wants, but I was concerned that some soldiers of the same type detected him and others didn't. But I think I understand now. Thanks.

Twitch
23rd Oct 2003, 20:44
LOL!!! Yeah, Spooky's nuts have been cut off in C3. There are inconsistancies though, you're right. How come some long coat SS MP-40 guys do not recognize him while other do and about everyone else down to the SS cook sees right through his disguise? I found the same thing with an officer who did nothing while I was in his line of sight but an SS guard farther away shot Spooky's butt off.

Watch out in infiltrate the station mission there are soldiers sliding off the screen graphics area and you can't interact with them.

David
23rd Oct 2003, 22:34
where id you found soldiers sliding outta screen?? any pics :p

Rammstein
23rd Oct 2003, 23:07
Note that if you actually change the angle of the view - your limits of scrolling change. You do not have the same side scrolling, but you could see those sides on top and bottom - no difference! That's one way of getting the roof guard on the train station. :p

Twitch
24th Oct 2003, 17:42
There's a guy standing at the back end of the 1st train car and you can barely see his head. Also at the top and bottom of the screen guys walk off screen and on again.