PDA

View Full Version : PCK-extractor

Twitch
22nd Oct 2003, 14:59
I used the C2 PCK-extractor and it does extract the files but I guess since it is not made for C3 there was still code in them and 1 small change in the extracted parglobal file in the folder won't let the game run.

Hope a C3 extractor can be made....

David
22nd Oct 2003, 15:17
hmm,never thought about it like that.

i think they coded files! not pck format itself. bsounds also doesnt work :(

Xcom
22nd Oct 2003, 15:33
I made my own PCK extractor a long time ago.. (for C2)
It works with C3 demo data.pck.. as far as I can tell and parglobal.dat was extracted just fine.

There is a chance of course that something was changed in the full version.

sick
22nd Oct 2003, 15:39
hey Xcom, you have a tool to extract images from the wad files in bel and bcd? and maybe some other tools?

Xcom
22nd Oct 2003, 16:07
Originally posted by sick
hey Xcom, you have a tool to extract images from the wad files in bel and bcd? and maybe some other tools?

Nope..

Only tools I've got are this PCK extractor and a tool to change ranks in profiles. Both unfinished (LOL) and both were meant for C2. The only reason I made the extractor is that I was short on disk space on my old PC and the existing PCK extractor could only extract the whole pack (don't know if that ever changed).. Mine lets me select files I want. :p

Twitch
22nd Oct 2003, 18:30
Well I'd sure like to extract the C3 files. If yours works I want it please. Yeah, extracted sounds don't work either. :confused:

Xcom
22nd Oct 2003, 18:55
Originally posted by Twitch
If yours works

Yeah, LOL, that's exactly what I don't know.. (don't have the full game yet) but you can test it out and let me know.. (and keep in mind that it wasn't really finished :o )

-link removed (didn't work)-

David
23rd Oct 2003, 02:55
well, same stuff as i get with CoRE extractor. i just they just coded all the files :(
btw xcom, your progie looks neat .

Twitch
23rd Oct 2003, 19:47
I tried all extractors and they do not work. The codes mab be ASCII which I used to edit in the old days, but I 'm not sure.

Xcom
23rd Oct 2003, 22:38
Originally posted by David
well, same stuff as i get with CoRE extractor. i btw xcom, your progie looks neat .

Thanks. Too bad it doesn't work. I guess they did change smth since the demo. Gonna check if smth can be done as soon as I get the full game.

sick
24th Oct 2003, 07:53
and are you able to make smth to extract images from the wad files in bel?
pleeeeeeease;)

Twitch
24th Oct 2003, 14:31
On the bright side I made a "sonidos" folder and put some WAVs from C2 in and they work.

Xcom
24th Oct 2003, 14:45
Originally posted by sick
and are you able to make smth to extract images from the wad files in bel?
pleeeeeeease;)

Don't know, but it's unlikely because of two reasons. Firstly, my skills (or lack thereof) are not that good when it comes to reverse engineering files. Ok, simple storage files like data.pck is one thing, but compressed or encrypted graphics files are different type of cookie. And secondly, my last modding efforts related to original Commandos were like 5 years ago. I don't intend going back there again. Sorry.

sick
24th Oct 2003, 20:47
you know sites where i can find tuts or smth?

Xcom
24th Oct 2003, 21:00
Tuts about what?

sick
24th Oct 2003, 21:59
how to learn such things

Xcom
25th Oct 2003, 01:42
What things?

No really, if you are talking about reverse engineering files, then you need to learn basic programming, working with different data types and file formats. There are lots of tutorials on C and Visual Basic, just do a search in Google.

Twitch
25th Oct 2003, 20:05
I even opened and edited the DATA.PCK directly just for rate of fire on the pistol to quickly see if anything else in the file might be tweaked and it was the same- no go.