PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot hands-on: DX:IW all but complete?

Random
22nd Oct 2003, 09:08
Gamespot's new hands-on preview (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/deusexinvisiblewar/preview_6077159.html) says the Xbox version has been sent to Microsoft for testing, and the team is finishing up the PC version right now:

According to project lead Harvey Smith, development on the game is now complete. The Xbox version of the game has been sent off to Microsoft for final testing, and in the meantime, the team is working on PC-specific enhancements, in addition to already-implemented features such as full keyboard-and-mouse support and high-resolution character textures.

The preview's description of some gameplay scenarios should whet your appetite too.

Fuzz
22nd Oct 2003, 11:25
cool random :up:

post this at lur as well :p

Lawnboy360
22nd Oct 2003, 13:20
DXIW is getting near, I can almost smell it.

The screenshots posted by Random in another thread are also under ''hands-on screenshots'' in the gallery.

Tbone
22nd Oct 2003, 15:31
Deus Ex: Invisible War, like the original game, features plenty of futuristic gadgets, including the spider-bot mines, which, like in the first game, can be dropped on the ground to crawl around and eventually explode. (emphasis mine)Funny. I don't remember that being in DX1 :confused:

AlteredGlyph
22nd Oct 2003, 15:54
Hmmm... Sounds like the flamethrower will be just as satisfying in this game as it was in the last one. And that thing about the guard on top of the ladder sounds awesome.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Oct 2003, 15:59
there were mines and spider bots in DX1, though I didn't have the idea of glueing a LAM on the back of a spider bot.