PDA

View Full Version : Kill the traitor, HELP

Peefje
22nd Oct 2003, 08:28
Hi,

I've gotten around the map and found where the detonators are, but what car do I need to detonate?

And where is the sniper rifle?

Thanks!

Butcher_ss
22nd Oct 2003, 12:20
Well as soon as i found an enemy officer uniform from a specific location, the countdown started, which is 15 mins IIRC. After the 15 mins pass there will be a car coming to pick up the traitor, you will be shown the car after the 15 mins pass (wait a bit though after the mins pass), the traitor enters the car and the car moves and stops in front of another building, then he will exit the car and enter the building where he meets with some other officers, if you fail to kill him by that time the mission fails. Also i haven't managed to find where the sniper or the explosives are so i had to take him out as soon as he entered the last building (after taking out the other enemies inside the building though). I put my sapper and the spy in attack mode and as soon as they entered they were full of lead.

zeleni
22nd Oct 2003, 16:48
But how to exit the fking sewer. Every exit is covered with like 40 soldiers.

kanez
22nd Oct 2003, 17:35
it is weird here too. yes i got a uniform for the spy, and i was using the spy to go around and collect equipments in the boxes. while i was doing this, the countdown started (and the alert started too?) , but how come it told me i ve failed the mission as soon as the countdown starts? and the second time i did this mission, i zoomed in the map to watch what happened when the countdown started, i only saw two of the trucks moved , nothing else, then the screen changed, and it said "the traitor has successfully ............" then i failed it again.

cwaniaq
22nd Oct 2003, 20:15
Originally posted by kanez
it is weird here too. yes i got a uniform for the spy, and i was using the spy to go around and collect equipments in the boxes. while i was doing this, the countdown started (and the alert started too?) , but how come it told me i ve failed the mission as soon as the countdown starts? and the second time i did this mission, i zoomed in the map to watch what happened when the countdown started, i only saw two of the trucks moved , nothing else, then the screen changed, and it said "the traitor has successfully ............" then i failed it again.
Look if they didn't find a body of any german soldier.
About that car, when the time reach the end this guy will come in car. You have to destroy this car or any other way you can use to kill that ... :P
Btw. you can click on that time icon to not to wait. ;)

kanez
23rd Oct 2003, 08:29
cwaniaq:
pardon me, i dont get what u mean. do i have to do some certain things before the counter starts? and is there a time limit between the game starts and the counter starts?
actually in my game, the counter doesnt proceed, as soon as the counter starts, the mission is over.

ive been stuck in this mission for 2 days.

need help need help.

thanks a LOT LOT

cwaniaq
23rd Oct 2003, 20:00
Originally posted by kanez
cwaniaq:
pardon me, i dont get what u mean. do i have to do some certain things before the counter starts? and is there a time limit between the game starts and the counter starts?
actually in my game, the counter doesnt proceed, as soon as the counter starts, the mission is over.

ive been stuck in this mission for 2 days.

need help need help.

thanks a LOT LOT
My english sux, so don't be suprised. ;)
Hmm...maybe it's a bug, or...I don't know. Maybe they found dead enemy soldier ? or something. ;)
Ok, I can give you my savegames and you will know what you have to do.

I made something for you. :P Hehe. Don't laugh:
:P
http://cwaniaq.kgb.pl

And you don't have to wait till counter reach end as I said, just click icon "STOP COUNTDOWN" or something like that. ;]

kanez
24th Oct 2003, 10:02
its so kind of u. thank u so much.

Twitch
24th Oct 2003, 22:58
My Kill the Traitor is weird too but differently. After getting the explosives and placing 1 at the corner and blowing the car no one gets out and the missions ends. I had Inferno on the roof with other boom-boom stuff. I had Spooky hang out and wait for the dude but the car makes U-turn and parks, sirens sound and the mission ends. Put Tiny nearby ready for an ambush and the same thing happens. Haven't run through it all again to find the sniper rifle but I'm guessing the same will happen after trying 2 out of 3 of the "official" tips in F8.

Modean
27th Oct 2003, 22:13
Perhaps this is a bug...maybe not.

I found an officers uniform, but the countdown did not start until I found the sniper rifle. This actually worked out well for me, and I didn't think twice about it until now. Was my timer supposed to start when I got a uniform? Was it because the spy did not get the uniform, the thief did, and he then later gave it to the spy?

I had no problem with this level the way it played out, (if it played out properly!) it seemed very much like it might have been a properly designed level. It was long, involved some thinking, stealth, and had more than two commandos to use.

David
27th Oct 2003, 22:18
hmm, at first i had similar problem. the car just rode and there was no general, but alarm was sounded. so i put to play it for next day. and guess what, next day i played general went outta the building and had a taste of sy's granade. i guess he was stuck in latrine or something for all that time. or maybe had too much whiskey :p

Cpt_Eastabrook
27th Oct 2003, 22:50
I think that the counter starts once you have 2 out of the 3 methods; either the rifle, officer uniform, bombs. I have found the best method is to leave everyone in the car that you escape in (bottom right corner), place a bomb on the cross roads, hide from the car that comes once the counter counts down and wait unitl the car has stopped to pick the general up and blow it up once it crosses the cross roads again and throw cocktail or grenades at the general as he gets out (he acts dazed for a while) and then to run to the car.

Thats just my method, which envoled lots of classic distracting and killing first, which takes me back to the last one!

cwaniaq
28th Oct 2003, 06:08
Originally posted by Cpt_Eastabrook
I think that the counter starts once you have 2 out of the 3 methods; either the rifle, officer uniform, bombs.
And poison for spy. ;)

Rick
28th Oct 2003, 14:00
Once you have the explosives, go through the building near where you find them and clean it out. Place a remote charge just inside where O' Donnell will have to walk to meet with the Nazi high command, and cancel countdown. Wait for him to enter building...... KA-BOOM! You can be far away and there is not excape from that bomb. Not at all.

check the walkthrough: www.hometown.aol.com/poetno97/commandos.html

Twitch
28th Oct 2003, 20:15
Didn't happen for me. I ran the whole mission again and the same results. I've quit play the game anyway so it's moot point since the final straw of losing the auto-cover orange fire zone indicator, tiny as it is.

MehmetBeþir
13th Jul 2004, 08:28
In this mission i can't find the sniper rifle. If you know where it is,please answer my question...:(

silent57
1st Aug 2004, 22:31
I made a special page in my site just to help yall! (http://www.myspectra.net/commandos3.htm)

Um, yeah the game is great but to short! I mean 3 discs and I finished the game in a week! But it's fun to try the campaign again. In away doing it again to help other people!

I got a detail mission map, that show you guys what to do and where to get it!

click here! (http://www.myspectra.net/commandos3.htm)

specialdesigner
11th Dec 2010, 04:02
hey guys I want to add avery important point
u have to hide ur enemies when u kill them

cuz when the car is come to pick the traitor some soldiers will look from windows so when they find die men they will shout then u will lose

xzx
13th Dec 2010, 05:04
Nobody's posted here for 6 yrs. I doubt it's an active title !

AndrewT
13th Dec 2010, 16:26
Nobody's posted here for 6 yrs. I doubt it's an active title !

yeah, but look at the positive side of this, as he didn't open a brand new thread for nothing, but was able to find the search function, and found the correct thread, which is not usual from newcomers. and btw, maybe it's a record, replying after 6 years 5 months and 10 days or so ;) and made at least two of us replying as well, so some activity showed up in this dying community