PDA

View Full Version : A few new screenshots

Random
22nd Oct 2003, 07:45
GamePro.com (http://www.gamepro.com/index.shtml) has about six new Xbox screenshots (http://www.gamepro.com/screen_viewer.cfm?product_id=14884&genustext=Xbox&family=&posnum=1) up on their site, plus some repeats of older ones.

The fourth shot is particularly interesting; DX fanatics should recognise the location.

Thanks to Z on the Ion forums for spotting these.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Oct 2003, 08:00
for those who were asking, in another thread, I can see at least 2 shots where you dont have a gun in your hand.

EonApocalypse
22nd Oct 2003, 08:31
I don't recognise the fourth shot, and I'm a DX fanatic!

What is it? It just looks like a dark bridge, with a funny Dragon Tooth's Glass Chamber look alike thing, like the one in Maggie Chows house. Theres a control panel and a few people... I'm lost. Does anyone want to explain to me where I'm meant to recognise this from?

Random
22nd Oct 2003, 08:48
Think where else there were glass chambers in Deus Ex. Specifically, four of them, and one was empty. ;)

Tagy
22nd Oct 2003, 11:49
The third shot features a purple glow that seems to be coming from the player, an effect of the new biomod style perhaps? :eek:

ADP
22nd Oct 2003, 13:07
Originally posted by Random
Think where else there were glass chambers in Deus Ex. Specifically, four of them, and one was empty. ;)

*cough* Area 51 cloning chamber /cough

Gee that was a big cough

Lawnboy360
22nd Oct 2003, 13:18
You're gonna hurt yourself.

Foten
22nd Oct 2003, 14:01
Originally posted by ADP
*cough* Area 51 cloning chamber /cough

Gee that was a big cough
I dont really shouldnt there be like a gigantic tube to the left.
Oh and Random wherent there 8 glass chambers 4 on each side?:confused:

Random
22nd Oct 2003, 14:12
Originally posted by Foten
Oh and Random wherent there 8 glass chambers 4 on each side?:confused:

No, there were two on each side of that room: one was a Simons clone, one was a Page clone, one was Alex and the other was JC's tube. Deus Slurpee on the Ion boards took a photo of the DX1 room (http://www.angelfire.com/trek/deusexrocks/images/FreeSnap004.jpg), and it looks exactly like this new screenshot.

The other possibility is that it's an exact replica, though why anyone would go to the bother of creating the exact same room -- right down to the same piping on the walls -- is beyond me. Maybe JC is going senile in DX:IW and wanted to recreate his birthplace or something. ;)

The major discrepancy is that the DX1 room runs east to west, while the DX2 room runs north to south. Either it's bad continuity or it's a different place.

Assuming this is the genuine A51, it makes you wonder about this merged fictional ending Ion have thought up: JC apparently accomplished Tong's goal, but Area 51 is still intact ...

Foten
22nd Oct 2003, 14:30
I think I know some else thats going senile me, cuase it still feals like there where 8 glass chambers. Hmm... maybe I should quite playing servrel games at the same time.:D

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Oct 2003, 15:34
is it just my imagination, or are the greys still there at Area 51? (is it a grey we see in the background?)

AlteredGlyph
22nd Oct 2003, 15:52
Man, that explosion in the first shot is cool. And the fourth shot is totally awesome. In fact, ALL the new shots rock, especially the bot domination one.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Oct 2003, 16:00
there is a bot domination shot?
(Oh, I thought it was the night-vision shot. my mistake)

Machinax
22nd Oct 2003, 16:09
The game just keeps looking cooler and cooler.

Machinax
22nd Oct 2003, 16:35
What the hell is the large humanoid figure in the 9th shot?

Tbone
22nd Oct 2003, 16:49
I think it's one of these, whatever they are:
http://www.de2files.com/screenshots/11/others/dx2_concept_13.jpg
Some kind of trooper in an exo suit, I guess. Perhaps the "T" emblem on his suit stands for Tarsus?

Machinax
22nd Oct 2003, 16:53
Could be. Like I said earlier, though, looks too much like an MJ-12 commando for my liking.

gareis
22nd Oct 2003, 17:14
I think it is an advanced form of MJ12 commando. Biomods are still very expensive, I'll bet, so mechanical augmentation is a viable option for mercenaries and the like. Besides which, you need special genes in order to handle the nanites, but anyone can get mechanical augmentations.

AlteredGlyph
22nd Oct 2003, 17:27
Whatever it is, I wouldn't want to meet in in a dark alley at night. The best thing about that shot is that there's a HUD and no gun. And the big armored figure. And the other dude. And the snow:D.

Random
23rd Oct 2003, 00:32
Originally posted by Machinax
What the hell is the large humanoid figure in the 9th shot?

Now that TBone posted that concept art, it reminded me: Planet Deus Ex has that same concept art, and the file is called 'templararmor'. So he/it belongs to the Templar organisation.

-=ThøR=-
23rd Oct 2003, 00:53
WTF?!?!? This game is ****ing beautiful!!! Look at pic #12 and the last 2!!! The 11th looks weird though the guy looks if he was cel-shaded

I'll get a better video card for my birthday and more MB RAM!! I really need to get this game!!!!!

Machinax
23rd Oct 2003, 05:10
Originally posted by Random
Now that TBone posted that concept art, it reminded me: Planet Deus Ex has that same concept art, and the file is called 'templararmor'. So he/it belongs to the Templar organisation.

Well, that kinda kills it :p Thanks, though.