PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off About Commandos 3

Rick
22nd Oct 2003, 01:50
I don't think the game is to hard at all. It's been a LONG time since I played 2, but I had no problem with Stalingrad. In fact, the last part of that mission was way too easy. I think I killed General O'Donnell without even removing ten Nazis from play. And all very easy eliminations, too.

The thing I despide about the game is the assumption that you're just supposed to figure out everything on your own. It's a crock. The briefings are friggin' horrendous. I'm currently on the level where Tiny is alone having to stop the Nazis from blowing up the train. This is so stupid. You get NO HELP at all trying to figure out what the hell you are supposed to do, and the objective, like all the other missions, is one sentence. They tell you nothing about what you have to do, exactly. It totally sucks.

The hotkeys missing sucks too. If you get caught having to do something quick and unplanned, forget it. Dead. Stalingrad was miserably easy, and now I'm stuck with just Tiny swinging around on wires and not a clue as to what I'm supposed to do. This bites.

Rammstein
22nd Oct 2003, 03:12
Don't bash the game too harshly. I will admit, the game is rather short - however I've always been in love with Commandos. Ever since Behind the Enemy Lines!

The solution to your mission is a rather easy one, simply battle it out like there is no tomorrow. I'd recommend crouching right away and making your way to that tiger as fast as possible. Stab the Lieutenant before he orders the tank to patrol - believe me it will come in handy. Search the box nearby for 3 karbine rounds and make short work of the people in the field, then mp40 the incoming officers from the transformer tower roll-call. Take it from there!

I've passed the entire game in a matter of hours, but it was an enjoyable experiance nevertheless. Give it more credit - look beyond the obvious. :)

Twitch
22nd Oct 2003, 18:34
Rick- what you said...my sentiments exactly. And I've played each C2 mission 75-100 times.

David
23rd Oct 2003, 03:15
Originally posted by Twitch
Rick- what you said...my sentiments exactly. And I've played each C2 mission 75-100 times. lol, you are crazy. even i havent done that!

except maybe NOTW for reaching world record ;)

Twitch
23rd Oct 2003, 19:45
I'm not kidding. My favorite ones like 100 and others minimum 50. And it looks like I'll be playing C2 even more the way C3 turned out.

Have now lost saved games like others have. Plus the whole system of screen/mouse/key view/interiors being centered movement is wacked compared to crispness od C2. Inferno actually ran in slow-mo in the mission before Normandy. Too bad the Nazi weren't.