PDA

View Full Version : Grapevine

EonApocalypse
22nd Oct 2003, 00:05
I've been following the development of this game for almost half a year now, and I've been really impressed and excited from what I've seen. A thing that suprised me was how everybody was saying DX:IW was going to focus on replay-ability and short intense action, rather then a relaxed stretched out game like DX. I was really dissapointed when I heard this because I loved being able to take my time, break into a few houses and do a bit of exploring. It added to the realism immensly, not having a time limit.

So anyway I carried on reading all these threads and posts over the months, and things started sounding better and better, the game seemed to really be finding its way, and pleasing us true DX disciples in the way it should.

Does this mean that Eidos and Ion are tracking these forums often? How much of our imput actually makes it up through the grapevine?

gareis
22nd Oct 2003, 00:54
Some of it is passed on, but not everything. If Catman thinks there's a consensus among us that a certain thing will be absolutely horrible in DX:IW, he'll pass on our concerns. Likewise, if we all expect one aspect of the game to be exceptional, even in comparison to the rest, he'll inform the appropriate people if he sees a need.

How much? Eh...perhaps one subject in thirty. Mostly, we're too divided for Catman to offer consensus opinions to Ion Storm.

Lawnboy360
22nd Oct 2003, 13:10
Does Catman really have contact with Ion Storm?

Besides, you said

DX:IW was going to focus on replay-ability and short intense action

I never heard it was going to focus on short intense action that much, and there's still a focus on replayability.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Oct 2003, 13:44
hmmm I would rather think he has contacts with Eidos (this is NOT the IS forum, I remind you)
but I'm sure information from this forum HAS passed to IS. maybe they DO check this forum from time to time (not very often, though, I think. but I have seen posts from developpers here)

sneelock
23rd Oct 2003, 23:32
i dont know if they do read the forums, but i think if i were to build a game and wanted to get feedback; this would be a good way to get it. just like email is another medium for feedback. And seeing as there are only two real official forums(edios and ionstorm), i would think it likely that they might read them.

Random
24th Oct 2003, 00:09
I'm sure they do read them. There have been a few posts from the developers on both 'official' forums, and at PlanetDX. I doubt they'll be reading them much right now, though, because they're working flat out finishing the game and also because it's far too late to change anything now. They probably have a quick glance over the place to gauge the general reaction to things. Hopefully they spotted the box art threads. ;)

Don
26th Oct 2003, 12:23
WooHOO!!! A conc. grenade! Finally you can stun someone from a distance and run in without gasing yourself!:cool: