PDA

View Full Version : The Invincible Tank (or "Dead Trucks")

NinjitsuStylee
21st Oct 2003, 23:39
Weirdest thing in the world. I'm in the mission where you have to set up an ambush and recover the works of art (2nd campaign).....the thing is, I've killed literally every nazi soldier on the map, all that's left is the big tank in the middle of the plaza, and I can't seem to destroy it. My sapper has 1 grenade left and 1 bazooka shot and combined they barely phaze the tank.......he does have his anti-tank mine left but the tank wont MOVE!!!! I've killed all the nazis so the only bad guy left is the tank.......however my objective is to "Stop the convoy and recover the works of art" but get this! I've stopped the trucks but I can't drive any of them, including the one at the top of the map (it shows the icon to drive the truck but it wont move).

The key difference between c2 and the new c3 is that c3 has many different ways to complete missions, none of them are obvious. However i'd like to think that I totally owned this mission considering there are hundreds of dead nazi bodies scattered around the map (every one!), now I just need to know how to complete the darn objective. Somebody help!

Thanks

:confused:

invox
21st Oct 2003, 23:53
to finish the mission , u must blow up the two armed viechles ,using allied soldier (atomatically attack)only with their guns,no using commandos.
and u can blow the tank up with three shrapnel.

NinjitsuStylee
22nd Oct 2003, 00:01
Originally posted by invox
to finish the mission , u must blow up the two armed viechles ,using allied soldier (atomatically attack)only with their guns,no using commandos.
and u can blow the tank up with three shrapnel.

yea, well guess what, thank goodness that the makers of the game made things realistic............i DID blow up the armed vehciles (you can do em however u want)...........but in order to blow up the tank, i shot it with a bazooka, went really close behind it and put all my AP mines and my 1 AT mine under it, and blew it up with a grenade..........massive firepower killed it. Yay.

Rammstein
22nd Oct 2003, 03:41
I've never actually blown the second truck that takes the side route, instead the truck struck an AP mine. Somehow the crew died, as the truck stopped in it's tracks and no 'view' marker was present when I clicked on it. The tank itself was blown by bazooka rounds out of a window. ;)