PDA

View Full Version : www.legacyofkain.com

Umah Bloodomen
20th Oct 2003, 18:26
You all may wish to check the official site (http://www.legacyofkain.com), as it has been updated.

FEATURES INCLUDE:

GAME INFO

New Characters
New Enemy
New Location

GALLERY

New Screenshots
New Concept Art
Print Ads

PRESS

Updated Press Quotes

COMMUNITY
WebRing - new section opened with links - download the fan site kit
Fan art section

Excellent!

Raz
20th Oct 2003, 18:36
Oh... my... :eek:

Thanks Umah! :D

Umah Bloodomen
20th Oct 2003, 18:38
You're welcome. (Don't forget to thank Chris as well) ;)

It doesn't appear that the UK or German versions have been updated yet, but be sure to keep tabs on them as well.

Raz
20th Oct 2003, 18:47
You're right! I didn't mean to forget Chris! ;)

Thankyou very much, both of you! :D

Oh, and Mortanius does look just a lil' bit cool doesn't he...? Lol

Ken Cow!
20th Oct 2003, 19:46
I'm ... so ... happy. I'm almost in tears! Thank you CD and keep up the great work! (and good luck with the whole Tomb Raider thing)

Sayel
20th Oct 2003, 20:46
Wohoo!!!!

This is freakin' cool!!!

to see Mortanius and the Avernus Cathedral again nearly made me break out in tears. Oh those feelings of nostalgia are like balsam to my soul :), I'm so anxious what is still to come.

Ardeth Silvereni
20th Oct 2003, 21:09
I agree completely with what Sayel said. It's great to see the official site updated, and with such wonderful info. Wow!

I'm very excited! :D :D

TheElderGodofNosgoth
20th Oct 2003, 21:23
Whats up with the Revenant. I thaught they were called Hylden . ???

blincoln
20th Oct 2003, 22:04
The Revenants are corpses possessed by Hylden, in the same way Raziel does to shift to Material.

Apocrypha Roxy
20th Oct 2003, 22:16
Shiggidy Shiggidy Shwaa!

I was suprised by Matt when he told me 'bout the update. I thought he was speaking of something else, but then...

Very pleasant suprise. :)

Is it just me, or does Mortanius look all MortalKombat-like? What happened to ol' Bone Head?! Ugly as he was, I miss him!
And Ariel. Sheesh. Looks like she got run over a few times by a Snapple truck. :p I miss the SR2 Ariel - she was pretty. Ah, well. Whatcha gonna do? :rolleyes: :p
I'm glad that Avernus is confirmed. I knew it from the beginning. And since they mentioned Rene playing Janos, why isn't Janos in the list of characters??? :confused:

Today is a good day. It's a Monday, but alas it is still a good day. :D

TheElderGodofNosgoth
20th Oct 2003, 22:39
The Revenants are corpses possessed by Hylden, in the same way Raziel does to shift to Material.

Yeah but what is with the name change?

SpliffTastic
20th Oct 2003, 22:56
Yeah but what is with the name change?

Revenants are not Hylden. They are corpses inhabited by Hylden. The different name distinguishes them from each other.

Omega
20th Oct 2003, 23:11
Holy crap on a stick! Wow!

Man.. I so cannot wait for this game to be released... just WOW!

Looking at the screenshots...

I am so impressed at the visual work CD has done on the landscape/buildings etc... damn you people know how to please me!

I mean, take this screenshot (http://www.legacyofkain.com/screenshots/37.jpg)... if it wern't for the red barrier on the door, and the characters.. I could swear that was a photo image!

Man this game will totally own our souls!

blincoln
21st Oct 2003, 00:54
Nelo, it's right there on the site =P.

Omega
21st Oct 2003, 00:55
Originally posted by Nelo
Blincon, that just what YOU belive, it may be very likly but it is not 100% certian.

And Ya Ariel looks liek she was rotting or something.

So you mean to say that it doesn't look like Raziel is breaking through the corpses of "people" (or whatever they are) in the latest trailer?

blincoln
21st Oct 2003, 02:16
I guess we'll just have to wait and see =). Only 29 days to go.

warpsavant
21st Oct 2003, 02:29
We never really see Morty(do we?), until he damns Malek, and we don't even know when that is. So maybe Morty always looked all handsome, until he gets possessed by demons and grows bones on his face.

I thought we'd see the other side of Ariels face.

For some reason I think some of these pics are from the comic?

Stephenls
21st Oct 2003, 02:35
Originally posted by warpsavant
For some reason I think some of these pics are from the comic?

I'm not sure how that's a spoiler, but in the interest if not breaking the spoiler chain thingy...

Looks like Kain and Raziel's pictures are from promo renderings, Moebius's picture is from the CGI intro to Soul Reaver 2, and if I had to guess I'd say that Vorador's, Ariel's, and Mortanius's pictures are from concept art we haven't seen yet. But it's possible they're from the comic.

I'm wondering why Vorador is green, since he was brown in Blood Omen. But then again, he looked completely different in Blood Omen 2, so I guess he just varies in appearance from game to game, or something

Kain's Ancient Blade
21st Oct 2003, 02:42
why don't I see anything about the Revenant. and why doesnt' it mention anything about ariel and mortanius

warpsavant
21st Oct 2003, 02:44
I dont see anything either. Maybe NY is blocked out.

Kain's Ancient Blade
21st Oct 2003, 02:57
I dont see anything either. Maybe NY is blocked out.

who the hell do i have to stab to get that fixed. but seriously does it work for anyone esle? and if it does can someone copy and paste it

thank you.

warpsavant
21st Oct 2003, 02:59
Try this. http://www.legacyofkain.com/main.html

I saw the pics but I didnt see any words.

Anubis_Orr
21st Oct 2003, 03:01
Me neither, I don't see anything mentioned Hylden or Revenant among other things.

No go on that link Warp.

warpsavant
21st Oct 2003, 03:04
Can you even see the sentry eye and the word loading? You need to like see the little sentry eye thing. Sometimes I have to restart my freakin computer to get the site to work.

Anubis_Orr
21st Oct 2003, 03:07
Yep, everything loads up. I can only see Sarafan Warriors and Vampire Hunters in the enemy sections. The other two grey circles are blank and not links.

I even tried clearing my cache and history.

Kain's Ancient Blade
21st Oct 2003, 03:08
this makes me Angry

warpsavant
21st Oct 2003, 03:12
LoL Go to Boston, some of those people want to be stabbed I hear.

Kain's Ancient Blade
21st Oct 2003, 03:17
LoL Go to Boston, some of those people want to be stabbed I hear.

sounds good.

Umah Bloodomen
21st Oct 2003, 03:23
I hate to be a party-pooper, but you all are crazy. The site works fine for me. :p

Kain's Ancient Blade
21st Oct 2003, 03:25
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
I hate to be a party-pooper, but you all are crazy. The site works fine for me. :p

this makes me really really ANGRY

edit: hey guys click on the british flag everything works their.

Camus Audron
21st Oct 2003, 03:38
I cant belive it, site update and there isnt a single topic about it O.O.....

well, anyway, now we know what the thrall things are called, they are Revenants, and as many suspected they are people/thralls possesed by Hylden!

Now, Hylden are green right? then my question is, what are those Ancient statues possesed by? their eyes are clearly red, so what do you say:Vorador spell, Vampires or Demons?

And Morty...I'm really looking fordward to his appereance, I wonder if he's with the Ancients...or is just a human who belives the pillars belong to his race...

His appereance? I have to say that even though I didnt play BO I was quite fond of the old look, but I trust "The man", whatever he'll look like will rule

Umah Bloodomen
21st Oct 2003, 03:42
Originally posted by Kain's Ancient Blade
edit: hey guys click on the british flag everything works their.

Is it updated yet? Earlier it was still displaying info from the first on it.

Umah Bloodomen
21st Oct 2003, 03:54
Originally posted by Camus Audron
I cant belive it, site update and there isnt a single topic about it O.O.....

Look to the top of the forum, Camus. ;) (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25527)

Kain's Ancient Blade
21st Oct 2003, 03:55
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Is it updated yet? Earlier it was still displaying info from the first on it.

the british one is working fine on my computer but the US one is not

Camus Audron
21st Oct 2003, 04:02
spoiler? what the? but this is? and the site! ok....ok then, sorry I didnt use spoilers.

Ahem, I knew about the news topic...but...not too much discussion going on there right?, that's what I meant...I'd expect atleast a "what did they do to morty's face?" topic :p...uhm am I making any sense? well, whatever I'd still like to see people's thoughts on what I said :p

Umah Bloodomen
21st Oct 2003, 04:03
Originally posted by Kain's Ancient Blade
the british one is working fine on my computer but the US one is not

Right, I understood that the UK version was working. My concern was whether or not it contained new information or still had the same information from 10/01 on it like it did when I posted this thread. (The sites are hosted on different servers I believe and aren't updated at the same time).

I did manage to check for myself and it has been updated with today's information.

I'm still not encountering any problems with the US version. :confused:

If it persists, I will bring it to the attention of the appropriate parties. Until then, check the UK version. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

Kain's Ancient Blade
21st Oct 2003, 04:06
the uk is updated though the first page says 10/01/03 but it has all the new info
the us is the opposite.

Umah Bloodomen
21st Oct 2003, 04:06
Acutally there is quite a bit of discussion going on in that thread, and this one is being merged with it. :)

blincoln
21st Oct 2003, 05:52
If you're still seeing the old version of the site, your ISP may be using a cache of some kind. Call them up and ask them, and if they say they are, tell them it sucks and they need to disable it.

Some caches can be bypassed if you do a force reload in IE (shift+f5). I don't know how to do that in any other browser though.

Sayel
21st Oct 2003, 06:22
I just hope that Morty will retain his body form from Blood Omen. I mean physically he didn't seem to be intimidating. Artists nowadays tend to make powerful characters more muscular, which wouldn't apply to our skinny necromancer.
From the little pic we've seen he doesn't wear a hood anymore and has a beard now, so such changes are likely. Well, we can only wait and see.

Vampmaster
21st Oct 2003, 09:36
Can there be a html version of the site? I don't think I'm allowed to install plugging on the uni's computers.

Reidbynature
21st Oct 2003, 15:51
From the little pic we've seen he doesn't wear a hood anymore and has a beard now, so such changes are likely. Well, we can only wait and see.

I think that Mortanius' new look is great. Perhaps though his old look was merely a mask and costume.

I wonder if these Archon's are the rumoured third faction

Reidbynature
21st Oct 2003, 18:32
The statues of the ancient are posssed by ancient that are trying liek the Hylden to take over nosgoth, and they are evil, for one they had and used the blood reaver befor they got the blood curse from the hylden, just look at the murals it shows the ancient hero with the blood reaver and a spear attacking hylden.

Where does it say that they made the Reaver before the curse. I've played SR2, BO2 and neither said that. I remember Janos mentioning that they made the blade. Nothing about it predating their curse. Also considering you think he is evil. Why trust his word? You also mention Janos having the blade because he is the hero of the ancients. How do you know that. To me it seems more likely he just kept a relic of his almost extinct race.

blincoln
21st Oct 2003, 18:53
You are crazy, Nelo =P.

Sayel
21st Oct 2003, 20:11
I think that Mortanius' new look is great. Perhaps though his old look was merely a mask and costume.

Yes, that doesn't look bad, I just meant his physical body. In Blood Omen he looks skinny, now I assume that he has gained in muscles, to express the power that lies within him. Artistic freedom, I guess. :)

LOKFan
21st Oct 2003, 21:29
Oh. My. Goodness. :eek:

If you read my thread 'Your Defiance Excitement', you will know that I said that my Defiance excitement had slightly faded.

Well, with this site update, its just shot back up to maximum!

- I kind of guessed that Ariel was going to be in this game but Mortanius?! I did not see that coming! It's good that CD haven't forgotten about him though. He does look younger and less skeletal than he was in BO. I wonder what will happen when he and Kain meet.

- Wait, so Tony Jay will be doing the voice of Mortanius and the Elder God.

- What happened to Ariel? She looks more gruesome than in previous games. Is she wearing a cloak?

- Revenants?! Wow. I wonder how they thought of that name. I thought they were just thralls but apparently not.

- Some of those screenshots are very interesting. One of Kain's special attacks is in picture 1, who is that a statue of in picture 6? and we see that the Wraith Blade can devour Sluagh.

- Janos is confirmed! I've been waiting for an actual official confirmation and now I have one! Yippee!

- Oh no! Defiance is delayed! By one day. Can you wait that long?

Stephenls
22nd Oct 2003, 01:04
We know the blood reaver was created befor the blood curse because of the murals, they show the ancients with the blood reaver fighting the hylden, and since the blood curse was after the ancients were banashed that mean that they infact had the blood reaver befor the curse.

Wrong. We don't know whether the blood curse or the banishment came first. Janos claims the banishment was a response to the blood curse at the end of Blood Omen 2, while the Sarafan Lord claims the reverse. Neither side is unbiased, and I find it likely that each believes they're telling the truth.

I don't see what's with you and the whole "evil ancient" thing, really. What's wrong with just leave it morally ambiguous? For that matter, why do you hate the ancients, really?

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Oct 2003, 01:35
Knock yourself out, Nelo. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13159) :D

Reidbynature
22nd Oct 2003, 17:16
Nelo. You are not making any sense. All your theories are conjecture. You look at a painting and say that because there is a ancient holding the reaver that he is their hero. There is nothing that tells us that this is an important character or an anonymous ancient. They wished to show the reaver, so why not paint it being held by someone. It doesn't need to be an important person. All your points have little or no proof. You've looked at those murials and concluded to much from a very vague picture. At no point did I hear anyone in SR2 state that the Hylden were banished before the creation of the reaver or the blood curse. Also why would they create the reaver - their weapon against the Hylden - when they had already banished them?

Reidbynature
23rd Oct 2003, 17:27
i can tell that there is more to the ancient then they let on

I can agree there considering we know next to nothing about the Ancients. About the Reaver. It seems more likely that it was constructed after the curse and before the Hylden's banishment.

Also don't call people sheep because they happen to disagree with you. If that were true there would be more than a flock or two here. Also I didn't state that the Ancients were good. Considering we have no real facts about them we can't see it either way. What is annoying is someone advocating that they are one or the other like it is the gospel with little or no facts. Not to mention that you make half of it up.

N0V4
23rd Oct 2003, 17:43
The statues of the ancient are posssed by ancient that are trying liek the Hylden to take over nosgoth, and they are evil, for one they had and used the blood reaver befor they got the blood curse from the hylden, just look at the murals it shows the ancient hero with the blood reaver and a spear attacking hylden.

And janos is also the ancient hero that is why he had the blood reaver and that is why he survived, the blade sustaned him, he seemed weak in soulreaver 2 but that was a trick because it is part of his and the vile bastered anceints plan to change all history to make them the rulers of nosgoth.

Btw i am not saying the hylden or good they are evil as well, infact everone in nosgoth including kain and raziel are evil.

I belive that the ancients were always vampires but living ones, that could reproduce, then they invaded nosgoth and had a war with the hylden they forged the blood reaver which was infused with there power to defeat the hylden and made the pillars to trap them, the pillars sap the energy of nosgoth and bend them to the will of the gardians and with these energs they vile bastered ancients were able to trape the hylden, but the hylden cursed them to undeath making them unable to bread.

And only the pillars gardians survived and they devised a plan to change all of history to undo there fate. They died and only Janos the reaver gardian the hero of the ancient survived, it was because of the life substaning powers of the blood reaver that he lived and he waited for raziel so that his plan could be carred out.

There.

Anyone is evil depending on wich side you are looking from.
Its about wich evil does less damage.

Humans are evil because they are weak and easylly controlled to do evil but they are good because they dont know whats going on.

Hylden are evil because they want to destroy both vampires and humans while using them to set them free again but they are good because they are doing whats to be done to get them out of their biggest problem, THE OTHER DIMENSION (tam tam taaaaaam, LMAO)

Vampires are evil because the prey upon humans killing them for their life blood and they put themselves superioir wich is a racist kinda thing but they are good because their hunger isnt their fault because they didnt curse themselves and the humans hunts them out of fear because they need to feed to saty alive, all they try to do is stay alive. Wouldn't you?

The less damage would be the annihilation of the hylden and Vamps since THEIR war is destroying everything but if they can find a way to lift their curse (maybe by killing some hylden leader and sorcerer or something) they could live with humans and co-exist peacefully.

So I completely agree with you but even your theory isnt 100% as you can see.
I guess the only way to REALLY know is to play the game.

Just my 2 cents

PS:If you happen to be wrong, hey, I'm only HALF-god :P