PDA

View Full Version : No Distract Icon On Interface

foci
21st Oct 2003, 01:00
The distract icon does not appear on the interface for the spy. Has anyone come across this? How do you solve this problem?

Please help.

Thanks

~edit~

Please don't write in caps, it's annoying,

Thanks

agentbob00
21st Oct 2003, 01:45
I have the exact same problem and i dont know how to get around it. Its incredibly annoying.

tay
21st Oct 2003, 02:41
It is a bit frustrating but i will come to the rescue...

Put on the uniform, then what you do is,,,,

1)Single click on the uniform icon(Bottom right) and another Icon will appear (like hexagon blocks)

2)single click on it again and then you will see an icon with a soldier talking to an officer, and then once that is selected you click on the soldier and that will be you distracting him.

Hope you understand that :D

kanez
21st Oct 2003, 17:27
i thought i ve tried what u have said. i didnt see no hexagon blocks. but anyway i will try that again.

pinokio
21st Oct 2003, 18:11
strange but icon appeare after i kill 2 gestapo

Twitch
21st Oct 2003, 20:00
Unfortunately the spy has to be of higher rank to get attention of soldier. You have to click buttons to select distract. The hot key letters are gone and it is much more moving of mouse and clicking icons that C2's hot keys did. If you muse pointer is at the top of the screen you have to drag it down to the bottom and click icons. It's so idiot proof it is no good.

Also there are no more low-easy levels to practice on. Not much equipment to be found either.

neoh
22nd Oct 2003, 05:06
You know, it's funny.. I can't see no distract icon, either. I thought it was just me.

This is in TUTORIAL2!

I got the uniform from the officer by the fountain, and went in. I left click on the soldier, and he just walks up next to him. No icons change at all, I have tried on lots of soldiers in the building, same effect.

I am very disapointed in this game already. I have been a die-hard fan since commandos BEL, and have been anticipating this release since I heard about it.. now that it's here, I dont want it anymore.

Damn shame if you ask me.
I'll finish it anyways, because of course - it's commandos. But, the controls are confusing, the 'click for everything' is just straight up ANNOYING.

Pyro.. Eidos, did you get people to test the game first? Honestly. This is horrendous. Great graphics, I like the moving effect, more actions, but damn.. This is just pathetic.

- neoh

ma110779
22nd Oct 2003, 08:00
Hi All ...

I'm having the same problem and I havn't found the distract icon yet. It's really annoying ... i have tried to find it one whole night but it seems to be a NO HOPE CASE for me ... :confused:

Did nybody found nything which work for every1 ... or it's just a bug that the distract icon will appear whenever it want to ...

Please help me if nybody can ....

NinjitsuStylee
22nd Oct 2003, 08:46
Not really sure what you're all talking about........even with a low-ranking uniform i still get the distract icon (right click on the little hangar icon, the one that lets you go back to normal clothes, and select the distract icon)

Mike_B
22nd Oct 2003, 10:06
http://commandos3.gamerspulse.com/uploads/hlp_distract.jpg

Twitch
22nd Oct 2003, 14:51
Playing more the distract icon finally appeared. Ta da! But that along with changing uniforms is just too dam much clicking to accomplish what was once a 1 key command! :mad: You have to look down at the icons which is distracting to the player and time consuming.

PaT'r0N
22nd Oct 2003, 23:05
HI !
I've got the solution! :)
It will only take a 'right-click' on the unifrom icon to unhide
that nasty distract icon BLOODY HELL ! What a Mess !
I am so frustrated by this game!!!:mad: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :confused:

Twitch
23rd Oct 2003, 20:16
Yes that's how it works. But have you noticed that as the commando acquires more equipment or weapons the bleedin' icon places change? You have to stop what you're doing and look down at the icon group and then click on an icon on the right that was on the left before you picked up a new weapon. Icons are no good compared to re-programable hot keys like C2. I ran a C2 mission yesterday and noted how smooth things were never having to study the screen and hitting keys by feel instead of viewing icon groups and clicking 3 times what C2 did in in keystroke. What a bag of barf this is!