PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

s-a-smith
20th Oct 2003, 17:15
Does this guy never sleep? Characters keep remarking "It's been a long night!" You bet it has and I'm only half way through DX1! How about letting the poor new guy have a bit of shut-eye once in a while.

Advantage: added health points, disadvantage: possibility of being sneaked up on. Also if he never takes a nap he could fall asleep while he's hiding etc. and his targeting would go off.

Of course they would have to work out a way of letting him lie down!

Also the food is poor - candy and soy snacks? Why dont they have some quality food that gives you more health points e.g. meat? Instead of just cats, dogs and rats you could have a few rabbits and let him catch and eat them, commando-style.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Oct 2003, 17:24
he sleeps in the helicopter.

his mission don't take very long to complete: (the same time it takes to YOU to have him complete them, in fact). and I don't think anyone would try to sleep in an ennemy base during an infiltration

oh and there IS a better food, which gives more health that soy food : medkit (and by the way what would be wrong about eating rats, cats, dogs, greasels, kark's, greys (ok, maybe not greys, I don't like white meat that much), cleaning bots, shannon, manderley, anna (with enhanced teeth), etc)

If I remember correctly, DX:IW will let you (with the adequat mod) eat your victims and suck health out of them.

gareis
20th Oct 2003, 17:35
I was always under the impression that JC had time between missions, but it wasn't demonstrated due to the narrative inconvenience of it. Since he goes to Hong Kong, Paris, NYC, and Area51 via a helicopter, that stretches the time out by a couple of days (unless it's a supersonic helicopter).

The only time we actually see JC going to sleep is with the paralytic nerve gas. Thank you, Mr. Atanwe, for that little gift.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Oct 2003, 17:45
you never know, with these black copters...

but to simplify things, it's physically impossible that the game takes place in one day (it can't be night all the time everywhere, even if you move in the same direction than the sun, you have to cross the -12/+12 line at one point).

as you said, even with a supersonic copter (after all, future technology can still surprise us), it still takes hours to go from NY to paris, or from NY to Hong Kong. so we can safely assume that he has a lot of time to sleep between his missions

Catman
20th Oct 2003, 17:48
Of course, one could also ask how long it takes a super tanker to get from Hong Kong to New York City ... Did JC have a nice long vacation in Florida while he waited for the Wall Cloud to make its journey?

;)

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Oct 2003, 17:52
I thought he swam back?