PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an editor included?

Graftark
19th Oct 2003, 18:36
Will DX2 come with an editor, like DX had UnrealEd? Incidently I could never get that to work right anyway.

-Graftark

Lawnboy360
19th Oct 2003, 19:12
AFAIK is an editor is released it won't be on the game CD, it would come later. (from previews)

cball05
19th Oct 2003, 21:30
Originally posted by Graftark
Incidently I could never get that to work right anyway.

It takes some playing around with to understand how it works. There are some good tutorials online, and if I wasn't so lazy I would find them for you. In my experience creating levels is usually more trouble than it's worth - I worked for several hours just to create a level in which you walked down a hallway, killed two robots and talked to your bother.
As far as DX2, I would assume that, like DX1, an editor will be made available after the game release.

blackeye
19th Oct 2003, 22:57
i would really like that :)

FliX
20th Oct 2003, 15:04
Originally posted by cball05
It takes some playing around with to understand how it works. There are some good tutorials online, and if I wasn't so lazy I would find them for you. In my experience creating levels is usually more trouble than it's worth - I worked for several hours just to create a level in which you walked down a hallway, killed two robots and talked to your bother.
As far as DX2, I would assume that, like DX1, an editor will be made available after the game release.

the unreal editor (from DE or any other unreal based game) is ┬┤very easy compared with QIII games, obviously its just a matter of getting used to one or both editors

ive used both so i should know :p

Alt
24th Oct 2003, 01:15
A version of UED or whatever they use would be nice.I totally agree.