PDA

View Full Version : The End Of Commandos Series???

azer123456
19th Oct 2003, 13:05
If I read this piece of the forum I begin to think that Commandos Series will die/are DEAD!!!!

I'm very disappointed about Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
And I can say it because I'm A reviewer for A PC-Game Magazine

I'm very disappointed that Pyro Studios this Version Of Commandos released Im Still Thinking This game wasn't finished yet.

This is the conclusion I Have After seeying the game resolution

800x600 ??????

and that that the most game developpers take the 1024 x 768 as the minimum standard resolution

The Score I give To this game:

Graphic 85%
Game 50%

The Gameplay is so difficult for Die Hard Commandos Players
What must it be for the normal players

At the latest I give my opinion about Pyro Studios

Why This "Poor Result" After The other Top Games in this Commandos Series

TIP FOR EIDOS AND PYRO STUDIOS:

I hope this won't be the end of the Commandos Series

But Keep The Game "Playable":( :confused:

sick
19th Oct 2003, 13:59
not only playable but keep it alive also. they coded every file, you cant open wav files, you cant do a ****! thanks pyro for best support you guys ever gave to the community!
my conclusion is also that c3 is a pretty big rip-off of c2;

*3d rotation IS possible in c2. dont ask me how, but it is in the unofficial c2 demo by a cheat.

*new 3d rotation engine in c3? MY ARSE! by adding a single line in the .bas files of c2 the interiors look like the interiors from c3 (interiors wont be pixalised anymore, but as blocky in c3.) it has a little bug though, so its only been patched in c3.

if i can find a place to upload pics ill show u guys.
i really wonder where they have been working on in the past 2 years. and this:

announced multiplayer demo: not released
said 3d engine is new: same was in c2 but now its finished.
game would have 24 missions: stripped down with 12, thats 50% and many hours of fun man!
new hotkeys would make the game better playable: only have heard bad opinions about it.

Mike_B
19th Oct 2003, 14:46
Originally posted by sick

Put it on the TAFN server, or mail them to me and I'll do it for you.

St. Erf
19th Oct 2003, 14:59
You always could rotate indoormaps in commandos 2 just by pressing Alt+left arrow (or right arrow)

Butcher_ss
19th Oct 2003, 16:05
Originally posted by azer123456
If I read this piece of the forum I begin to think that Commandos Series will die/are DEAD!!!!

I'm very disappointed about Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
And I can say it because I'm A reviewer for A PC-Game Magazine

I'm very disappointed that Pyro Studios this Version Of Commandos released Im Still Thinking This game wasn't finished yet.

This is the conclusion I Have After seeying the game resolution

800x600 ??????

and that that the most game developpers take the 1024 x 768 as the minimum standard resolution

The Score I give To this game:

Graphic 85%
Game 50%

The Gameplay is so difficult for Die Hard Commandos Players
What must it be for the normal players

At the latest I give my opinion about Pyro Studios

Why This "Poor Result" After The other Top Games in this Commandos Series

TIP FOR EIDOS AND PYRO STUDIOS:

I hope this won't be the end of the Commandos Series

But Keep The Game "Playable":( :confused:

I must agree with you on this one, i believe that they rushed onto releasing the game too early, for reasons i don't understand. Maybe they rushed things due to the increased demand from consumers. What i know is that this game lacks many things that show that it is not finished. The resolution, hotkeys, no movies, much smaller maps (we all remember Colditz Castle). Commandos 2 had like 10 missions but they were huge ones making the game much longer. However Commandos 3 has basically 12 missions which are not long, but they are extremely hard so that the game lasts longer. Graphics are perfect provided that they are for 800x600 resolution, i can imagine the beuaty at 1024x768 or even higher. I hope there are many patches released that fix these things, which is very unlikely provided that Commandos 2 only had one patch. Surely they must have got the message that the game is well below their capabilites and well below our expectations.

sick
19th Oct 2003, 20:58
Originally posted by St. Erf
You always could rotate indoormaps in commandos 2 just by pressing Alt+left arrow (or right arrow)

yes, left and right is possible in the full game as everyone knows. but you guys dont know that its possible to go up and down also.

and @m, i forgot the url :rolleyes:

David
20th Oct 2003, 00:44
Originally posted by Butcher_ss
I must agree with you on this one, i believe that they rushed onto releasing the game too early, for reasons i don't understand. Maybe they rushed things due to the increased demand from consumers. What i know is that this game lacks many things that show that it is not finished. The resolution, hotkeys, no movies, much smaller maps (we all remember Colditz Castle). Commandos 2 had like 10 missions but they were huge ones making the game much longer. However Commandos 3 has basically 12 missions which are not long, but they are extremely hard so that the game lasts longer. Graphics are perfect provided that they are for 800x600 resolution, i can imagine the beuaty at 1024x768 or even higher. I hope there are many patches released that fix these things, which is very unlikely provided that Commandos 2 only had one patch. Surely they must have got the message that the game is well below their capabilites and well below our expectations.

hmm, isnt it that everyone wants the game asap no matter how bad/good it is?
game is too hard? isnt it what commandos are all about?

Butcher_ss
20th Oct 2003, 13:18
We all remember BEL, the first missions were pretty easy then they started being very hard, with C3 however they are top hard from the beginning due to the fact that they are short and few. And i would definitely wait another 3-4 months for further development of the game. Who wouldn't based on what we have seen so far?

sand63
20th Oct 2003, 16:13
not the end but a nightmare

Get_It
2nd Nov 2003, 20:40

You have SAPO.pt (http://www.sapo.pt), it's free :)

Get_It
2nd Nov 2003, 20:42
Originally posted by St. Erf
or using the scroll in you mouse, thats not news :rolleyes:

WheresTheBeef
3rd Nov 2003, 01:48
not only playable but keep it alive also. they coded every file, you cant open wav files, you cant do a ****! thanks pyro for best support you guys ever gave to the community!
my conclusion is also that c3 is a pretty big rip-off of c2;

*3d rotation IS possible in c2. dont ask me how, but it is in the unofficial c2 demo by a cheat.

*new 3d rotation engine in c3? MY ARSE! by adding a single line in the .bas files of c2 the interiors look like the interiors from c3 (interiors wont be pixalised anymore, but as blocky in c3.) it has a little bug though, so its only been patched in c3.

i really wonder where they have been working on in the past 2 years. and this:

announced multiplayer demo: not released
said 3d engine is new: same was in c2 but now its finished.
game would have 24 missions: stripped down with 12, thats 50% and many hours of fun man!
new hotkeys would make the game better playable: only have heard bad opinions about it.
I think anyone who has looked at the files in C2 and edited it would at least concede C2 already had some form of this functionality (although it created some strange anomalies). It's as if it was intended for C2, but wasn't completed in time perhaps.