PDA

View Full Version : Give me the game saves back!

dduser
19th Oct 2003, 09:40
I have just completed the Central Europe and playing the first stage of Normandy
But it always crashs my computer and force my computer reboot again and again. The most terrible thing is..., it just deleted all of my game save!!!!
And my question is...how can it restore them?????

Thing 2
19th Oct 2003, 09:49
Wow I'm not the only one this happened to.....same thing, the game kept crashing my PC...and after about the third time, no savegames....ack'....horrid.....

My friend there is NO WAY to get your saves back....you have to 1. start over or 2. Tell pyro to shove it and take the game back.

I'm choosing option 2 as I really wanted to like this game, I'm a huge fan, but...it's just not the same.....and by not the same I mean...not good....stick with Commandos 2 and let's pretend this game never happened so as not to hurt the memory.

dduser
19th Oct 2003, 09:58
Don't try to drop down your gun. It will immediately crash adn reboot computer.

lawless77
19th Oct 2003, 23:06
Same thing happened to me. All my saves dissapeared from the main screen after a crash during the 'Get to the Engine' level. Are you listening Eidos/Pyro? A dissapinting effort just got a whole lot worse.

Interesting to note, though that the save game files still seem to be intact in the game's directory. Maybe it can be fixed with a patch, if they ever bother, and if I'm still interested by then.

I tried to an 'open with' command but to no avail. I'm out of ideas. Anyone else have luck fixing this problem?

David
20th Oct 2003, 00:37
speaking of dissapearing savegames try deleting Perfiles.dat file from output folder. if of course save games are still in that directory and game just doesnt show them

but if they dissapered from output folder then i dont know. never heard of such

lawless77
20th Oct 2003, 00:59
Thanks for the tip, David. Tried it but to no avail. Files are still there, but do not show up in game's main menu.

lawless77
20th Oct 2003, 12:20
It looks like my profile has been reset to default-there was a custom one before. I tried to do a quickload also but that doesn't work either.

sick
20th Oct 2003, 12:22
looks like we have to wait for a patch...

sick
20th Oct 2003, 13:02
we = community, so "you" have to wait also.

lawless77
20th Oct 2003, 14:02
Nicely done, X! That worked. Many, many thanks. I don't know how you figured that out but I am grateful.

Maybe this post should be sticky or part of a new thread since it seems many others are saddled with the same problem.

Thanks again.

sick
20th Oct 2003, 14:40
looks like the patch arrived :D
and indeed, make new topic with solution for this! and make it sticky! huray for Xcom!:D

Xcom
20th Oct 2003, 15:11
I am glad it worked.. but before you guys start jumping from joy, you should realise that this is NOT a fix for the glitch, but rather questionable workaround at best. Your profiles are still messed up (or lost).. and no patch will fix it. It may only prevent this from happening again.

Also, since I don't have C3 yet, I can't tell what side-effects this *ahem* method may bring with it although I have already discovered one (in the demo). After loading the quicksave, game enables all missions right from the start (even those that don't exist in the demo and clicking them results in CTD :D ).