PDA

View Full Version : Taking it back...(The game)

Thing 2
19th Oct 2003, 09:22
Oh my goodness....gladly I haven't worn out my 3 day trial before being able to take this game back...because.....it's buggy and this would have to be one of the most serious bugs of all time.....my SAVEGAMES ARE GONE!!! I'm talking totally gone, every single save....wiped out...my whole profile is gone :(

I can bend over and take a lot of things from games....but this....is unacceptable....going to search for my old commandos 2 now and re-install it...as this one left a bad taste in my mouth :(

Not to mention the total LACK of a consistant storyline...it feels like a mappack instead of a whole new game...no endings....nothing....BAH'.....it felt like it could have been a great game...but alas'....somewhere along the line it forgot who it was!

PS: Even the forums are incredibly buggy, I swear I have to log in like 8 times before I can post anything.....!!

ez rider
19th Oct 2003, 10:54
dunno about the game itself
it will be released here (=netherlands) october 24 or 25
but about forum being buggy?
i never had to login twice
so maybe it has something to do with your comp or connection?

Thing 2
19th Oct 2003, 11:02
Not my connection....lol....my connection is fine....and I use plenty of other forums, one that even uses VBulletin like this one...and no problems there...it's not my security settings or anything either...because it has access to any cookies it would like to use/make....I dont know what it is...as it stands the only way I can post is if I use the Link that comes to my e-mail when I'm notified of someone replying to a thread....ack'.....:rolleyes:

sean1007
19th Oct 2003, 20:45
Oh my goodness....gladly I haven't worn out my 3 day trial

Hey, thing... where are you from?
I have not heard of taking back software in the US..
Explain....
Sean

sick
19th Oct 2003, 21:17
here the law says that you can get your money back 28 after purchase a product.

sean1007
19th Oct 2003, 21:34
So, you mean to say that if one purchases, let's say ,
widnows XP or any other software, installs and returns it a week later, saying that they are not satisfied with it,they get away with it?
Sean
PS: I would think that there are gonna be lots of C3 returns in the netherlands :-))

sick
19th Oct 2003, 21:47
what if you bought flowers and theyre hanging down after a week. you take em back and say you want new ones cuz they died and that they must give money back cuz its the law:D :cool: :p

Thing 2
20th Oct 2003, 00:24
Actually...I bought it from gamestop....and they have a 3-day return policy on PC Games....I guess they figure you can't copy the game in 3 days...dont understand, but I'm glad they have that policy.....it's the only one I've taken back....just a stinker of a game.

USA....by the way....

David
20th Oct 2003, 00:39
i personaly didnt found any bugs so far...will you be so kind to tell me a dozen?

Thing 2
20th Oct 2003, 02:16
A dozen? YOu mean you can deal with 11 bugs, or 10 bugs...but as soon as it breaks that 12 mark it's just too buggy :rolleyes:

How about one IMPORTANT bug that made me give up on this game...2 actually....which...are diar enough to warrant anyone giving up on it.....

1. Frequent system crashes
2. Save game deletion!

The system crashes I could deal with....slightly.....but after one such case I came back to the game only to find that all of my savegames were GONE!!! The straw that broke the camels back.

Hey David, play what you want...think what you want....if you enjoy it, power to you...but dont be surprised when it's all over, and you're pissed off and feeling screwed.....dont say we didn't warn you!

sick
20th Oct 2003, 08:39
i had such a prob with Commandos 2 a few days ago. but now not only the savegames where gone, but every single file used by the game! still dunno why:confused:

David
21st Oct 2003, 04:11
Originally posted by Thing 2
A dozen? YOu mean you can deal with 11 bugs, or 10 bugs...but as soon as it breaks that 12 mark it's just too buggy :rolleyes:

How about one IMPORTANT bug that made me give up on this game...2 actually....which...are diar enough to warrant anyone giving up on it.....

1. Frequent system crashes
2. Save game deletion!

The system crashes I could deal with....slightly.....but after one such case I came back to the game only to find that all of my savegames were GONE!!! The straw that broke the camels back.

Hey David, play what you want...think what you want....if you enjoy it, power to you...but dont be surprised when it's all over, and you're pissed off and feeling screwed.....dont say we didn't warn you!

isnt short gameplay is realy a problem with every game today? yes!

sick
21st Oct 2003, 14:40
no it isnt, still cant beat those 3 ubersoldats in rtcw... messing with it for days.

Twitch
21st Oct 2003, 17:02
I had problems with install. Took 3 times. After 1st it wouldn't read autorun to continue with 2nd disk I had to go into a hidden temp file to manually delete what was there since it would allow you to begin with disc 1 again. 2nd try OK in that but click on commando desktop icon gave a black screen and music like a 33RPM recods with a bad scratch that stuck. Had to unplug computer to stop it. 3rd time was the charm...I guess

bcheeser
23rd Oct 2003, 20:43
Did you guys having any problem initially installing and running C3? Did you tweak the computer at all to get it running? In other words- did you have to change anything from C2 to run it?

Twitch
23rd Oct 2003, 20:56
There's probably nothing wrong with your computer. After 3 times C3 is starting up via the desktop icon now and running. If your have problems keep un-installing and installing until it runs. Don't worry about the slow or freezing screen views and slow mouse movement, or off-center building interiors. That's not your computer either. I get that with 512MB RAM, 2.0 Gig CPU and 128 MB video card. It's a problem in C3.

David
23rd Oct 2003, 22:19
it runs quite smoothly for me on pIII 866!
didnt had any probs at all.

Twitch
24th Oct 2003, 23:42
Can't figure why my screens freeze and change views super slow on most, but not all, missions. And I have a habit of using a little utility call EndItAll that shuts down all TSR stuff so maximum system resources are available. No difference if I use it or not.

And by the way, why is it acceptable for entertainment software to be stripped down shells after all the touting of it before release. Abreviated games are fine if they retail for bargain bin prices. But 50 bucks is 50 bucks. I paid $35 and am generally OK with that but not 50. Just because all companies release titles with problems, bugs and incomplete-ness why do we pay for them? They've been getting away with it for years. A title debuts and the company soon abandons it since they're off to the next project. I'm do not mean Eidos. Rather, they improved C2 and made a stable game to begin with. But there have been many other rips offs over time and everything that has been released for the past 8 years is in need of a patch or 2 or 3 to make it what it should have been to start with. Perhaps the old carpenter's adage of " measure twice and cut once" is appropriate in entertainment software as well.

David
25th Oct 2003, 03:41
twitch, update your graphic card drivers. it speeded up game for me a little bit.