PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions

diablochameleon
19th Oct 2003, 08:48
My questions are probably not needed here but thought i might ask them anyways in here. I recently reindulged myself in the LoK series (except the 1st Blood Omen :( since i do not have it nor can i find it anywhere where i am at) anyways im curious about the reasoning behind why Kain risen 7 vampires....i can name all 7 of them but their names r revealed in Soul Reaver 1 and 2. My thoughts r maybe he is trying 2 restore Nosgoth using himself as Balance and the other 7 as the 7 fallen gaurdians and Mobieus as Mobieus the Time Streamer since that would kinda put it back at 9 gaurdians. In Defiance will their b a backdrop on this or just b/c Kain wanted these 7 to b like his trophies? and also in Defiance r they going to use Time Streams to go back and forth in time like in SR2 or does any1 know yet?...im only asking is because seeing the previews it kinda looked like it but i wasnt 100% sure on it and i didnt wanna seem foolish if there is or isnt Time Streams in it. And finally im curious about how they r going 2 put Janos into this 1 or r they going to leave him out of it?

LOKFan
19th Oct 2003, 09:08
1. Kain resurrected Raziel as he needs Raziel as part of his plans to carry out his third option at the Pillars. He resurrected Turel, Dumah, Rahab, Zephon and Melchiah because at that time, he had killed his previous lieutenants (Faustus, Marcus, Sebastian and Magnus), and needed a pair set of Lieutenants to help him rule Nosgoth.

Besides, there were very few vampires left in Nosgoth at that time as a result of anti-vampire crusades.

By the way, Kain did not resurrect Malek, as your post implies. Malek's soul was torn from his body and fused to his armor in Blood Omen. Vorador defeated Malek and his soul was freed. Malek's name is in the Tomb of the Sarafan because he was one of the Sarafan Inquistors. Notice that Malek does not have a coffin there.

2. No one knows the story to Defiance yet. So we don't know for sure whether time-travel is in the game. However,
Kain starts the game in the Sarafan Stronghold, 500 years before Blood Omen. We know that Moebius' vampire army is in this game so Kain must travel to the time of Blood Omen or there abouts in this game.

3. There is screen shot of a certain character, who many believe to be
Janos Audron (http://www.nosgoth2.net/Defiance/Screenshots/DefS11_thb.jpg)

Stephenls
19th Oct 2003, 09:11
Kain didn't create seven lieutenants, actually -- he created six. Raziel, Turel, Dumah, Rahab, Zephon, and Melchiah.

We're pretty sure that in the SR1 timeline, when and, er, "where" Kain originally raised the six lieutenants, he was operating in "covetous monstrous vampire tyrant" mode -- they were tools with which he would dominate Nosgoth, 'cause, well, he wanted to dominate Nosgoth and he needed tools to do it with. Plus, Moebius was dead at that point, since Kain killed him in Blood Omen. So the numbers probably aren't significant.

Here's the problem, though. That timeline... it never happened. Kain created his six lieutenants because he was the last vampire in Nosgoth, and he needed an army. Thanks to the end of Soul Reaver 2, the events of Blood Omen 2 happened -- Kain never was the last vampire in Nosgoth. We don't know why he created the lieutenants anymore.

To answer your other question, we don't know if Defiance will have timestreaming. We know it'll have Moebius, though, so that could be a hint.

diablochameleon
19th Oct 2003, 09:30
thanks for clarifying that for me
A new question then since maybe there is time travel...what if Raziel stops the Kain that kills William and Mobieus doesnt kill Vorador what role would that play? or has no one thought of bringing back Vorador? since he did kinda fall into the footsteps of Janos in a way.

LoK#1
19th Oct 2003, 09:40
Vorador was alive in bo2 for some reason,remeber kain tells him he thought he was dead and vorry says summin like so did I,and Vorry has also been confirmed to appear in the new game check here (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/gss/lokdefiance/) for info on Defiance from the official site;)