PDA

View Full Version : Thief 3? What the!?

Wayd
19th Oct 2003, 07:19
Can you Eidos lads give us any indication when we'll get any real information of Thief 3? Or maybe an official site? Or some high-res in-game footage?

Maybe some concept art?

ChangelingJane
20th Oct 2003, 02:29
I just got that Eidos DVD you get for free upon registering. What a letdown! I thought there would be some hi-res Thief 3 footage, but no, just the cinematic we've all already watched over and over. And then there's a whole menu-full of extras for Backyard Wrestling. Like I care about that!

Baroque
20th Oct 2003, 12:17
Never register for free...

Bat-mite
20th Oct 2003, 17:29
To answer Wayd's question, no--Eidos will not give us any information just yet. Do a google search to find a few articles out there. Specualtion puts it at this coming spring for a release.

As soon as the forum admins learn anything official, I'm sure we'll hear about it. Till then, hang in there.

Squid
21st Oct 2003, 04:07
Actually, some of the stores and magazines are saying before Christmas. I'm not sure I believe that, since we don't have a demo yet and the website is not really active... but I've been wrong before. I'm sure hoping to get it into my theifly little hands as soon as possible, but I want it to be finished, instead of rushed.

Squid

Quillan
21st Oct 2003, 13:47
I don't know if this is still true, but a few months ago I read something about Thief 3. At the time they were saying T3 was supposed to use the exact same engine set that was being used for Deus Ex:Invisible War. With that title slated for a Dec 3rd release now, if they still are using the same graphics/lighting/physics engines, a large part of the developemental work would be already done. They would still have to have a team developing the textures models and skins, level design has to be done separately, and all the voice acting scripting and cutscenes, but it might be closer than people think. I still haven't seen anything remotely official though.

Wayd
22nd Oct 2003, 00:10
Originally posted by Quillan
I don't know if this is still true, but a few months ago I read something about Thief 3. At the time they were saying T3 was supposed to use the exact same engine set that was being used for Deus Ex:Invisible War. With that title slated for a Dec 3rd release now, if they still are using the same graphics/lighting/physics engines, a large part of the developemental work would be already done. They would still have to have a team developing the textures models and skins, level design has to be done separately, and all the voice acting scripting and cutscenes, but it might be closer than people think. I still haven't seen anything remotely official though.

Aye, that's what i've read everywhere.

We can only hope, i guess. :(

Me & my bro are both big Thief fans, and can't wait to get more info on the game...

Peter_Smith
22nd Oct 2003, 06:22
Something I cannot understand is why Eidos and Ion Storm would not have an active web site and PR campaign months before the release of T3. They did for DX2. By that logic, T3 is not ready to announce, so it is not likely to be ready for a December release. Unless, of course, this is a new sales technique, the "stealth release." I guess that might be appropriate for Thief. ;)

Bear in mind that I am not an Eidos employee, and I know nothing about it. This is just idle speculation.

Bat-mite
23rd Oct 2003, 20:40
This would be an interesting way to distribute the game...

You go to the store and buy the Thief 3 game; take it home and open it, excited to play, only to find no CD/DVD. What you do find is a map and mission objectives...for how to steal it from Eidos' warehouse! Or something. ;)

Squid
23rd Oct 2003, 23:40
My local Software Etc. has a date of mid March for Thief 3. They were surprised to hear that it might come in earlier than that.

Squid

SK Denton
30th Oct 2003, 04:07
I don't see how there is any chance T3 will come out this year since most of the people who are supposed to be working on it are right now working on DX2. When ion storm gets done with DX2 then they will start working on T3 so I predict a late Q1 release in 2004 at the earliest.

Squid
30th Oct 2003, 06:08
Well, Software still has March 3rd and Electronic Boutique doesn't have a date at all. *Shrug* At this point, I'd just like to see something official, even if it's "1st Quater 2004"

Squid

wherehego?
1st Nov 2003, 07:24
I CAN'T TAKE IT CANT WAIT GAHHHHHHHHH!!11111111:mad:

umm... kinda lost control.. i'm ok now...:o

The Glome
7th Nov 2003, 22:38
Well, DX2 should be more than enough entertainment until T3 is released. :)

Shadow Man
16th Nov 2003, 15:48
If you check Game's Website (http://www.game.uk.com)
it says that Thief 3 wil be out in the First Quarter of 2004, (Q1 2004) in Europe. Which means it will probably be earlier for US. And this site was right about the late release date for LOK - Defiance, so this is likely to be right, aswell.

SNAKE-LORD
17th Nov 2003, 01:48
thief 3 is available for preorder.
just go to the link below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008NDZW/thief3info-21/026-2587621-2640419

please note that site gives a general release date for thief 3.

ps.
the good news is it's changed twice.
at first date was actually late march.
it changed to early march.
now it's listed as early febuary.
so maybe a valentine's day release.
just that extra special something we are all dying to get.
heck some of us are seemingly willing to kill others for it.:D

Wayd
17th Nov 2003, 09:23
Never, ever, ever trust the release dates of a retailer.