PDA

View Full Version : C3 for $34.99 at Best Buy

cptmcnair1
19th Oct 2003, 04:45
I saw the ad. Starts 10/19.

Thing 2
19th Oct 2003, 11:04
That should give you all an idea of just how bad this game is...it's selling at a bargain price :(

Oh commandos how we used to love thee :(

AlexChavez
19th Oct 2003, 16:22
Just because it is somewhat hard does not make it bad. I personally love the game.

Thing 2
19th Oct 2003, 17:01
No one said I didn't like it because it's hard...it's not a good game....it's just not....it's short, it's not filling...there's no consistant story...the resolution is set at 800x600 which makes my monitor squeal consistantly...the controls are HORRID....the game is BUGGY!!! The missions are short....not very creative....it feels like more of a map pack than a real game....and I think the devs knew that...hence the price.

They try to say the game has 12 missions....but I'd only consider about 8 of them real missions...and that's a HUGE step down from the talked about 24......there is NO multiplayer co-op (as in you and a buddy take on the missions together)...so...NO replay value.

And the worst part of it all (to me at least) is it veered away from what made commandos great...strategy, they're throwing timed missions in...more action-oriented missions...and it's just uneccesary....I want commandos for the strategy.....nothing else!

Tek
19th Oct 2003, 17:52
for the love of Christ Thing, i registered just to tell you it's a Best Buy sale, they are selling Max Payne 2 for that price too, and that definitely doesn't need a sale to sell.

Monkey44
19th Oct 2003, 23:28
first off the price of a game doesnt mean crap about how good the game is cause i know i spent a lot of money on crappy games before, also is that price the same at every best buy or is it a region thing

Thing 2
20th Oct 2003, 00:28
Well Tek I'm honored that you would register for lil' ol' me...

Unfortuanately regardless of price this game is still a stinker....if you've played it already you'll agree, and if you haven't, but plan on it....you will soon agree.....it's not worth the 39...and defianately isn't worth the 50....I just checked and you can get a bundle package of Commandos 1 and 2 for only 20 bucks...now that's money well spent!

Anyhow, ok...it's a sale....but hey...game still sucks :rolleyes:

David
20th Oct 2003, 00:34
nevertheless it is still worth getting. maybe it is a little bit too short, like everything these days, but definately new multiplayer modes add more fun! ctf all ze way :P

sean1007
20th Oct 2003, 01:01
to hear from gamers in the EU to tell us what they think of the game. I have made up my mind to pass on C3 for now...
Thank you for the "best buy" sale post, but after reading all comments so far, I still think this is too much money. And after playing the demo and tutorial, I have no reasons to dispute the bad reviews...
And I have no doubt that within a month or so, the price will go down even further.
And you can get both BEL and BCD for free, if you know where to look.
Sean

ragsy
20th Oct 2003, 04:53
mmmm i never thought i'd say it but i reckon i will wait for it to turn up in a bargain bin.....

I can't possibly ignore all these bad reports.. what a shame..

Not that i have the option to buy it yet anyway, but I'm no longer busting to see it :(

WheresTheBeef
29th Oct 2003, 10:11
Originally posted by Thing 2
No one said I didn't like it because it's hard...it's not a good game....it's just not....it's short, it's not filling...there's no consistant story...the resolution is set at 800x600 which makes my monitor squeal consistantly...the controls are HORRID....the game is BUGGY!!! The missions are short....not very creative....it feels like more of a map pack than a real game....and I think the devs knew that...hence the price.

They try to say the game has 12 missions....but I'd only consider about 8 of them real missions...and that's a HUGE step down from the talked about 24......there is NO multiplayer co-op (as in you and a buddy take on the missions together)...so...NO replay value.

And the worst part of it all (to me at least) is it veered away from what made commandos great...strategy, they're throwing timed missions in...more action-oriented missions...and it's just uneccesary....I want commandos for the strategy.....nothing else!
well said!

When I pre-ordered the game, I assumed I was getting 24 missions! Then to find 12 little ones? No hotkeys... gameplay/fun/replay factor totally gone.

I paid $70CDN for C3. They better put out a map pack for free or it won't matter if C4 comes with 90 levels... I won't buy anything with EIDOS on it (yeah, I know it's Pryo, but the only way to pressure the developer is through the publisher :p )