PDA

View Full Version : 3d

PS2-3D
19th Oct 2003, 04:43
Just thought I would drop a line in the water to say that I have Tomb Raider (PS2 version) working in 3D. This is a terrific game - smooth as silk. Good game guys !

=======
PS2-3D

jso2897
19th Oct 2003, 12:40
Tombraider? Which one? What do you mean 3D? PS2? What, in brief, are you talking about?:confused:

PS2-3D
19th Oct 2003, 15:26
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness. to be specific.

For the Sony PlayStation 2.

When I say 3D - I mean that the television becomes a window that I can look down halls and streets and see distance. (3 Dimensional).

The system I have uses LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) glasses that are worn and the PS2 Adapter (not on the market yet) and while playing the game I can see the game in 3D.

The effect is like the game being seen with a 'kids view-finder'.

Leigh Croft
19th Oct 2003, 16:09
So youre saying that instead of using a tv you use the headset glasses? Something like this......?

http://au.playstation.com/assets/technology/vrheadsetcreen1large.jpg

PS2-3D
19th Oct 2003, 16:19
What a great looking system - must cost a bundle of $.

No - Its not a HMD, its an LCD shutter glass system.

The key is that the adapter creates the 3D images, while the glasses or a HMD are used to view in 3D.

What is the Pixel Res. of the Sony HMD and cost? Does it accept NTSC or Pal input? I would like to try the HMD with the adapter to see real imersive 3D.

jso2897
19th Oct 2003, 21:31
Sounds cool. How well does the effect work?

PS2-3D
19th Oct 2003, 23:26
The effect is true stereoscopic 3D which means that the objects in the game have the correct perspective distance from each other.

The LC game rendering engine is good as most of the PS2 and xBox games are (no sprites).

Tomb Raider, Turok and Matrix all work well. Not all games will work in 3D but I have not had the time to test all of them.

I can post a picture of the hardware if you tell me how to.