PDA

View Full Version : Two Major complaints

Ampulator00
19th Oct 2003, 02:48
Number One: Hotkeys are very, very bad in this game. It was uncessary to remove them, even if the click interface is better now.

Number two: The game is too hard. Tweaking the Enemy AI is one thing, but the fact of the truth is, my commandos should have the same range as a regular soldier using the same weapon. So, if I get into a firefight, it would be fair, and it wouldn't be geared towards their advantage.

WeinerMan
19th Oct 2003, 03:15
The game is too hard

"There has been a lot of work on the enemy AI, but there is always a limit to this, as you have to make it possible for the player to eliminate the enemies. If we made them extremely intelligent, it would be impossible for the player to finish the missions, especially in a game like Commandos where enemies are far superior in number to you. We have made them clever, but have left room for the player to succeed."

Ignacio Perez Dolset - C3 Lead Designer

according to Ignacio, you can do it! :D

Wayd
19th Oct 2003, 07:33
Ah.

There's one point i agree on.

Since the demo level is one where you end up just having to shoot everyone, why do the Commandos have such ****ty range?

Ampulator00
19th Oct 2003, 17:11
My problem is not with the enemy AI and range, it's thee commandos AI and range. They should have the same ragne as the Nazis. And besides, aren't these guys the best of the best? Why would they have shorter ragne than a ragular nazi soldier? (unless they a longer range weapon of course).

Twitch
21st Oct 2003, 20:11
The hot keys are much better than icon clicking. Instead of hitting "G" for gun and firing you must pull the pointer down to the icon group, open the group, then open the pistol icon, click on it, aim...and by then you're dead. Some SS soldier with the long coats can recognize the spy and other can't ??? Briefings are too shallow with regards to visual details as C2 had. No lower levels to practice on either. I don't mind hard but real commandos had better intel on what's up with their missions.

Thorup
21st Oct 2003, 20:23
I have not yewt tried c3, but I know by experience that commandos games arwoudl be too easy if the firing range was equal to or exeeded the enemy firing range. If you play Commandos 2 on normal difficulty the firing range is almost equal, however, I would not recommend killing your enemy with firing arms, you should rather use knives and other silent methods of the disposal of your enemies.

Sir Caleb
21st Oct 2003, 20:34
I cannot agree more with this post!!!! What the hell? The Nazi's have better range than the Commandos???

Also, it takes so long to click everywhere! I NEED HOTKEYS DAMN YOU, EIDOS!

I shall split in twain thy bollocks!

Or just give us a patch or something to fix this? An add on? I'll pay, damn you, heathen princes of fire and ice!

Yeah. Frustrated. :confused:

Ampulator00
21st Oct 2003, 23:23
Originally posted by Thorup
I have not yewt tried c3, but I know by experience that commandos games arwoudl be too easy if the firing range was equal to or exeeded the enemy firing range. If you play Commandos 2 on normal difficulty the firing range is almost equal, however, I would not recommend killing your enemy with firing arms, you should rather use knives and other silent methods of the disposal of your enemies.

The problem with C3 is that, it only has one difficulty: hard.

Wayd
21st Oct 2003, 23:32
Originally posted by Ampulator00
My problem is not with the enemy AI and range, it's thee commandos AI and range. They should have the same ragne as the Nazis. And besides, aren't these guys the best of the best? Why would they have shorter ragne than a ragular nazi soldier? (unless they a longer range weapon of course).

I know. The commandos should have equal range, when it comes to weapons.
Especially now since there are going to be levels where the Commandos are just supposed to kill heaps of enemies.

There are hotkeys, they're just not the same as the old ones. Yeesh, they're not that difficult to use.

The difficulty of Commandos games are what make them Commandos games.

kanez
22nd Oct 2003, 07:25
it is no problem that they make the game more difficult. we are expecting a more difficult game aren't we?
but why in the hell did they remove the hotkeys? what the hell are they thinking about?

Twitch
22nd Oct 2003, 14:45
Where are the hot keys? There are none beyond 'space' to lie down/get up and 'A' to cover and the camera windows and quicksave. Without hot keys one has more commands to give and has to visually look at the weapon/equipment icon then click on it.

In a word processing program is it faster to highlight a sentence click 'control+ c' to copy and 'control+ v' to paste it or is it faster to highlight a sentence, move your mouse pointer to the toolbar, open 'edit,' scroll down and click on 'cut' then repeat the process again for 'paste'?

Thorup
22nd Oct 2003, 19:47
is it really no hot keys in c3? that sucks:mad:

badman
22nd Oct 2003, 19:53
Number two: The game is too hard.

Hey Buddy, you must be joking! I've never seen such an easy game:( It's 100 times easier than Commandos 2 and 1000 times easier than C:BEL or C:BTCOD. You need approximately 10h to finish the whole game:mad: In my opinion C3 sucks really badly! :cool:

cwaniaq
22nd Oct 2003, 20:28

Number two: The game is too hard.

This game is too hard ? ;) lol
It's the easiest release of commandos, german soldiers often miss the target, sometimes I can run with green berry and kill whole german patrol (using the knife ;)) this not make sense. ;>
Missions is too short !
One small mission with diver ? It's insane ! :mad:
Where's the driver ?:mad:
I'm very disappointed !

David
23rd Oct 2003, 03:09
well, i personaly dont have any complains! i have been waiting for the game for 2 years, so no matter how bad it would be i still would have liked it :)
there is few minor bugs, but that is just esthetical issue (messed up uniforms and all...pyro guys were lazy to thoroughly check all ;))
also game seems a bit too short.
but it is definately not the easiest game from the series :) the harder the better!

btw guys, whats the point having same shoot range as enemy??? dont forget it is still stealth based game, not shot-em-up ;)

Ampulator00
23rd Oct 2003, 08:56
Originally posted by kanez
it is no problem that they make the game more difficult. we are expecting a more difficult game aren't we?
but why in the hell did they remove the hotkeys? what the hell are they thinking about?

Diffuculty is not a problem. The problem is, there is ONLY ONE Setting for difficulty: Hard. There should be easy, normal, and hard. Something like that.

Thorup
23rd Oct 2003, 14:26
if it is so short you should not rush through it. you should take your time completeing every mission

misfit410
23rd Oct 2003, 17:44
I agree about the controls, it makes me sick how bad they are with the removal of hotkeys.....lets pray a patch comes they gives an option to play it like Commandos 2 if we choose.

sean1007
23rd Oct 2003, 18:19
if it is so short you should not rush through it. you should take your time completeing every mission

That is very funny line "Thorup"
imagine someone that is very hungry and when given a tiny bowl of soup, is told to eat it very slowly cuze that's all he will get for the next three or four days ..:p
Now, I have not bought C3 and probably won't, now that the reviews are in. I am about to delete my link to this forum, and therefore wish you all luck with the game.
Before I leave I want to say one last time that BEL and BCOD
are both superior games....
Graphics . gameplay, AI, missions, and yes, even the commandos voices are more realistic that any sequel.....
So long fellows...
Sean

Mike_B
23rd Oct 2003, 18:28
Sean, please fix your sig

http://home.planet.nl/~xcom/art/sigwarning.gif

Thorup
23rd Oct 2003, 19:01
Originally posted by sean1007

That is very funny line "Thorup"
imagine someone that is very hungry and when given a tiny bowl of soup, is told to eat it very slowly cuze that's all he will get for the next three or four days ..:p
Now, I have not bought C3 and probably won't, now that the reviews are in. I am about to delete my link to this forum, and therefore wish you all luck with the game.
Before I leave I want to say one last time that BEL and BCOD
are both superior games....
Graphics . gameplay, AI, missions, and yes, even the commandos voices are more realistic that any sequel.....
So long fellows...
Sean

LOL, great example with the soup. It really made me laugh:D

but you don't need to leave the forums just because u are not getting c3. you can discuss BEL and BCD still:)

and @m I don't think that it was his sig. he only typed that line manually

Mike_B
23rd Oct 2003, 19:31
Oops, indeed, just pretend I've never posted that :)

Twitch
23rd Oct 2003, 20:08
I ran C2 on hard and very hard yesterday and noted the range of weapons and C3 looks prety close to being very hard or even less. Hard has pretty good range in C2. C3 has 2 1/2 commando body lengths pistol range- about 2.25 meters. Hard on C2 has about 3.75.

Forget that its supposed to all be stealthy. The great thing that set C2 apart was the fact that is is not 1 dimesional in game play. There are infinite ways to run a mission. Not C3.

I will not praise it simply because I waited like everyone for 2 years. I don't even mind hardness. The lack of hot keys gets you killed and it has many bugs. Screens sliding by them selves, uncentered interiors, all controls move lethargically or freeze, saved games lost, voices stink. Spooky sounds like a pervert and lapses into un accented English. Lupin sounds better. Tiny is OK but not as deep a voice as before.

And if I have hear him say "oochra" one more time when he is hurt I'm gonna start stalking the streets with my .44. That's one of the Lupin .WAVs in C2. I've been in combat and can tell you nobody says freakin "oochra" when they're hit. At least just "uuaah!"

I used to review software for Combatsim.com and have seen a few titles good and bad but C3 needs a massive injection of C2's testosterone to make it worth a hoot.

Get_It
8th Nov 2003, 15:52
Originally posted by WeinerMan
"There has been a lot of work on the enemy AI, but there is always a limit to this, as you have to make it possible for the player to eliminate the enemies. If we made them extremely intelligent, it would be impossible for the player to finish the missions, especially in a game like Commandos where enemies are far superior in number to you. We have made them clever, but have left room for the player to succeed."

Ignacio Perez Dolset - C3 Lead Designer

according to Ignacio, you can do it! :D

hey Ignacio! I want hard missions!
Give us the best AI on the enemy and allies.

CurtX
8th Nov 2003, 16:54
Be careful of what you ask for. Pyro's next game may involve enemies with unlimited weapon range, but your player will have no range at all; i.e. blind.

Twitch
11th Nov 2003, 18:26
Yo Curt- In the next game they can recycle the Llama from C2 Burma mission and make him blind like the wise old monk in the Kung Fu TV series. And of course he reloads his own weapon ammo at 1/100th the powder charge so it only goes 10 feet in range.