PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of the Deus Ex end levels

Esquire
18th Oct 2003, 16:32
I personally hated the end levels of deus ex. the map were Bob Page was in that big cubic thing was too big, i had to actually use the picture logs to find my way around,.. and then i had all of them karkians to kill aswell! the end movies were great. the end storys were great. but the maps/levels... i couldnt stand them.
Maybe i havent made this as clear as i should....

I would like to hear anyone elses opinions on the last few levels of Deus Ex.

Centauro
18th Oct 2003, 22:46
Little trick there if you don't want to be annoyed by karkians and greasels down there:

Have you seen that when human enemies are badly wounded they quit fighting and run away from you? Same thing with grays, karkians and greasels, so you just gotta shoot them enough to almost kill them. After that, they'll just run away when they see you, (self preservation instinct!) and as the UC only produces creatures when you kill the ones previously produced, there are not new beasts, so you can walk freely down there, pleased by the terror that you inspire in those monsters. It helps a lot if you have the targeting mod upgraded so it shows you the health level of the target, that way you can stop shooting just before they die.

As for the map design for the final level, I was not totally satisfied, but I didn't find that hard to make my way...

Agent_JCDenton_UNATCO
19th Oct 2003, 20:08
the level design isn't that bad but i wish there were more troopers and commandos to fight instead of those things:mad:

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Oct 2003, 11:35
yes, I agree this last level was a little too big. even with the map, I had problems to remember where everything was (OK, i could have made notes, but as I have stated, I am lazy)

I whish they make smaller levels in DX:IW

OK, i KNOW the levels in DX:IW will be smaller. don't start flaming

Tbone
21st Oct 2003, 21:04
!!!

You can upgrade the targeting mod? How did I miss something that basic?! *looks ashamed*

Tbone
22nd Oct 2003, 15:47
Evidently, I'm on crack. I thought you were talking about the IFF augmentation, not the targeting mod. I had totally forgotten about that one because I tried it once and found the vision mod to be so much more fun. I didn't find the health meter all that useful as I use a more primitive, but effective one -- if they're moving, they're not dead yet.