PDA

View Full Version : Hope for DX2 HUD yet

Guy_from_Oz
18th Oct 2003, 04:54
G'day,
I went over to PlanetDX today and looked at some of the screenshots for DX2. The thing is, the HUD, while still different, is similiar to the original DX HUD. The layout for the augs is a little different, instead of being all down a single row, they are split up to 2 sets side by side. But check out http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx2/files/screenshots/ and see for yourself. A bit worried at the 4th PC screenshot though, looks like the guy is trying to do the robot version of a tribal dance or something, just a tad weird. Anyway, you must be able to choose different HUD types or something, thankfully. A few hours after looking through the fish eye HUD may start giving you tubular vision all the time. Just hope they keep it is all. Cheers.

Guy_from_Oz
18th Oct 2003, 04:57
*I meant, i hope they keep the customibility of the HUD, just fyi.

Sylvester Ink
18th Oct 2003, 05:24
Those are pretty old screenshots, from before they introduced the new HUD layout. Unless the player is able to do what you said and switch between HUD layouts, it probably won't look like that. But, as I haven't been keeping up with the DXIW news as often as I should, (I'm such a bad DX fan . . .) I may have missed something. I wouldn't worry though. If the new layout were bad, or distracting to gameplay, the testers would have mentioned it and the developers would most likely change it. At least that's how it works in theory.

Picasso
18th Oct 2003, 05:33
Yes, those screenshots are very old. PDX hasn't updated any of their screenshot sections in quite a while.

Guy_from_Oz
20th Oct 2003, 03:08
Man, PlanetDX must be pretty bad if they can't keep up with the correct info. I mean, they are supposed to be a planet for the game you would think they would know whats going on on it wouldn't you?

gareis
26th Oct 2003, 19:48
[hijack]
I noticed on the Gamestar video that there's a bar at the top of the HUD that increases with movement and ambient light. It seems we have the visibility indicator we all wanted.

Lawnboy360
26th Oct 2003, 20:11
I noticed on the Gamestar video that there's a bar at the top of the HUD that increases with movement and ambient light. It seems we have the visibility indicator we all wanted.

That would make sense, as they need to have this feature in the engine for Thief3 anyway.