PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the NDS version of Chrono Trigger

iambasho777
14th Jun 2012, 21:17
I played CT way back in the 90s when my grandma's SNES still worked (the cousins and I kinda played it to death rofl) and absolutely loved it. I picked up the PS1 version at my local used game shop last year but the insane loading times jsut killed the experience for me. I've been wanting that CT nostalgia, so I was wondering how the NDS version compares to the SNES version? I actually ordered it earlier with the 10 dollar off sale SE is having, and just wanted to know what to expect when I get it.

cky182dude
14th Jun 2012, 23:05
It's just like the PS1 version of CT, just without the lag in between battles, which I could stand but did get a little annoying after a while. It has the same cutscenes from PS1 and looks better. (Maybe it's just because of the smaller resolution) Definitely worth the buy.

Ice
16th Jun 2012, 02:34
I would say it's the definitive version. As Enoc said, all of the additions from the PS1 version and more with none of the loading problems. Unless you just don't like handhelds, there's no reason not to give it a look.

member_10822883
18th Jun 2012, 23:13
Definitely the definitive version. I love it.

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 16:46
I love the NDS version so much, and the added features make it even more awesome! :)

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 21:55
Well, I got it in the mail on Friday. I've been loving it so far, up until about 20 minutes ago when it froze on me while trying to enter a battle in the Reptite Lair after the Forest Maze in prehistory. My last save was right after the party, so I am a little ticked, oh well.

Speaking of that party, was there the same amount of boozing in the original and I just missed it bc I was 8ish at the time? "It call skull-smash, because in the morning skull feel smashed" rofl

Ice
26th Jun 2012, 13:52
Well, I got it in the mail on Friday. I've been loving it so far, up until about 20 minutes ago when it froze on me while trying to enter a battle in the Reptite Lair after the Forest Maze in prehistory. My last save was right after the party, so I am a little ticked, oh well.

Speaking of that party, was there the same amount of boozing in the original and I just missed it bc I was 8ish at the time? "It call skull-smash, because in the morning skull feel smashed" rofl

I think it was just called "soup" in the original. Everyone was "sick" from a stomach ache the next day.

tiaeltaru
27th Jun 2012, 12:06
Personally my favorite version of the game.

I for one welcome the things they did with this version, being certain things were initially planned but didn't go through with in Chrono Cross.

monstermaniac
19th Jul 2012, 01:12
I never played CT before the DS version because of how rare it originally was , but everyone said how great it was on the DS with all the new features and such. After beating it , I can honestly say it's a fantastic version of the game.