PDA

View Full Version : Who will save the widow's son?

Kamakazi_down
18th Oct 2003, 02:18
In the free clinic the first time you enter it there is a man sitting on a couch next to a poster that you can initiate dialouge to. He says, "Who will save the widow's son?" which you respond to with "Huh?" He then says "Never mind." I figure this is some code word and has some relevance. Anyone know anything about it?

Random
18th Oct 2003, 02:35
I think it's a reference to one of those 'secret' organisations like the Masons. Someone explained it a while ago, but I can't remember exactly which group it was.

I was disappointed that you couldn't make the guy spill some more beans. ;)

BigWig
18th Oct 2003, 05:52
Maybe its a code for the mole people...

maybe...

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Oct 2003, 11:29
it is "any help for the widow's son"

and as it has been written, it is apparently a masonic sentence

s-a-smith
20th Oct 2003, 16:55
Apparently according to the Freemasons, Rosecrusians and, originally, Knights Templar the "Widow's Son" was one Hyram Abiff who built Solomon's Temple and then was murdered in it by him. He was later brought back to life. Seems the Freemasons drink a toast to him.

p-i
12th Nov 2003, 13:50
I'm not sure if it is an actual Masonic distress signal or just one popularized by <em>The Illuminatus! Trilogy</em>.

<b>From Appendix Mem
Certain questions that may still trouble some readers</b>

2. What was the Masonic signal of distress used by the grocer B. F. Morgan when Dillinger tried to rob him in 1924?
<em>Answer:</em> It consists in holding your arms outward, bent upward 90 degrees at the elbow, and shouting, "Will nobody help the widow's son?"